ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #16: LA Lakers @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [12/2/15]

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

YOUR WINNER

La la landers
80%
Reppin the most powerful city in the world..
20%

Total votes: 5

nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Re: GT #16: LA Lakers @ Wizards 7 PM (CSN/99.1 FM) [12/2/15] 

Post#221 » by nuposse04 » Thu Dec 3, 2015 2:44 am

Hopefully this loss just embarrasses the team for a couple days. Ted needs to give a damn about this mediocre as **** product.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#222 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 3, 2015 2:50 am

nuposse04 wrote:It would be nice if other guys showed up once Wall broke out of his slump. Beal played a decent game sans his 3 pt shooting yesterday but was quiet as hell tonight. Porter has been a human wasteland for like 6 straight games. One of them should be benched to send a message. Or perhaps both.

Last season, we had for about two months unreal shooting Rasual Butler. Drew Gooden was a revelation off the bench and by the playoffs Wittman caught on to small ball picking up the team. By the playoffs, Pierce's swagger rubbed off on several team members.

The season before that, Trevor Ariza brought a lot of energy on defense and he reliably hit threes. He brought it all season long, including the playoffs.

This season it seems like Wall and Beal must have expected an easier time of things. Both are turning the ball over a ton. Neither has been consistent at either end. It's nice that the last two games Wall has found his intensity but for the season he's been bad by his standard. nuposse04, one thing stands out and it's just what you pointed out: NOBODY ELSE SHOWS UP to pull Wall out of his slump.

Gortat gives what he has but he's physically overmatched more and more frequently. He's alone among bigs.

The Wizards this off season went out and got so much of the same: JUMP SHOOTERS. Neal, Dudley, Anderson

And in truly moronic IMO fashion, they made sure to draft a guy, Oubre, who could only play if Porter, Beal, or one of the above go to the bench.

While Julius Randle was playing bully ball against Dudley, I bet Bobby Portis would have outplayed Randle--but that assumes this coach wouldn't have had Portis nailed to the bench as he has Dejuan Blair.

Enough rant. Wizards lost to the Lakers. Kobe finds fountain of youth. Beal wants a max deal. :(
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#223 » by AFM » Thu Dec 3, 2015 2:51 am

Why would it? Verizon Center was sold out.

SOLD OUT just like Ted SOLD OUT his Soul to BEELZEBUB DESTROYER OF WORLDS, dude would do anything for a quick buck, and when I say anything, I mean anyone.
thebigE
Junior
And1: 90

Post#224 » by thebigE » Thu Dec 3, 2015 2:53 am

AFM wrote:Trade Beal for Clarkson

If the answer is "a nice role player" to the question of where would a player fit on a team like the Spurs? Than you don't sign that player to a max contract. Let Beal walk.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#225 » by nuposse04 » Thu Dec 3, 2015 2:59 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
nuposse04 wrote:It would be nice if other guys showed up once Wall broke out of his slump. Beal played a decent game sans his 3 pt shooting yesterday but was quiet as hell tonight. Porter has been a human wasteland for like 6 straight games. One of them should be benched to send a message. Or perhaps both.

Last season, we had for about two months unreal shooting Rasual Butler. Drew Gooden was a revelation off the bench and by the playoffs Wittman caught on to small ball picking up the team. By the playoffs, Pierce's swagger rubbed off on several team members.

The season before that, Trevor Ariza brought a lot of energy on defense and he reliably hit threes. He brought it all season long, including the playoffs.

This season it seems like Wall and Beal must have expected an easier time of things. Both are turning the ball over a ton. Neither has been consistent at either end. It's nice that the last two games Wall has found his intensity but for the season he's been bad by his standard. nuposse04, one thing stands out and it's just what you pointed out: NOBODY ELSE SHOWS UP to pull Wall out of his slump.

Gortat gives what he has but he's physically overmatched more and more frequently. He's alone among bigs.

The Wizards this off season went out and got so much of the same: JUMP SHOOTERS. Neal, Dudley, Anderson

And in truly moronic IMO fashion, they made sure to draft a guy, Oubre, who could only play if Porter, Beal, or one of the above go to the bench.

While Julius Randle was playing bully ball against Dudley, I bet Bobby Portis would have outplayed Randle--but that assumes this coach wouldn't have had Portis nailed to the bench as he has Dejuan Blair.

Enough rant. Wizards lost to the Lakers. Kobe finds fountain of youth. Beal wants a max deal. :(

Actually, it looked like Oubre and Hump were gonna help but the rotations continue to make little sense. Hollins did not need all that burn in the 2nd half when their backup center is Bass. That is the perfect guy for Hump to matchup with. The fact that Oubre got no run in the 2nd half after Beal and porter laid monstrous goose eggs is also ridiculous.

I think when Alan Anderson comes back they'll have at least one guy on the wing to match some of Wall's energy but still they are lacking consistent shooters. ESPECIALLY Porter. For as much as people want to fluff his genitals on his all around game... he's been an atrocious self check as a perimeter shooter lately, and gets muscled around too often on the boards for my liking (then again we also play him at the 4 with no real SF on the floor which makes NO sense).

But I also think it is probably a bad gameplan on asking 22 y.o. wings in Porter and Beal to become consistent cornerstones when they are both still very deeply flawed players that probably need another 2 years of developing their game. :/
RealGM

Post#226 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:01 am

keynote wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
DANNYLANDOVER wrote:Gortat disappeared in the 2nd half. I wouldn't even include him.

In his defense, in the third quarter the Wizards went back to jacking jumpers. Gortat got blocked by Hibbert once but it was a long time before he got another look. Playing next to Dudley isn't helping Gortat on nights like this. I think his double double was fine.

I don't understand why Wittman didn't come back with Oubre at the same time he came back with Humphries, or why he put Beal back in when the subs were building a lead.

They resorted to jacking jumpers because the Lakers adjusted to Gortat by sagging into all passing lanes whenever the Wizards guards penetrated. Wall, Beal, Porter, and Temple each picked up silly turnovers by driving to pass instead of driving to score. Instead of taking it to the cup, they settled for long 2s.

In other words: Byron Scott outcoached Randy Wittman.

For sure, I agree with the part in red.

As for Wall and Beal I'm reminded of Paul Pierce saying guys on the Wizards don't catch on that fast.
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager

Post#227 » by AFM » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:01 am

I wonder if Blair fukked Wittman's wife or something. Ryan Hollins is complete ass, was just signed yesterday, and already has played more minutes than blair
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,008

Post#228 » by dckingsfan » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:03 am

Well Nuposse, that pretty much somes up Porter and Beal... young and still need more time to develop. I do think that Porter has taken a huge jump this year... but the 3 ball is really holding him back. Beal... he has been pretty much the same for the last few years.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#229 » by nuposse04 » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:05 am

Hibbert intimidated the driving lanes I think... but it isn't like Roy is the same guy he was on the Pacers...so I don't know why no one even challenged him...I mean its better then clanking jumpers.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#230 » by nuposse04 » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:12 am

dckingsfan wrote:Well Nuposse, that pretty much somes up Porter and Beal... young and still need more time to develop. I do think that Porter has taken a huge jump this year... but the 3 ball is really holding him back. Beal... he has been pretty much the same for the last few years.

Beal just needs to cut the TOs down. He started the season well enough and had seemingly tried to phase the mid range 2s out... they made a triumphant return tonight :noway: I don't think he'll warrant a max by seasons end.. but I suspect he will make incremental strides by season end. Porter just need to knock down 3s at a respectable rate and we won't be such an issue in the half court offense. He's decent at many things, and like Beal I believe some of his issues are just in his head. Dude was hitting 3s insanely well in preseason (porter)... and I mean he is WIDE OPEN on some of these looks he gets now...

The consistency is annoying, or rather the lack of it. They both played GREAT perimeter defense I thought yesterday... that can absolve a lot of their offensive limitations... but I thought they got punked by Kobe and Clarkson tonight.

Here is hoping they find their ways sooner then later, cause we can't count on Wall to drop 35 every night.
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#231 » by TheSecretWeapon » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:17 am

PPA ratings for tonight's game (in PPA, 100 = average, higher is better, 45 = replacement level)

WIZARDS
Wall 310
Humphries 232
Gortat 129
Temple 109
Sssions 94
Dudley 52
Neal 44
Beal -10
Prter -49
Hllins -51
Oubre -138

LAKERS

Bass 288
Williams 210
Randle 207
Kobe 145
World Peace 89
Clarkson 72
Russell 54
Nance -11
Hibbert -53
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
RealGM

Post#232 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:20 am

nuposse04 wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:Well Nuposse, that pretty much somes up Porter and Beal... young and still need more time to develop. I do think that Porter has taken a huge jump this year... but the 3 ball is really holding him back. Beal... he has been pretty much the same for the last few years.

Beal just needs to cut the TOs down. He started the season well enough and had seemingly tried to phase the mid range 2s out... they made a triumphant return tonight :noway: I don't think he'll warrant a max by seasons end.. but I suspect he will make incremental strides by season end. Porter just need to knock down 3s at a respectable rate and we won't be such an issue in the half court offense. He's decent at many things, and like Beal I believe some of his issues are just in his head. Dude was hitting 3s insanely well in preseason (porter)... and I mean he is WIDE OPEN on some of these looks he gets now...

The consistency is annoying, or rather the lack of it. They both played GREAT perimeter defense I thought yesterday... that can absolve a lot of their offensive limitations... but I thought they got punked by Kobe and Clarkson tonight.

Here is hoping they find their ways sooner then later, cause we can't count on Wall to drop 35 every night.

Beal's likely very guilty of watching an idol and a legend and being both in awe and intimidated; and also far too nice at the same time. I recall when Allen Iverson was young and MJ was old, AI clowned him. Larry Bird talked shyt to an old Dr. J. Even a guy like Nick Young saves his best games for Dwayne Wade. Plays like he hates the guy and generally plays very well every time they match up.

Porter and Beal probably heard the crowd and felt like they were going against their dad or an older brother. Way too respectful.

The Wizards need more dog on their team and one of the reasons I'm mad at Wittman is he seems to not get it. Oubre is a cocky dude. He needed to play more. Blair can hurt a guy by accident. In my dreams if I were a coach I'd have some Chuck Daly in me. Make SURE to put dudes on the court who put opponents under mental and physical duress--when that obviously works. The Wizard should have had this game at 86-82.

But they went back to doing what they do. Shooting jumpers, turning the ball over, and not getting key stops because this team is soft.

Also, at the moment IMO they're poorly coached.
Bye bye Beal.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#233 » by queridiculo » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:20 am

Raised season ticket prices and a sold out arena against a 3 win team on a Wednesday night?

Leonsis must be ecstatic, that double bottom line life is sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,008

Post#234 » by dckingsfan » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:22 am

nuposse04 wrote:Beal just needs to cut the TOs down. He started the season well enough and had seemingly tried to phase the mid range 2s out... they made a triumphant return tonight :noway: I don't think he'll warrant a max by seasons end.. but I suspect he will make incremental strides by season end.

The thing I worry about is that they are going to have to pay him max $$s. I know this is sacrilege but I think we should trade him sooner rather than later. If we don't think were are going to be in the playoffs at the trade deadline and he hasn't picked it up, it will be time.
nuposse04 wrote:Porter just need to knock down 3s at a respectable rate and we won't be such an issue in the half court offense. He's decent at many things, and like Beal I believe some of his issues are just in his head. Dude was hitting 3s insanely well in preseason (porter)... and I mean he is WIDE OPEN on some of these looks he gets now...

I am more patient with Porter - this is really his first full season starting.
nuposse04 wrote:The consistency is annoying, or rather the lack of it. They both played GREAT perimeter defense I thought yesterday... that can absolve a lot of their offensive limitations... but I thought they got punked by Kobe and Clarkson tonight.

Defensive consistency - yep.

nuposse04 wrote:Here is hoping they find their ways sooner then later, cause we can't count on Wall to drop 35 every night.
And then Wall starts trying to hard when everyone around him is playing poorly. I think Beal's lack of a jump this season has definitely hurt in the L column and might be THE reason we don't make the playoffs (of course that means I thought he was going to take that jump :))
RealGM

Post#235 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:23 am

TheSecretWeapon wrote:PPA ratings for tonight's game (in PPA, 100 = average, higher is better, 45 = replacement level)

WIZARDS
Wall 310
Humphries 232
Gortat 129
Temple 109
Sssions 94
Dudley 52
Neal 44
Beal -10
Prter -49
Hllins -51
Oubre -138

LAKERS

Bass 288
Williams 210
Randle 207
Kobe 145
World Peace 89
Clarkson 72
Russell 54
Nance -11
Hibbert -53

I hope some day, Kevin, that you'll invent a coaching "CPA" or some metric to measure coaching.

Oubre didn't hurt the team overall because he and Humphries were on the court at the same time. Rebounds went up, stops went up, and the Wizards didn't turn it over when they played.

Williams didn't shine until Temple went out and Beal came back in. Bass got all his shine against the great Ryan Hollins, who's already playing more than Blair.

Beal's turnovers and that stretch in the fourth where the Lakers got momentum were huge.

Wittman coached like ass tonight IMO.
Bye bye Beal.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#236 » by dandridge 10 » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:24 am

queridiculo wrote:Disgusting crowd.

Disgusting team. This game was as predictable as church on Sunday. I knew that this would happen and that's the exact reason why I sold my tickets to tonight's game, so you could partially blame me for what was likely two extra Lakers fan in the crowd.

This team just has a bunch of mental midgets. It was clear that they thought they could just turn it on at the end, but you can't just let a bad team stick around like that as you just give them confidence. But, the Wizards have been doing just that for years.

I have always stuck by Beal, but he has played like a real p**ssy. Not once did he try to go at Kobe and take it to the rack. He was content to just jack up jumpers and hung his head when they didn't fall. Porter was pretty bad tonight, but I think Beal was even worse. No way does Beal deserve anywhere near the max at this point.

Finally, I think its funny how the media is trying to sell Kobe's recent retirement announcement as his attempt to take the pressure of his team by clarifying his plans. The only reason he announced his retirement early in the season is he wants a farewell tour during his last season. Its nothing but to feed his big fat ego.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#237 » by LyricalRico » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:26 am

Tonight was Kobe's night, but at least Wall went out like a G. Where was Beal?
RealGM

Post#238 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:28 am

dandridge 10 wrote:
queridiculo wrote:Disgusting crowd.

Disgusting team. This game was as predictable as church on Sunday. I knew that this would happen and that's the exact reason why I sold my tickets to tonight's game, so you could partially blame me for what was likely two extra Lakers fan in the crowd.

This team just has a bunch of mental midgets. It was clear that they thought they could just turn it on at the end, but you can't just let a bad team stick around like that as you just give them confidence. But, the Wizards have been doing just that for years.

I have always stuck by Beal, but he has played like a real p**ssy. Not once did he try to go at Kobe and take it to the rack. He was content to just jack up jumpers and hung his head when they didn't fall. Porter was pretty bad tonight, but I think Beal was even worse. No way does Beal deserve anywhere near the max at this point.

Finally, I think its funny how the media is trying to sell Kobe's recent retirement announcement as his attempt to take the pressure of his team by clarifying his plans. The only reason he announced his retirement early in the season is he wants a farewell tour during his last season. Its nothing but to feed his big fat ego.

Violent agreement with all that you posted, dandridge.

Wittman is the biggest culprit IMO.
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager

Post#239 » by AFM » Thu Dec 3, 2015 3:28 am

I'd like Nivek to tel us what his formula says Beal is worth

I'm guessing not more than 10M a year MAX
AFM
General Manager