Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 6

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 6 

Post#121 » by montestewart » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:52 pm

Ruzious wrote:I'm a fan of the 2 dumbest teams in the NBA. Milwaukee signs Miles Plumlee to 4/52. They had also singed Delladova for 4/38. These are good hustle players, but they're strictly backup types. Yes, the cap went up a lot, but that doesn't mean you spend well over 10% of it for each 15 minute a game player!

Juwan Howard $105 million over 7 years
Gilbert Arenas $111 million over 6 years
Plumlee/Dellavedova $90 million over 4 years
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#122 » by Dark Faze » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:23 pm

this whole cap thing has shown some awful foresight by the league office
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#123 » by tontoz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Thunder rescind the QO to Waiters..."don't let the door hit you on the way out."
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#124 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Trying to find a new home for Greg Monroe...what about to Charlotte for Hawes+Lamb? Milwaukee breaks up the contract into more manageable pieces, and adds a bit of outside shooting (assuming Lamb rebounds to his 3pt% from previous years). Charlotte gets a younger and bigger version of Al Jefferson, who they already know how to play with.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#125 » by fishercob » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:48 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Trying to find a new home for Greg Monroe...

Monroe to New Orleans
Rudy Gay and Ajinca to Milwaukee
Tyreke Evans to Sacramento
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#126 » by pcbothwel » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:32 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Trying to find a new home for Greg Monroe...what about to Charlotte for Hawes+Lamb? Milwaukee breaks up the contract into more manageable pieces, and adds a bit of outside shooting (assuming rebounds to his 3pt% from previous years). Charlotte gets a younger and bigger version of Al Jefferson, who they already know how to play with.

Interesting. Im still shocked the Knicks didn't bite. Monroe can be a very productive player, but he really thrives with another big that can block shots and spread the floor. Porzingis would have been perfect, but oh well.

Denver could send Chandler and one of their young backup bigs.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#127 » by montestewart » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:14 pm

fishercob wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:Trying to find a new home for Greg Monroe...

Monroe to New Orleans
Rudy Gay and Ajinca to Milwaukee
Tyreke Evans to Sacramento

EG dodging three bullets at once
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#128 » by closg00 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:32 pm

Tyler Zeller - 2 years 8 million, the 2nd year being a team-option. Sounds about right when you compare the mind-boggling 3-year 15 million dollar deal we gave Smith, all guaranteed. My hatred of EG is starting to rise again :)
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#129 » by payitforward » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:09 am

Is it confirmed that Smith's deal is guaranteed all 3 years?

If so, Ernie just made Jason Smith think his agent is a genius! I am not sure he would have found even a 1-year veteran minimum deal anywhere else in the league.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#130 » by AFM » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:59 am

payitforward wrote:Is it confirmed that Smith's deal is guaranteed all 3 years?

If so, Ernie just made Jason Smith think his agent is a genius! I am not sure he would have found even a 1-year veteran minimum deal anywhere else in the league.

Looks like player option for 3rd year. Which hell undoubtedly take of course. He's not going to get a 5M/yr contract at age 33.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#131 » by payitforward » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:26 am

pathos...
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#132 » by closg00 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:22 am

closg00 wrote:DP
fishercob
RealGM

Post#133 » by fishercob » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:36 pm

closg00 wrote:

Paging AFM...
— Steve Martin
AFM
General Manager

Post#134 » by AFM » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:47 pm

fishercob wrote:
closg00 wrote:

Paging AFM...

Don't be disgusting.

I told TGW in a PM that I'm a reformed individual. When he called me a clown, it hurt, and made me reflect on myself, and how I portray myself in public settings. This is the new, serious AFM.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#135 » by fishercob » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:50 pm

AFM wrote:
fishercob wrote:
closg00 wrote:

Paging AFM...

Don't be disgusting.

I told TGW in a PM that I'm a reformed individual. When he called me a clown, it hurt, and made me reflect on myself, and how I portray myself in public settings. This is the new, serious AFM.

— Steve Martin
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#136 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:39 pm

Wow, Waiters waited out free agency and now is betting on himself with essentially a 1 year, $2.9M deal. Depending on how much Bosh plays, Waiters could chuck his way into a decent sized deal somewhere next summer.

Then again, that's what JR Smith has been trying to do and he still hasn't been able to cash in. It's gotta be killing him that Cleveland ponied up $40M for Shumpert last year but they've left Smith twisting in the wind so far this summer. Shoot, freaking Delly turned a reserve role on a title team into almost the same this summer, but Smith can't seem to get that kind of buzz even though he was a key player and a starter.

Another guy that historically had the same issue was Jamal Crawford, but of course that was under the old cap. He finally did get paid this summer to stay with LAC. Let's see if this pays off for Waiters.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#137 » by TGW » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:11 pm

AFM wrote:
fishercob wrote:
closg00 wrote:

Paging AFM...

Don't be disgusting.

there ya go. no hard feelings dude :lol:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#138 » by tontoz » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Strange that KD didn't tell Westbrook about signing with GS, and hasn't spoken to him since.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
payitforward
RealGM

Post#139 » by payitforward » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:49 pm

AFM wrote:...I told TGW in a PM that I'm a reformed individual. When he called me a clown, it hurt, and made me reflect on myself, and how I portray myself in public settings. This is the new, serious AFM.

Does this indicate that you'll start showing some sympathy for the way I'm made to suffer repeatedly? I'd reflect on myself too, but my mirror is broken.

Not everyone has multiple engineering degrees and a pleasing personality.

In my case... is it my fault that my fingertips made a deal with the keyboard that makes me look like some kind of numbers nut when the truth is that I can't even take the square root of an n-digit polynomial without using my thumbs, toes, ears & nose? Huh? Well, is it?
AFM
General Manager

Post#140 » by AFM » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:10 pm

payitforward wrote:
AFM wrote:...I told TGW in a PM that I'm a reformed individual. When he called me a clown, it hurt, and made me reflect on myself, and how I portray myself in public settings. This is the new, serious AFM.

Does this indicate that you'll start showing some sympathy for the way I'm made to suffer repeatedly? I'd reflect on myself too, but my mirror is broken.

Not everyone has multiple engineering degrees and a pleasing personality.

In my case... is it my fault that my fingertips made a deal with the keyboard that makes me look like some kind of numbers nut when the truth is that I can't even take the square root of an n-digit polynomial without using my thumbs, toes, ears & nose? Huh? Well, is it?

Yes and not all of us helped Al Gore invent the internet in 1991, had Zuckerberg steal the idea for Facebook from them, and have...watched men being blown in the bushes and think that they're flying? I forget how you put it.

Return to Washington Wizards