ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizards Planning to waive Martell Webster.......

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Re: Wizards Planning to waive Martell Webster....... 

Post#21 » by closg00 » Tue Dec 8, 2015 9:04 pm

Kanyewest wrote:According to the Washington Post, Webster received more money from another destination but actually accepted less money to stay with Washington. John Wall also ended up taking slightly less and perhaps he would not have been so generous if Washington did not re-sign Webster.

Dat and others were right that Webster was not out of the water with his injury issues. Ultimately, one would have to think that Webster would have been worth a lot more than this contract had he stayed healthy.

Please provide an actual quote and link from the Post for this claim Kanye, Webster had no other offer that I recall and certainly not for more money. The other day you claimed EG didn't want to draft Vesely, has Hands11 taken-over your account? :)
closg00
RealGM

Post#22 » by closg00 » Wed Dec 9, 2015 12:49 am

closg00 wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:According to the Washington Post, Webster received more money from another destination but actually accepted less money to stay with Washington. John Wall also ended up taking slightly less and perhaps he would not have been so generous if Washington did not re-sign Webster.

Dat and others were right that Webster was not out of the water with his injury issues. Ultimately, one would have to think that Webster would have been worth a lot more than this contract had he stayed healthy.

Please provide an actual quote and link from the Post for this claim Kanye, Webster had no other offer that I recall and certainly not for more money. The other day you claimed EG didn't want to draft Vesely, has Hands11 taken-over your account? :)

Whatcha got Kanye? Webster had no other offers besides EG's.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#23 » by Kanyewest » Wed Dec 9, 2015 3:19 am

closg00 wrote:
closg00 wrote:

Whatcha got Kanye? Webster had no other offers besides EG's.

My bad, meant to say that Webster took less money to sign with Washington the first time. It was reported by Zach Lowe

One other tidbit that probably greased the wheels here, and in the Wiz signing Webster on the cheap last summer: Webster’s agent, Dan Fegan, reps both Wall and Nene.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/67745/deal-report-the-clippers-load-up-on-shooters-bledsoe-finds-a-new-home-the-bucks-make-us-sad-and-more-in-nba-free-agency"

I'm not really sure what Webster's offers were at the time of the 2013 offeason.
closg00
RealGM

Post#24 » by closg00 » Wed Dec 9, 2015 3:42 am

Thanks for clearing that up Kanye, just wanted make sure this wasn't another case of Ernie bidding against no-one and he wasn't.

Return to Washington Wizards