ImageImageImageImageImage

Have You Panickers Actually Thought This Through?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,970

Re: Have You Panickers Actually Thought This Through? 

Post#181 » by dckingsfan » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Kanyewest wrote:Maybe Millie is the new Jinx- every time he posts the Wizards seem to worse.

He posts - we lose.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#182 » by BigA » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:49 pm

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#183 » by tontoz » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:31 pm

Has this guy ever made a thread that didn't backfire?
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,302

Post#184 » by nate33 » Fri Apr 1, 2016 1:45 pm

I stumbled upon this article: https://wizzzkidd21.wordpress.com/2016/03/29/how-to-cope-with-the-end-of-another-sowizards-season/

After reading it, I felt a little bit better about this disastrous season.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#185 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Fri Apr 1, 2016 3:29 pm

True, do I hear a wizards board get together for the last regular season home game?
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#186 » by pineappleheadindc » Mon Apr 4, 2016 12:04 am

I wonder if the panickers have thought anything through yet?

#GrunfeldProvesDoubtersWrong
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#187 » by deneem4 » Mon Apr 4, 2016 12:48 am

If whittman and eg isn't fired this offseason we need to make a petition
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#188 » by TheSecretWeapon » Mon Apr 4, 2016 2:46 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:I wonder if the panickers have thought anything through yet?

#GrunfeldProvesDoubtersCorrect

Fixed your hashtag.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,781

Post#189 » by CobraCommander » Mon Apr 4, 2016 3:08 am

We are a team without a coach or GM. When you see what is happening in Boston and Charlotte with slightly better rosters it makes me "PANIC". When I watch that we are not developing our young guys e.g. KO rides pine and gets inconsistent minutes just like Porter before him- I panic. KO would have been better served staying in college and playing meaningful minutes and upping his draft stock than coming to the wiz and sitting behind guys who may not be on the team next year!!! We watch every game and we can't predict when KO is gonna get in the game- it's maddening. When I see Beal is injury prone and threatening a max contract I panic...because I don't know what to do. Sign Beal and he could end up being a complete bust. Beal just called out his team and then goes 2-16 - showing no self awareness..which means we don't need him. On the other hand he could get healthy and end up being one of the top 10 two guards in the league (better than avg)--- PANIC FreeAgency! Our bench is horrible--- the players may be fine bench players but when John is out of the game they play a completely different style of ball- Panic. We have come regressed as a team from a play off team to an irrelevant team...once again and I see Detriot, Indiana, Charlotte, Boston, and Toronto getting better. Atlanta, Miami and Cleveland are simply better than the wiz. The Magic and the Bucks could end up being equal or better than us next year....all of this makes me Panic- we could be on a spiral down...and JW isn't going to waste his career her losing...which makes me panic. We are not going to pull big name free agents...which makes me want to panic. Gortat has been our number 2 player all year and he is 32.

Panicccccccccccccingggggg
deneem4
Lead Assistant

Post#190 » by deneem4 » Mon Apr 4, 2016 6:46 pm

Porter was highly considered a bust messing around with whittman and his Rotations. The playoffs last year revitalize that confidence...we're not making the playoffs this year and I hope it doesn't hurt oubre...he has more potential then Porter and beal and he started off better than both
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#191 » by CobraCommander » Tue Apr 5, 2016 1:34 am

deneem4 wrote:Porter was highly considered a bust messing around with whittman and his Rotations. The playoffs last year revitalize that confidence...we're not making the playoffs this year and I hope it doesn't hurt oubre...he has more potential then Porter and beal and he started off better than both

People where saying Oubre may have been a lottery pick this year. We are lucky to have KO but Wittman isn't developing him. We need a new coach and GM and trade everyone but JW, KO and sign Beal to a RG3 contract...show and prove.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,302

Post#192 » by nate33 » Tue Apr 5, 2016 1:43 am

CobraCommander wrote:
deneem4 wrote:Porter was highly considered a bust messing around with whittman and his Rotations. The playoffs last year revitalize that confidence...we're not making the playoffs this year and I hope it doesn't hurt oubre...he has more potential then Porter and beal and he started off better than both

People where saying Oubre may have been a lottery pick this year. We are lucky to have KO but Wittman isn't developing him. We need a new coach and GM and trade everyone but JW, KO and sign Beal to a RG3 contract...show and prove.

I'm not even slightly worried about Oubre's lack of playing time in his rookie year. I do not consider it a sign that he isn't being developed. It's very common for rookies to not get much PT, particularly 19 year-old rookies.

If he doesn't get playing time next season, I'll be upset.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#193 » by CobraCommander » Tue Apr 5, 2016 1:51 am

nate33 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

I'm not even slightly worried about Oubre's lack of playing time in his rookie year. I do not consider it a sign that he isn't being developed. It's very common for rookies to not get much PT, particularly 19 year-old rookies.

If he doesn't get playing time next season, I'll be upset.

But the problem is with us not making the playoffs this is a wasted year for him personally. You have to admit, playing meaningful minutes in college would have served him more than the limited practice and playing time he has got this year. It is well documented that NBA teams don't practice and teach nearly as much as college team.
TheBlackCzar
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#194 » by TheBlackCzar » Tue Apr 5, 2016 12:52 pm

It's also well documented that NBA ball is vastly different from NCAA ball...

So many guys beast in college then never make it pro..... Mike Beasley ring a bell as just a recent local player who fits that bill to a T.

I think KO would've improved under Bill Self, but the question is how much.... It's hard to compare an extra year in school to the pro's simply because its so many moving parts outside of the games that come into play when you're a pro. It's on you to decide to improve, no longer on your coaches pushing you.. He's going to be much more adjusted to the longer season with a year under his belt, and he truly knows whats expected of him to become a good player.... Maybe he learns that in college or becomes a long 2 shooter. A toss up with dudes as raw as KO, because even with another year in college he was still going to be extremely raw.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,332

Post#195 » by dobrojim » Fri Apr 8, 2016 4:25 pm

Not sure how you conclude that Oubre has more potential than Porter
unless all you're looking at is athletic prowess which we know from
bitter experience, see JeFail McGee, doesn't count for that much
in the NBA where almost everyone is an uber athlete.

OP was not thought to be a reach at 3. Oubre was barely in the lottery.
True OP's first season was wasted due to a combination of an untimely
injury and simply better players ahead of him, but he's now not far
from where he probably 'should' have been and I'd say our 3rd best
player after Wall and Tat. Oubre was unable, despite being healthy
all year, to crack the rotation.

Given time, Oubre could work out. I'm not discounting that possibility
completely, but if he was that good, we probably should have seen
more indications this year.

edit to add- for the record, Oubre is 20. Which is still quite young.
pps - OP is either 22 or just turned 23. He's a couple months younger
than Beal who will be 23 in late June, IIRC.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
deneem4
Lead Assistant

Post#196 » by deneem4 » Fri Apr 8, 2016 9:12 pm

dobrojim wrote:

Not sure how you conclude that Oubre has more potential than Porter
unless all you're looking at is athletic prowess which we know from
bitter experience, see JeFail McGee, doesn't count for that much
in the NBA where almost everyone is an uber athlete.

OP was not thought to be a reach at 3. Oubre was barely in the lottery.
True OP's first season was wasted due to a combination of an untimely
injury and simply better players ahead of him, but he's now not far
from where he probably 'should' have been and I'd say our 3rd best
player after Wall and Tat. Oubre was unable, despite being healthy
all year, to crack the rotation.

Given time, Oubre could work out. I'm not discounting that possibility
completely, but if he was that good, we probably should have seen
more indications this year.

edit to add- for the record, Oubre is 20. Which is still quite young.
pps - OP is either 22 or just turned 23. He's a couple months younger
than Beal who will be 23 in late June, IIRC.

Oubre has more potential because he's simply a tougher kid...he doesn't even like to take midrange shots...imagine that!! On a randy whittman team...he either shoots the 3 or attack the rim not caring about contact...as a rookie that's big...he has his problems defensively but it isn't because he isn't being aggressive it's some cause he need experience...I think hes our best defender considering we have given up on that end of the floor this year but he's shown he can lock guys down...

And his motor is incredible...he's already a better rebounder than porter n porter is a good rebounder...

When he got those consistent starts in December he was great for that 5 game stretch
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#197 » by payitforward » Fri Apr 8, 2016 9:19 pm

Right now Oubre is a one-handed player. I don't think NBA defenses would have any trouble frustrating him once they bothered to start looking at video on him.

He's very athletic and very gifted. There's no reason he can't develop and become terrific. I hope he does. Hope he works hard at it.

Right now, Porter is by far -- way way far -- the better player. An extremely good player, in fact.

I'm glad we have both of them.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....

Return to Washington Wizards