89%

Total votes: 9

pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Official Thread - Wiz vs Cs (1/11/17) 

Post#1 » by pineappleheadindc » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:02 am

8:00 p.m. start with both teams on a tail end of a back-to-back.

Wall had to play some unnecessarily hard minutes last night. Let's see how much left he has in the tank.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Re: Official Thread - Wiz vs Cs (1/11/17) 

Post#2 » by Meliorus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:48 pm

Gortat needs to feast on the boards. Celtics are one of those teams with no centers.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm

For better or (more likely) worse, Brooks has to give a lot more minutes to the bench tonight - considering the schedule and how many minutes the starters have played. Outside of Horford, Bahston's lacking a consistent quality big, imo - I think Amir is heading downhill. I'd go to Morris early and see if he can take advantage.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,332

Post#4 » by dobrojim » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:22 pm

IT has got to be the biggest concern. Wall has had a lot of difficulty with him in the past.
He's a tough matchup and I don't think our typical strategy of having Wall trail him around
picks will be effective unless the wiz guarding the screener steps out and sets a hard trap.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#5 » by keynote » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Can't win 'em all.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#6 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Will win this one.
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,152

Post#7 » by AFM » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 pm

That's right, boss. John Wall with a 40/15/8 game. Jason Smith with the game winner put back. Calling it now.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:42 pm

AFM wrote:That's right, boss. John Wall with a 40/15/8 game. Jason Smith with the game winner put back. Calling it now.

The only put back he's getting is when they put back the hair on his famous bald spot. :nod:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#9 » by stevemcqueen1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:36 pm

I heard he got that thing because he hit his head on the rim so much it rubbed the hair off.
Meliorus
Analyst

Post#10 » by Meliorus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Ruzious wrote:For better or (more likely) worse, Brooks has to give a lot more minutes to the bench tonight - considering the schedule and how many minutes the starters have played. Outside of Horford, Bahston's lacking a consistent quality big, imo - I think Amir is heading downhill. I'd go to Morris early and see if he can take advantage.

Nah, we don't have a game until Saturday. Brooks ALWAYS plays the starters heavy minutes when there's multiple days of rest following the game. Expecting at least 40 for Gortat and Wall.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:09 pm

Meliorus wrote:
Ruzious wrote:For better or (more likely) worse, Brooks has to give a lot more minutes to the bench tonight - considering the schedule and how many minutes the starters have played. Outside of Horford, Bahston's lacking a consistent quality big, imo - I think Amir is heading downhill. I'd go to Morris early and see if he can take advantage.

Nah, we don't have a game until Saturday. Brooks ALWAYS plays the starters heavy minutes when there's multiple days of rest following the game. Expecting at least 40 for Gortat and Wall.

Wow, they'll get 2 whole days off. This will make 3 games in 4 days and 4 games in 6 days. Brooks would be short-sighted to play the starters heavy minutes tonight, imo.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#12 » by ducler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:10 pm

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#13 » by montestewart » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:40 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Meliorus wrote:

Wow, they'll get 2 whole days off. This will make 3 games in 4 days and 4 games in 6 days. Brooks would be short-sighted to play the starters heavy minutes tonight, imo.

He doesn't have to play the starters heavy minutes. Any average coach could utilize Burke, McClellan, Satoransky, Oubre and Smith to offset the reduced starter minutes. EG gave Brooks the players. Now it's up to Brooks to use them correctly. This is a win, or it's on Brooks. I love this new tangent.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#14 » by tontoz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Meliorus wrote:Gortat needs to feast on the boards. Celtics are one of those teams with no centers.

Horford made the All-Star game as a center.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Meliorus
Analyst

Post#15 » by Meliorus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:07 pm

montestewart wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Meliorus wrote:

He doesn't have to play the starters heavy minutes. Any average coach could utilize Burke, McClellan, Satoransky, Oubre and Smith to offset the reduced starter minutes. EG gave Brooks the players. Now it's up to Brooks to use them correctly. This is a win, or it's on Brooks. I love this new tangent.

I think my post gave the wrong impression. I like it when Brooks overplays the starters, cause it's the only way we stay competitive. The biggest **** you to Ernie would be playing the starters 40 minutes over and over.
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#16 » by pineappleheadindc » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Let's go Wizards!!

:nod:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"

- Yoda
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#17 » by montestewart » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Meliorus wrote:
montestewart wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Wow, they'll get 2 whole days off. This will make 3 games in 4 days and 4 games in 6 days. Brooks would be short-sighted to play the starters heavy minutes tonight, imo.

I think my post gave the wrong impression. I like it when Brooks overplays the starters, cause it's the only way we stay competitive. The biggest **** you to Ernie would be playing the starters 40 minutes over and over.

No, just commenting on the championship caliber but poorly utilized bench. EJ used to play his starters a lot too, despite having championship caliber bench of Etan, Songaila, Arvis, Blatchmo, ADK, etc. Jordan just didn't know how to utilize their talents, and they were nothing compared to the current Wizards bench. Used properly the current bench should put us into contender status. EG did his job. Brooks needs to do his job, properly using the bench.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#18 » by tontoz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:42 pm

montestewart wrote:
Meliorus wrote:
montestewart wrote:He doesn't have to play the starters heavy minutes. Any average coach could utilize Burke, McClellan, Satoransky, Oubre and Smith to offset the reduced starter minutes. EG gave Brooks the players. Now it's up to Brooks to use them correctly. This is a win, or it's on Brooks. I love this new tangent.

No, just commenting on the championship caliber but poorly utilized bench. EJ used to play his starters a lot too, despite having championship caliber bench of Etan, Songaila, Arvis, Blatchmo, ADK, etc. Jordan just didn't know how to utilize their talents, and they were nothing compared to the current Wizards bench. Used properly the current bench should put us into contender status. EG did his job. Brooks needs to do his job, properly using the bench.

Last game Brooks really dropped the ball playing Jason Smith at the 4 instead of the 5, where he is soooooo much more effective.

Gortat played only 42 minutes last night so that left a full 6 minutes that Brooks could have used Smith at center. Not fully utilizing Smith for those 6 minutes was just inexcusable.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:47 pm

montestewart wrote:
Meliorus wrote:
montestewart wrote:He doesn't have to play the starters heavy minutes. Any average coach could utilize Burke, McClellan, Satoransky, Oubre and Smith to offset the reduced starter minutes. EG gave Brooks the players. Now it's up to Brooks to use them correctly. This is a win, or it's on Brooks. I love this new tangent.

Spider sarcasm senses tingling, Batman. Holy glue-guys.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,152

Post#20 » by AFM » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 pm

What time is the game? I don't have google

This one is for Tricky_Kid...

Return to Washington Wizards