ImageImageImageImageImage

Have You Panickers Actually Thought This Through?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Have You Panickers Actually Thought This Through? 

Post#1 » by milellie111 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:26 pm

TGW wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:decent chance of a losing streak in the next few games as well--talking about this stretch:

@ Cavs
Pacers (B2B)
@ Blazers
@ Jazz
@ Nuggets (B2B)
Pistons
Bulls

no path to the playoffs there

we need to go 0-7 here. that's the nail in the coffin for grunfailed and we keep our pick

queridiculo wrote:The goal for the Wizards should be to finish no better than 9th worst, ironically they're just as unlikely to achieve that as they are to reaching the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Reading some of the asinine suggestions on this board lately is mind boggling. A loss here or there, everyone wants to blow it up!! Yet those games we win, Wall posts triple doubles, Marcin averages double doubles on the season, Nene looks to form, Beal averaging 20ppg, Sessions arguing for best backup pg in the league, no one has any praise?

The goal of the Wizards should and will be to remain competitive and win as many games as possible. How can some of you guys as fans actually support prematurely throwing away an entire season purposefully? All for the sake of getting a GM and coach canned? Bush league!!

The players on this team with pride, careers, families and financial obligations, you think they will be on board to give up in the middle of the season to support the agenda of a few realgm posters? You think Ted, a successful billionaire, employer of many Monumental employees and dedicated owner sitting courtside at the games, would be happy to see his franchise mail it in? All to support the agenda a few realgm posters? Season ticket holders, fans with families bringing their kids to the games. How would they feel spending hundreds, thousands of dollars to see this team play at a competitive level? You think they would understand mailing in a season all to support the agenda of a few realgm posters?

Say Grunfeld and Wittman gets fired like many suggest. Kiss the Durant sweepstakes goodbye. He's definitely not coming to a rebuilding team.

A new GM would most likely blow this team up, and take at least 3 or 4 seasons to get it back on track. John Wall would be gone by then as he does not want to stick around on a rebuilding team wasting his career.

Then what? You've lost your main star/franchise player and you have to either trade/draft another one. 5+ years of missing the playoffs, potential revolving door of head coaches and falling back to the dark ages. Is that what some of you want? The grass is not always greener on the other side.

The best thing for the Wizards is to keep Grunfeld. Ted realizes this. The risk is not worth it. Canning him would set this franchise back longer than you might imagine.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Re: Have You Panickers Actually Thought This Through? 

Post#2 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:39 pm

I definitely see this thread reaching 100 pages.
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:44 pm

So you have absolutely no problem with them missing the playoffs (which is overwhelmingly likely now) AND giving up a pick that will very likely be from 10th to 14th.-
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#4 » by MJG » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Never stop posting milellie, pure gold.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,005

Post#5 » by dckingsfan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:47 pm

Should this thread be merged with the Grunfeld thread :)
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#6 » by closg00 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:50 pm

GPDW 2.0, masterful propaganda on-behalf Ernie Grunfeld again.

Merge with the Ernie thread please, have mercy on us mods.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,324

Post#7 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:50 pm

You post is precisely the problem with the awful Morris trade. Without the trade, they could have been free to try to win games and make the playoffs, and if they fail, they at least get the consolation prize of a lotto pick. It's a win-win. But because of the trade, there is now a "maximum pain" zone where they neither make the playoffs nor get a lotto pick. And in typical Grunfeldian fashion, the Wizards are right in the middle of the max pain zone. They have little hope of getting the playoffs now, so the only way to have any positive outcome whatsoever is to tank.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#8 » by TGW » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:52 pm

milellie111, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

Display this post.

Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#9 » by TheSecretWeapon » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:52 pm

milellie111 wrote:Reading some of the asinine suggestions on this board lately is mind boggling.

My exact thoughts every time I read a post from this guy called "millie".

Oh...umm...well...this is awkward.

:oops:
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,005

Post#10 » by dckingsfan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Panicker - is that a word?

I would say we are naysayers, cynics, prophets of doom, EG defeatists...
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#11 » by fishercob » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:13 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B71WCnGTSXE[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKUqUi9Ao1k[/youtube]
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by milellie111 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:24 pm

nate33 wrote:You post is precisely the problem with the awful Morris trade. Without the trade, they could have been free to try to win games and make the playoffs, and if they fail, they at least get the consolation prize of a lotto pick. It's a win-win. But because of the trade, there is now a "maximum pain" zone where they neither make the playoffs nor get a lotto pick. And in typical Grunfeldian fashion, the Wizards are right in the middle of the max pain zone. They have little hope of getting the playoffs now, so the only way to have any positive outcome whatsoever is to tank.

Awful Morris trade? So in less than a week and only 4 games played with the Wizards, you've already determined that the Morris trade was awful? Are you able to forsee the future? If so tell me how. Everything i've heard around the league is that the Morris trade was great for the Wizards and has the potential to definitely pay off. Even Jeff Hornacek gave the thumbs up to the Wiz on Morris.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by milellie111 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:26 pm

TGW wrote:
milellie111, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

Display this post.

Funny. Based on your previous posts, I've imagined you looking similar to those in the Gif.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,324

Post#14 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:27 pm

milellie111 wrote:
nate33 wrote:You post is precisely the problem with the awful Morris trade. Without the trade, they could have been free to try to win games and make the playoffs, and if they fail, they at least get the consolation prize of a lotto pick. It's a win-win. But because of the trade, there is now a "maximum pain" zone where they neither make the playoffs nor get a lotto pick. And in typical Grunfeldian fashion, the Wizards are right in the middle of the max pain zone. They have little hope of getting the playoffs now, so the only way to have any positive outcome whatsoever is to tank.

Awful Morris trade? So in less than a week and only 4 games played with the Wizards, you've already determined that the Morris trade was awful? Are you able to forsee the future? If so tell me how. Everything i've heard around the league is that the Morris trade was great for the Wizards and has the potential to definitely pay off. Even Jeff Hornacek gave the thumbs up to the Wiz on Morris.

I was able to foresee the future because I was instantly able to assess the fact that we were extremely unlikely to make the playoffs with or without Morris, so in fact it was a trade of a top 9-14 pick for Marcus Morris. Any fool can understand that a 26-year-old backup forward isn't worth a late lotto pick.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#15 » by AFM » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:28 pm

#GPDW

Don't make me change the name of our crew to GPDR
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#16 » by queridiculo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:30 pm

I feel bad for anybody that hasn't ignored this clown since page 1 of his Grunfeld thread.
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by milellie111 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:32 pm

Ruzious wrote:So you have absolutely no problem with them missing the playoffs (which is overwhelmingly likely now) AND giving up a pick that will very likely be from 10th to 14th.-

The Morris trade made sense and it still makes sense. Give it time. The guy hasn't even been here a week.
Alan Anderson is in the fold and will help tremendously. This team is very much still alive and has fight. Don't throw in the towel until we're officially eliminated.

Plus, very likely there will not be a player at the caliber of Morris with his skill set at pick in the first round. A young skilled PF who can shoot on a cap friendly deal? It's a win win regardless.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#18 » by AFM » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:34 pm

Mils you crackin me up homeboy
milellie111
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by milellie111 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:35 pm

nate33 wrote:
milellie111 wrote:

I was able to foresee the future because I was instantly able to assess the fact that we were extremely unlikely to make the playoffs with or without Morris, so in fact it was a trade of a top 9-14 pick for Marcus Morris. Any fool can understand that a 26-year-old backup forward isn't worth a late lotto pick.

Morris is starter material. When he tried in Phoenix, he put up good numbers. Think of the potential he has with Wall a top PG in the league. Often, the draft is a crapshoot. Better to have 1 in the hand than 2 in the bush.
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#20 » by queridiculo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:37 pm

This pretty much times a billion.

Return to Washington Wizards