ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Jason "GOAT" Smith Appreciation Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Re: The Official Jason "GOAT" Smith Appreciation Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Post#81 » by Dark Faze » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:01 pm

dat mid range
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#82 » by AFM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:51 am

AFM
General Manager

Post#83 » by AFM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:52 am

DAT FEETWORK!
AFM
General Manager

Post#84 » by AFM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:58 am

Move from 0:37-0:41 is literally god boss ass muthaphukka status. Imagine dropping that in the club. You would get every girl's number, and probably sleep with them all.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#85 » by Tricky_Kid » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:59 am

Millie would be proud and say props to our great GM who proved everyones wrong - or sonething like that lol

JS shouldn't be a bench player he is clearly better now that Kieff

Sent from my HUAWEI CAM-L21 using RealGM mobile app
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#86 » by tontoz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:53 pm

How in the hell did this thread drop to page 2?! AFM must be getting too caught up in his sexual perversions.

Since the AS break Smith is taking over 5 treys per 36 minutes shooting 51%.

:bowdown:
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#87 » by montestewart » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:12 pm

tontoz wrote:How in the hell did this thread drop to page 2?! AFM must be getting too caught up in his sexual perversions.

Since the AS break Smith is taking over 5 treys per 36 minutes shooting 51%.

:bowdown:

I say we keep letting it drop to page two and tweet the Jazzy Nutcracker about it. He plays best with a chip on his shoulder and a spike on his knee.
AFM
General Manager

Post#88 » by AFM » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:56 pm

If Marcin Gortat is having foursomes, is Jason "10 times better at basketball" Smith da Gawd having fortysomes? He's spreading his seed from sea to shining sea like Johnny Appleseed! What a patriot!!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#89 » by montestewart » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:49 pm

AFM wrote:If Marcin Gortat is having foursomes, is Jason "10 times better at basketball" Smith da Gawd having fortysomes? He's spreading his seed from sea to shining sea like Johnny Appleseed! What a patriot!!

Jazzy Jizzy Jason Smitty
Got a kid in every city
Every night the cats come callin'
And into the next game he's still ballin'

skip a beat

Pine's groaning response
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,346

Post#90 » by nate33 » Fri Apr 7, 2017 12:07 am

After watching Jason Smith bounce like a pogo stick in the 1st quarter of the Knicks game, I decided to check the Draft Express stats on his vertical leap.

Jason Smith has a no-step vertical leap of 33.5"! The only 1st round pick in the DX database who is 6-10 (no shoes) or taller with a better vertical leap is Miles Plumlee (34"). Smith literally is the 2nd best leaping big man in the NBA in the past 15 years or so.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Post#91 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Apr 7, 2017 5:25 pm

nate33 wrote:After watching Jason Smith bounce like a pogo stick in the 1st quarter of the Knicks game, I decided to check the Draft Express stats on his vertical leap.

Jason Smith has a no-step vertical leap of 33.5"! The only 1st round pick in the DX database who is 6-10 (no shoes) or taller with a better vertical leap is Miles Plumlee (34"). Smith literally is the 2nd best leaping big man in the NBA in the past 15 years or so.

:nod:
I clearly have too much time on my hands
:wink:
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#92 » by closg00 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:09 pm

Smith has escaped scrutiny during the playoffs, he'd rather hack than get scored on. I really wish we had options on his final two years.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#93 » by pcbothwel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:47 pm

closg00 wrote:Smith has escaped scrutiny during the playoffs, he'd rather hack than get scored on. I really wish we had options on his final two years.

Im fine with his contract. But its crazy to think how much better he would be with a little more reach and IQ. He is big, very mobile/athletic, and is a great shooter. To top it off, he really does hustle his ass off... but he seems so unaware of team defense/offense
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,346

Post#94 » by nate33 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:35 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
closg00 wrote:Smith has escaped scrutiny during the playoffs, he'd rather hack than get scored on. I really wish we had options on his final two years.

Im fine with his contract. But its crazy to think how much better he would be with a little more reach and IQ. He is big, very mobile/athletic, and is a great shooter. To top it off, he really does hustle his ass off... but he seems so unaware of team defense/offense

Agreed. His contract is fine. There's nothing wrong with paying 5% of the cap for a viable, rotation-caliber bench big.

On the season, he averaged 14 points, 9 boards and 2 blocks per 36 minutes with a TS% of .598, a 3P% of .474 and an ORtg of 110. He's not a good defender, but at least he hustles and is willing to foul rather than give up easy buckets. His on/off differential on the season was -4.4 which isn't horrible. His on/off differential when alongside players not named Trey Burke was pretty close to breakeven.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#95 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:01 pm

He really sucked last night.

#afmwearsamanbun
In Rizzo we trust
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#96 » by queridiculo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:44 am

For all of Smith's physical gifts he's just too clumsy to put them to use effectively.

When I see him on the floor he reminds me of an over enthusiastic puppy that just bumps into everything.

He doesn't move his feet well enough to defend Millsap, and I don't think he's got the leverage to defend Howard in the post.

Ideally he'd see only see the floor alongside Mahinmi but him playing any time soon is probably a long shot.

Smith somehow manages to cover the entire spectrum between sucks and good, and he's probably Grunfeld's best offseason pickup.

That's how dire the situation in Washington is..
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#97 » by I_Like_Dirt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:43 pm

You think it's easy to average 12 fouls per 100 possessions in the playoffs? If it's so easy, how come only 50 other players in recorded NBA history have ever done it (once you filter out the small sample sizes and require 18 or more PFs and 70 or more MP)? And only 44 more players in NBA history have ever averaged more PFs per 36 minutes given the same criteria? Jason Smith is on the verge of a record breaking achievements, and though he may fall a bit short, his efforts are nonetheless remarkable. I mean, using those limited criteria, the Wizards haven't seen such a prolific fouler per 100 possessions since Darius Songaila, and per 36 minutes, he actually surpasses Songaila! All time team playoff records and people are complaining. :nonono:
Bucket! Bucket!
AFM
General Manager

Post#98 » by AFM » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:30 pm

Every team needs a fouling machine, that the other team is dead scare of. No one wants to drive in the paint against The White Walker. He's a goon, and he's out for blood.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#99 » by I_Like_Dirt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:36 pm

AFM wrote:Every team needs a fouling machine, that the other team is dead scare of. No one wants to drive in the paint against The White Walker. He's a goon, and he's out for blood.

Plus, he's clearly outperformed Kevin Durant so far in half of the playoff games each has played. Smith = Kevin Durant + Westbrook's dance moves? How could it not be so?
Bucket! Bucket!

Return to Washington Wizards