ImageImageImageImageImage

Injuries and Wittman: A Year of Struggle

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Re: Injuries and Wittman: A Year of Struggle 

Post#41 » by closg00 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:05 am

montestewart wrote:Does anyone know why Millie II got banned? I hope it wasn't just because of his unpopular opinions. He was barely here five minutes.

I see now that Millie is "un-banned". Millie will be back when the "Year of Struggle" press conference is given and Ted gives a pathetic speech about being agressive during the off-season.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#42 » by montestewart » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:20 am

closg00 wrote:
montestewart wrote:Does anyone know why Millie II got banned? I hope it wasn't just because of his unpopular opinions. He was barely here five minutes.

I see now that Millie is "un-banned". Millie will be back when the "Year of Struggle" press conference is given and Ted gives a pathetic speech about being agressive during the off-season.

Agro Terd! That will be hilarious! Twice the tan, none of the credibility.
NiqtheAntiq
Senior
And1: 227

Re: RE: Re: Injuries and Wittman: A Year of Struggle 

Post#43 » by NiqtheAntiq » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:34 am

closg00 wrote:
TheSecretWeapon wrote:
ozthegap wrote:
I'll say. Lets count. Arenas, Larry Hughes (MJ? Can't remember), Nene,the guy we got from dallas whose name i cant remember (6 month rental for butler if i remember correctly) Okafur, Webster, Beal. Is that it? I could swear there were more.
Thats not counting the guys he got while they were injured. Like alan anderson, jared dudley, and Barbosa.

Arenas was a great signing -- the first contract anyway. CCJ warned against re-signing him to a massive contract. I thought it was okay because other players with similar injuries had made full recoveries. I learned recently that the team had information indicating Arenas' knee was a bigger risk than fans knew -- something about the location of the cartilage damage made recovery more tenuous. If I'd had that information at the time, I might have been on CCJ's side of things.

Hughes was an MJ pickup.

Nenê was an obvious injury risk when they acquired him. The concern from some was that the Wizards were getting the expensive decline portion of his career, and that's turned out to be accurate.

Okafor, Webster, Beal -- all Grunfeld acquisitions. Not sure how Beal's relative fragility could have been anticipated. Okafor had a previous neck injury. Webster had a lengthy injury history, including a major back surgery.

As you point out, Anderson's injury was known when they signed him. As was Dudley's, which thankfully turned out to not be a big deal.

What was unforgivable about the Arenas re-signing was that it contained zero protection for the org in the event that the knee wasn't going to work-out, none. Grunfeld repeated the same mistake with Webster, that deal should have been team options the final two years.

Webster

Waived on November 30, 2015 (stretch provision used for $2.5M guaranteed in 2016-17).
Final year is partially guaranteed.

They are basically paying him 830,000 for the next 3 seasons, not too bad.

stretch provision was a positive edition to the new CBA. It could have protected them against an Arenas situation.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#44 » by payitforward » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:31 pm

AFM wrote:
montestewart wrote:
pineappleheadindc wrote:True dat. Wait, what?

Bans and Pine: A Year of Struggle

Or maybe Bans & Pine. Sounds more like a law firm.

The only lawyer around here is PIF. Word on the street is that he's a major ambulance chaser. PIF- Pay In Full, his contractual terms.

Busted! But, AFM, you could at least express your gratitude for my being there to defend you when they hauled you off the streets! I'm sorry about that, btw, but the lead cop was right: you got to buy a tighter corset!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#45 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:52 am

montestewart wrote:
pineappleheadindc wrote:
AFM wrote:You can tell when someone is guilty, if they get super defensive like pine above. Dude has a quick trigger finger and lives to ban members. Beware.

True dat. Wait, what?

Bans and Pine: A Year of Struggle

Or maybe Bans & Pine. Sounds more like a law firm.

Sounds like a Sierra conservatory group. No logging here.
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Injuries and Wittman: A Year of Struggle 

Post#46 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:57 am

montestewart wrote:
closg00 wrote:

I'm no longer seeing Ted as venerable or benevolent.

More like somewhat visceral and if not malevolent then malignant when it comes to his support of EG.
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#47 » by montestewart » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:49 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
montestewart wrote:
closg00 wrote:

I'm no longer seeing Ted as venerable or benevolent.

More like somewhat visceral and if not malevolent then malignant when it comes to his support of EG.

Don't forget his attention to details as evidenced by his personal inspection of the urinal cakes. Terd is the epitome of "hands on."
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#48 » by payitforward » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Hey... Ted has his own thread. This one -- started by the briefly present Jarlmaster -- should certainly be frozen. There's no there there. I mean here. No hear here. Or something....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....

Return to Washington Wizards