Representing the most powerful city in the world
11%
The chowdah heads
89%

Total votes: 9

80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Re: Official Thread - Wiz vs Cs (1/11/17) 

Post#281 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:36 am

Doug_Blew wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
80sballboy wrote:All I know is that we're 1-7 on back ends of a back-to-back. That goes back to the shi-tty bench.

You cannot be serious! Lol. You people just told me I have an agenda and then you say this? LOL what a joke. Yes you might be right, the bench is to blame for the starters being tired, but JOHN WALL CLEARLY COST US THE GAME AND YOU ARE BLAMIG ERNIE GRUNFELD IN THE POSTGAME THREAD. Do you not see the cognitive dissonance?

I was thinking the same thing. Our lack of bench cost us the game. John Wall has to be tired from carrying the team too many nights. Blaming John Wall for this loss on a back-to-back on the road when the rest of the team could not shoot in the seoond half is beyond absurd.

You are very confused. I didn't blame Ernie Grunfeld in the postgame thread. Oh, wait. Who put the bench together?
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,315

Post#282 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:38 am

NatP4 wrote:
payitforward wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Him having an agenda and me stating the obvious fact that John Wall cost us the game?

He did? Why John Wall? Why not Markieff Morris? Why not Morris plus Burke? Why not Morris plus Burke plus Andrew Nicholson who isn't good enough to play so can't contribute?

Why not those 3 guys plus not having one of the obviously good players available high in the 2012 R2, say Jae Crowder, whom Ernie passed on to take Satoransky?

Why not those 4 guys & the fact that we don't have the two good players out of R1 in 2011 whom we should have (say Kawhi Leonard & either Kenneth Faried or Tobias Harris)?

Why not those 6 guys & the fact that we don't even have Shelvin Mack!

Why not those 7 guys & the fact that we gave away Trevor Booker for nothing?

Why not those 8 guys & the fact that we have Markieff Morris instead of, say, Denzel Valentine?

Why not those 9 guys, plus 1 or more of the many available good backup bigs who were FAs last off season?

Why instead of all that, which seems kind of obvious, do you prefer to pick on John Wall? Yeah, he had a bad game tonight. If he'd had a terrific game we might have won, sure. Wouldn't it be nice to have a squad of players that might have won tonight without John Wall? But we don't.

& we all know why we don't; why we have the players we do have. Because Ernie Grunfeld thought they were better than guys who, unfortunately, were actually way better than the guys he preferred.

In other words, we lost tonight because we played a team that's better than the Wizards, and we played them on their home court. They are better than us, because they have better players -- chosen by a better GM. Duh.

Haha this is a joke

You're right! How could I be so naive! We lost because of Satoransky! I can't believe he decided to get sick tonight!
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#283 » by AFM » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:41 am

Nat, don't worry about PIF, he's a known troll.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#284 » by Dat2U » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:42 am

I think it's clear Wall didn't attack the paint against a undersized front line because his pinkie and wrist were bothering him. I wish he would have stopped jacking the jumpers at some point though.

Morris was just horrible. He's really the Wizards player I dislike the most because the talent is there but 80% of the time he just half-asses it. Ever since his brother got traded from Phx he's been a complete dog. He has no business throwing up 21 shots. He never makes the 2nd effort or extra rotation on defense. I wish we would dump him with his fugazi toughness he attempts to portray.
Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Post#285 » by Meliorus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:54 am

I'm totally on board with RPM. Makes Wall, Beal, and Otto look real good and Isaiah look terrible. I believe in it.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#286 » by Dat2U » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:55 am

NatP4 wrote:
80sballboy wrote:All I know is that we're 1-7 on back ends of a back-to-back. That goes back to the shi-tty bench.

You cannot be serious! Lol. You people just told me I have an agenda and then you say this? LOL what a joke. Yes you might be right, the bench is to blame for the starters being tired, but JOHN WALL CLEARLY COST US THE GAME AND YOU ARE BLAMIG ERNIE GRUNFELD IN THE POSTGAME THREAD. Do you not see the cognitive dissonance?

It's never the bench for you. It's either always the coach or a particular starter. So who has the real agenda here? We have 11 guys on the roster that continually give us little to nothing, but its always Brooks or one specific player's fault. You fail to realize how nonsensical you sound the majority of the time.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#287 » by Dat2U » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:03 am

Meliorus wrote:I'm totally on board with RPM. Makes Wall, Beal, and Otto look real good and Isaiah look terrible. I believe in it.

RPM doesn't make Isaiah Thomas look terrible. In fact Isaiah Thomas is the 8th best offensive player in league according to ORPM. Only Harden, Westbrook, Lowry, Paul, Butler, Curry & James are rated higher. Wall is #14. Beal is #22. Porter is #35. Unfortunately, Thomas is rated #437 on defense, dead last in the entire league by a significant margin. This makes Thomas a very good but flawed player. If not for his defense, he'd be elite.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#288 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:04 am

Dat2U wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

It's never the bench for you. It's either always the coach or a particular starter. So who has the real agenda here? We have 11 guys on the roster that continually give us little to nothing, but its always Brooks or one specific player's fault. You fail to realize how nonsensical you sound the majority of the time.

How do you guys not realize how ridiculous this is, I criticize Wall for half-assing the game and being selfish and costing the team the game and you guys say I have an agenda for not criticizing the bench after this loss lol. What a joke

And for the record, McClellan kept us in the game during a stretch, the people that sound nonsensical are the ones who defended Marcus Thornton playing.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#289 » by montestewart » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:04 am

NatP4 wrote:

This is the game thread. Postgame thread is invitation only, but they give them out like candy. They give agendas for the post game thread out like candy too. Lots of candy.

We lost this game because Tricky_Kid was DNP. Hope you make it back soon Tricky. We need you!
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#290 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:08 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Will win this one.

OR, not.... :oops:
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#291 » by montestewart » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:10 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

Heh, Isaiah vs. Wall, again!
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#292 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:21 am

montestewart wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

Heh, Isaiah vs. Wall, again!

Per usual.

(Been meaning to send you a Hawaii calendar ... January is well into itself. :oops: )
Bye bye Beal.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#293 » by Dat2U » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:20 am

NatP4 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

How do you guys not realize how ridiculous this is, I criticize Wall for half-assing the game and being selfish and costing the team the game and you guys say I have an agenda for not criticizing the bench after this loss lol. What a joke

And for the record, McClellan kept us in the game during a stretch, the people that sound nonsensical are the ones who defended Marcus Thornton playing.

1. McClellan never kept us in the game. He was -13 in 16 minutes. He had a nice few plays but as usual you like to overstate things to validate your point.

2. You never address the fact that this is a basketball TEAM! A team consists of 15 players. A coach has to play at minimum 9-10 players a night. You always ignore the fact we ONLY have 4 guys that generally don't stink up the joint every night. Yet you love to scapegoat one of those 4 players or a coach that has to play someone you don't like as if we could run a lineup featuring Kelly Oubre 48 minutes a night.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#294 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:36 am

Dat2U wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

1. McClellan never kept us in the game. He was -13 in 16 minutes. He had a nice few plays but as usual you like to overstate things to validate your point.

2. You never address the fact that this is a basketball TEAM! A team consists of 15 players. A coach has to play at minimum 9-10 players a night. You always ignore the fact we ONLY have 4 guys that generally don't stink up the joint every night. Yet you love to scapegoat one of those 4 players or a coach that has to play someone you don't like as if we could run a lineup featuring Kelly Oubre 48 minutes a night.

Keep making excuses man. "It's a team" LOL

No one else half assed it tonight
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#295 » by montestewart » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:43 am

I think it really is Ace Degenerate. It's too distinctive a style to be a coincidence.

I wonder if WTA will sneak back on under a new moniker. Keep an eye out for Panera references.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#296 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:53 am

montestewart wrote:I think it really is Ace Degenerate. It's too distinctive a style to be a coincidence.

I wonder if WTA will sneak back on under a new moniker. Keep an eye out for Panera references.

You're delusional if you defend Wall after an effort like that and claim that people who criticize him are pushing agenda
Mickstix
Junior
And1: 27

Post#297 » by Mickstix » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:00 am

So, what's the over/under on Wall missing games? I didn't see it, but Im reading (different forum/non official) about needing x-rays on left and busted pinky finger on right? Just over reaction or serious? :o
Mick
dangermouse
Lead Assistant
And1: 814

Post#298 » by dangermouse » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:42 am

Mickstix wrote:So, what's the over/under on Wall missing games? I didn't see it, but Im reading (different forum/non official) about needing x-rays on left and busted pinky finger on right? Just over reaction or serious? :o

Bro dont
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
NatP4 wrote:but why would the pacers want Mahinmi's contract

Well, in fairness, we took Mike Pence off their hands. Taking back Mahinmi is the least they can do.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#299 » by BigA » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 am

montestewart wrote:I think it really is Ace Degenerate. It's too distinctive a style to be a coincidence.

When did WTA get banned? Totally missed that. Will miss his outrage at Dupont Circle snowball fights.
Mickstix
Junior
And1: 27

Post#300 » by Mickstix » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:09 am

dangermouse wrote:
Mickstix wrote:So, what's the over/under on Wall missing games? I didn't see it, but Im reading (different forum/non official) about needing x-rays on left and busted pinky finger on right? Just over reaction or serious? :o

Bro dont

LoL.. just curious.. Love the hat pic btw! :wink:
Mick

Return to Washington Wizards