ImageImageImageImageImage

Emergency thread: Wizards at Atlanta (3/21/16)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Re: Emergency thread: Wizards at Atlanta (3/21/16) 

Post#201 » by pineappleheadindc » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:55 am

For the rest of this week (thru Saturday night), the Bulls aren't losing. They have one against Orlando and a home and home against the Knicks.

Detroit has Orlando on the road and then Charlotte and ATL at home. The could be 1-2 on the week.

Wiz got ATL and Minny at home.

Come Sunday morning, would be nice to be ahead of Detroit and only have one team in front of us to catch.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,110

Post#202 » by J-Ves » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:17 am

nate33 wrote:
benb331 wrote:Lazy question for the gurus - say we win out. Any chance we'd miss the playoffs in that scenario?

If we win out, we'd deal Detroit the additional loss they need for us to catch them. The only help we would need is for Chicago to lose 2 games or for Indy to lose 3.

What killed us was that last loss to Chicago when they played without Butler and Rose. If we had won that, we would currently be in 8th place and a game behind 7th.

Yeah that loss was bad, but the pacers 1 point loss in heartbreaking fashion was a close second. Winning that game would of brought us one game closer AND would of gave us the tie breaker in h2h games vs the pacers. Losing to Por, Utah, and Den were all terrible losses as well. If we could of won one or more of those 5 games we'd all feel better about the Wiz playoff chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hawkamanic81
Rookie
And1: 39

Post#203 » by Hawkamanic81 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:22 am

Atlanta just isn't a good basketball team and this loss tonight was just more proof that.

The east is as terrible as ever... The only difference is that the west is no longer as strong as it used to be. You basically have three teams in Golden State, San Antonio and Cleveland. Everyone else is filler. Teams like Toronto, Oak City and the Clippers are decent, but they're not contenders. Everyone else is filler.
Hawkamanic81
Rookie

Post#204 » by Hawkamanic81 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:25 am

dlts20 wrote:The Hawks were 10-2 coming into tonight, playing against alot of great teams, and blowing nearly all of them out. They won't fall apart. This game doesn't show anything bad about the Hawks. It shows how great we are at full strength

The Hawks are not a good team. They've already lost 30 games... Washington isn't a good team either. Both teams are worthless and they have no shot to win anything.

The Hawks aren't good. They lost 3 out of 4 meetings to the New York Knicks. They've got creamed by SA, Cleveland and Golden State. They're unable to beat Toronto. What the Hawks normally do is steal one game from teams, but they often lose the season series to teams.

Oh, Miami has also beaten the Hawks in 3 out of 4 meetings.

The most solid thing the Hawks have done this year was beat the Clippers in both meetings. Yeah, they swept Houston and Dallas, but that's not impressive.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#205 » by dlts20 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:34 am

Dude take that crap back to your own board
Hawkamanic81
Rookie

Post#206 » by Hawkamanic81 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:46 am

dlts20 wrote:Dude take that crap back to your own board

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Neither of these teams are a threat... Just like they were not a threat last year. Think about it... Both of these teams were better last season, but neither were a threat to Cleveland. The same holds true this year.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#207 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:38 am

dlts20 wrote:Dude take that crap back to your own board

Speak for yourself. I welcome something different than the same old homer posts.
Bye bye Beal.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#208 » by dlts20 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:44 am

CCJ, I literally haven't seen him post in a year and then you show up on your opponents board to down them after a big win? Who does that especially after your team is 10-2 and killing good teams? It wreaks of someone disappointed in his team losing after thinking they were playing great so he comes to rain on your parade to make him feel better.

I'm not going to another board just to tell them we both suck after they beat us. It's not like we were talking trash and clowning them. Like seriously, what is the point of doing it? He's not posting in any of the Hawks threads and last year i remember him getting upset at people on the Hawks board for being negative so now he does it on his opponents board out of nowhere? You don't get it
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#209 » by stevemcqueen1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:18 pm

Atlanta's PA guy is so **** annoying.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#210 » by nate33 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Doug_Blew wrote:
nate33 wrote:
What killed us was that last loss to Chicago when they played without Butler and Rose. If we had won that, we would currently be in 8th place and a game behind 7th.

We are currently 1.5 games back from Chicago and Detroit. If we won the game against Chicago, i think we'd still be a half game behind Chicago and a game behind Detroit.

I'm enjoying this run and enjoying Markief Morris. I am rarely happy now when i see Dudley in he game instead.

Chicago is 36-33. We are 35-35. If we had beaten Chicago, they would be 35-34 and we would be 36-34 with the tiebreaker advantage.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#211 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:47 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
TheSecretWeapon wrote:
deneem4 wrote:The Hawks might get knocked out the playoffs...they have a very tough schedule if Toronto keep playing well...

Nah, it would take a cataclysmic collapse for the Hawks to miss the playoffs. Their schedule isn't that tough -- a bit less than a point per game better than average. They already have 41 wins. It might take 44 wins to get the 8th seed, but it won't take 45. My guess: they'll go 6-5 the rest of the way.

Chicago is 36-33. They will need to go 8-5 to reach 44 wins. (As they are on a 3-win streak; that's 11-5)
Detroit is 37-34. The will need to 7-4. (Also on a 3-win streak; that's 10-4)

If EITHER of them reach their goals, you're correct; it will take 44 wins. Washington will have to go 9-3 (or, 14-3 counting the 5-win streak) the rest of the way.

I think it's going to take 8-4, but I could be WRONG.

Either way, the odds are AGAINST the Wizards.

Yup, it's much harder to catch 2 teams than it is one.

Gotta admit, the Wiz surprised me with the win last night. If they beat Atl back to back, I'll be impressed.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#212 » by nate33 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:47 pm

pineappleheadindc wrote:For the rest of this week (thru Saturday night), the Bulls aren't losing. They have one against Orlando and a home and home against the Knicks.

Detroit has Orlando on the road and then Charlotte and ATL at home. The could be 1-2 on the week.

Come Sunday morning, would be nice to be ahead of Detroit and only have one team in front of us to catch.

Chicago is the real problem though. We control our destiny with Detroit because we play them one more time. We need help to catch Chicago.

It's such a shame that the Wizards have been so undisciplined all year long. We see now that when they are focused, they can play pretty good ball. They're just way too lazy most of the time.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#213 » by Rafael122 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:29 pm

I think this should be the thread for tomorrow's game since it's a home and home.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#214 » by stevemcqueen1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:34 pm

nate33 wrote:It's such a shame that the Wizards have been so undisciplined all year long. We see now that when they are focused, they can play pretty good ball. They're just way too lazy most of the time.

Yeah. They pissed away this season. They are so much better than Detroit and Chicago and Indy. They're just losers. They should have won ten more games than they have.

This team has been underachieving for the past three years, but this season takes the cake.

Ernie makes Ronald Reagan look like he's made out of velcro. I don't know wtf it's going to take for Ted to finally fire him. But if this year isn't as obvious an indictment of the leadership of this franchise, then I don't know what could be.

Does anyone know what Ernie's contract situation is?
dlts20
RealGM

Post#215 » by dlts20 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Looking at the sked, if we win the next 3 then we have GSW on National TV next Tuesday at 10:30. All the teams in front of us should lose that night before we play and I wouldn't be shocked if they lose one before then. That means we could be playing GS that night on a 8 game win streak with a chance to break their home record and the win putting us in the playoff spot that night. All eyes would be on us
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#216 » by LyricalRico » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:49 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:
nate33 wrote:It's such a shame that the Wizards have been so undisciplined all year long. We see now that when they are focused, they can play pretty good ball. They're just way too lazy most of the time.

Yeah. They pissed away this season. They are so much better than Detroit and Chicago and Indy. They're just losers. They should have won ten more games than they have.

This team has been underachieving for the past three years, but this season takes the cake.

Ernie makes Ronald Reagan look like he's made out of velcro. I don't know wtf it's going to take for Ted to finally fire him. But if this year isn't as obvious an indictment of the leadership of this franchise, then I don't know what could be.

Does anyone know what Ernie's contract situation is?

Not sure I get this. The Wizards are "so much better" than their closest rivals, and they have "underachieved" for several years - two of which many agreed they were the better team in a second round playoff matchup. I would agree with all of that, and posit that we have a coaching problem more than we have a talent problem. Not firing the coach is still on Ernie and I'm not happy about that, but I don't think you can say this team is better than it's record only to then claim that the GM is 100% the problem.

(And for those that DON'T like the roster, I'm not talking to you. :D )
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant

Post#217 » by stevemcqueen1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:22 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Not sure I get this. The Wizards are "so much better" than their closest rivals, and they have "underachieved" for several years - two of which many agreed they were the better team in a second round playoff matchup. I would agree with all of that, and posit that we have a coaching problem more than we have a talent problem. Not firing the coach is still on Ernie and I'm not happy about that, but I don't think you can say this team is better than it's record only to then claim that the GM is 100% the problem.

(And for those that DON'T like the roster, I'm not talking to you. :D )

The team is way better than their record and the roster does have a lot of talent in a vacuum--more than almost any of the other teams in the East. The GM isn't 100% of the problem. But he's a huge problem. The first problem needing fixing. The GM does more than pick the players. He establishes the culture for the entire organization. When he's a lazy, underachieving bum, the team will be the same. The Wizards simply do not have a culture of excellence under Ernie's presidency. They've never had it with Ernie. Gun-gate happened on his watch. And they're never going to get it until he's replaced by a dynamic GM capable of installing and demanding a culture of excellence.
ozthegap
Senior
And1: 159

Re: RE: Re: Emergency thread: Wizards at Atlanta (3/21/16) 

Post#218 » by ozthegap » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:31 pm

nate33 wrote:
pineappleheadindc wrote:For the rest of this week (thru Saturday night), the Bulls aren't losing. They have one against Orlando and a home and home against the Knicks.

Chicago is the real problem though. We control our destiny with Detroit because we play them one more time. We need help to catch Chicago.

It's such a shame that the Wizards have been so undisciplined all year long. We see now that when they are focused, they can play pretty good ball. They're just way too lazy most of the time.

Yeah this is all Whittman's fault and he needs to be fired after the season no matter how they finish. As soon as Wall put pressure on them to finally change the defense we started winning. The only good thing about this season is that Wall seems to finally be wielding the power he has as the star player. He's finally becoming a leader.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#219 » by nate33 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:42 pm

ozthegap wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Yeah this is all Whittman's fault and he needs to be fired after the season no matter how they finish. As soon as Wall put pressure on them to finally change the defense we started winning. The only good thing about this season is that Wall seems to finally be wielding the power he has as the star player. He's finally becoming a leader.

I don't know how you can tell if this is Wittman or the players. I'm assuming Wittman instructs them to prepare and play hard every game. It's just that, for some reason, they don't seem to do so until the stakes are very high.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,003

Post#220 » by dckingsfan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:45 pm

nate33 wrote:
ozthegap wrote:
nate33 wrote:Chicago is the real problem though. We control our destiny with Detroit because we play them one more time. We need help to catch Chicago.

I don't know how you can tell if this is Wittman or the players. I'm assuming Wittman instructs them to prepare and play hard every game. It's just that, for some reason, they don't seem to do so until the stakes are very high.

Wittman was telling Wall all year long to ease up on that defensive pressure...

Return to Washington Wizards