11/19/16--Heat vs Wizards 7 PM

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Re: 11/19/16--Heat vs Wizards 7 PM 

Post#121 » by pineappleheadindc » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:34 am

80sballboy wrote:They should give everybody in attendance three free chicken coupons just for attending this dreck.

Yes!
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#122 » by montestewart » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:34 am

80sballboy wrote:They should give everybody in attendance three free chicken coupons just for attending this dreck.

How about some duck soup?
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#123 » by WallToWall » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:47 am

this one is a bit hard to digest. We got good scoring from our guards and nothing inside...forwards and center was the suck. Matador defense from our guards and our bigs were just getting bossed around. As bad as we were playing, this one was winnable.

Glad Beal and Wall went off today, and Sato had some good plays. Hope they keep it up.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,044

Post#124 » by queridiculo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:48 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:The problem with Beal's shooting is that he can't shoot.

Looks pretty when it doesn't go in though.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#125 » by TGW » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:54 am

Beal needs more games like this so he can up his trade value.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#126 » by deneem4 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:08 am

This games shows how important morris is
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#127 » by payitforward » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:09 am

Pathos.

And Ted, sitting at the sidelines taking it in, can't understand why this is happening.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#128 » by montestewart » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:18 am

TGW wrote:Beal needs more games like this so he can up his trade value.

Terd n Ernie only want to trade a player when he sucks and no one wants him. As soon as he ups his trade value and other teams show any interest, Terd n Ernie say, "Hey, looks like we got ourselves a keeper," and the trade deadline will pass, and the player will suck again, then he'll get injured, then Terd n Ernie will say, "It's tough to compete against the unpredictability of injuries," that always seem to happen to the same player who sucks even when he's not injured, except for one brief shining moment when he upped his trade value and they decided they had a keeper. Hamster wheel, I tell you, hamster wheel!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#129 » by montestewart » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:19 am

payitforward wrote:Pathos.

And Ted, sitting at the sidelines taking it in, can't understand why this is happening.

Why do bad things happen to bland people?
WizKid25
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#130 » by WizKid25 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:30 am

Scott Brooks sucks a$$
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#131 » by payitforward » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:46 am

Note that Ernie's carefully crafted bench from this off season got:

Nicholson - 6 minutes
Smith - 10 minutes
Burke - 0 minutes

Note that we don't have a rookie out of R1 this year. A lottery rookie. Note too that we don't have a R2 rookie from this year either.

Note that Kelly Oubre, the 2015 rookie he moved up to pick (costing that R2 rookie from this year), still looks to be as raw as a steak in the case (tho, he's still very young too). Also note the absence of a R2 rookie from 2015 -- pick thrown away in one of Ernie's band-aid moves.

Note that we are forced to rely on a veteran minimum shooting guard, by definition a negligible player on virtually any team, for 23 minutes a game.

Note that we don't have one of Draymond Green, or Jae Crowder, or Will Barton, or Kris Middleton -- we have Tomas Satoransky and our fingers crossed that he develops.

Note that we don't have Kyle O'Quinn at backup Center. Instead we have... nothing from a trade w/ New Orleans that cost assets (including a low-ish R2 pick where I'd have grabbed KO) along with $$ and netted us zero.

Note that we don't have Jordan Clarkson to bring in at the 2. Instead we have a small amount of cash (less than a month of Ian Mahinmi's salary), because we gave the pick away.

Note that we don't have Kawhi Leonard, or Kenneth Faried, or Nikola Vucevic, or Tobias Harris, or Klay Thompson, or Bismack Biyombo, or Kemba Walker, or Cory Joseph, or Reggie Jackson, or Jimmy Butler -- 2 of whom should be Wizards. Instead we have nothing. From that same season of outstanding work, out of R2 we also don't have one of Chandler Parsons, or John Leuer, or Davis Bertans, or Lavoy Allen, or E'Twaun Moore, or Isaiah Thomas. H#ll, we don't even have the guy we picked, Shelvin Mack, who's playing 20 minutes a game for a better team than the Wizards. Playing better, too, than any PG we have other than Wall.

Note that we also let walk a guy who in retrospect is one of our 5-6 best picks in 7 years (out of almost 20 that we had at one time or another): Trevor Booker.

What a mess. No wonder Ted LeNonsense sees us so unlucky and doesn't understand why! Unlucky to have Ernie at GM and Ted as our owner.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#132 » by keynote » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:05 am

Read on Twitter
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,373

Post#133 » by Jimmy Recard » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:41 am

keynote wrote:
Read on Twitter

You should listen to one of Zach's recent podcasts where he talks about the wiz management with ESPN's David Thorpe. Was shaking my head the whole time listening to it:

Thorpe:

As much as I talk about coaching, obviously players make a huge difference but so does management, and that's where culture starts. There's a saying that goes 'culture eats strategy for breakfast'....and they've got an assistant GM in Tommy Shepard who's the definition of that, he's just the most positive, hard working guy. Absolutely the kind of guy you want as a figurehead but he's not, he's the number 2 behind Ernie Grunfeld who I don't see as that. I've wondered for years how Ernie has kept his job, I'm a hundred percent sure he's not going to keep his job if things don't change because they're not gonna change coaches, I'm sure of that. But they've gotta change something and I worry for them that a guy like Tommy will make a great GM somewhere and it won't be in Washington.
mictic
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#134 » by mictic » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:20 pm

So our starting 4 played only 9 minutes last night due to injury, and still our backup bigs only managed to play a combined 16 minutes (8 pts, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 4 fouls)! Good job upgrading the bench EG.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#135 » by tontoz » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:32 pm

Wall's playmaking display in the 1st quarter might be the best i have ever seen from him. Frequently he has struggled in November, including last year, but he has really gotten off to a fast start. Too bad it will be wasted on a mediocre team.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,668

Post#136 » by penbeast0 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Reporting from Miami, the Heat fans here seem down too but it was more, "Why aren't we killing them, it's the friggin Wizards," than a genuine lack of long term hope
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#137 » by bsilver » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:29 pm

montestewart wrote:
Induveca wrote:Can't believe we locked in Cal Cheaney 2.0 to a max contract.

Also love how Buckhantz described Dragic as being from "Yugoslavia". Moron.

I expect Wall to demand a trade sooner rather than later.

When Dragic was born, Slovenia was part of Yugoslavia, so technically Buckhantz is correct.

Depends on the definition of "from", but since Buckhantz frequently annoys me, will side with Indu.
Anyway, reminds me of an old joke - 10 year old Bobby is riding in back of family car and pipes up, "where did I come from". Parents, with great trepidation, bravely start out, "when a man and a woman love each other....." 5 minutes later parents are done. Bobby says, "that was interesting, but Billy said he was from Chicago, and I wondered where I was from".
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#138 » by Dark Faze » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:58 pm

Couldn't disagree more with Lowe about Shepard. The best case scenario is he's potentially an extremely good GM that couldn't convince Ernie to make good moves as his second hand man and didn't have the will to seek a position elsewhere.

The worst and likely scenario is his input has led to a lot of the **** moves we've already seen. I'm sure he disagreed some of the time, but not enough of the time, otherwise he would have looked for work elsewhere or Ernie would have gotten tired of him.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#139 » by montestewart » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:59 pm

bsilver wrote:
montestewart wrote:
Induveca wrote:Can't believe we locked in Cal Cheaney 2.0 to a max contract.

Also love how Buckhantz described Dragic as being from "Yugoslavia". Moron.

I expect Wall to demand a trade sooner rather than later.

When Dragic was born, Slovenia was part of Yugoslavia, so technically Buckhantz is correct.

Depends on the definition of "from", but since Buckhantz frequently annoys me, will side with Indu.

Dagger!

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#140 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:01 am

tontoz wrote:Wall's playmaking display in the 1st quarter might be the best i have ever seen from him. Frequently he has struggled in November, including last year, but he has really gotten off to a fast start. Too bad it will be wasted on a mediocre team.

On this we agree.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards