Representing the most powerful city in the world
11%
The chowdah heads
89%

Total votes: 9

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Re: Official Thread - Wiz vs Cs (1/11/17) 

Post#301 » by tontoz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:11 pm

NatP4 wrote:
Probably not Morris and Wall shooting a combined 10-42

Who won Player of the Month in the east last month?
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
tontoz
RealGM

Post#302 » by tontoz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Mickstix wrote:So, what's the over/under on Wall missing games? I didn't see it, but Im reading (different forum/non official) about needing x-rays on left and busted pinky finger on right? Just over reaction or serious? :o

Word is he will be out two weeks
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#303 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:42 pm

tontoz wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

You're right! So he should be allowed to stand flat footed on defense and not even put a hand up on shooters or ever rotate over to run at wide open shooters or even run back on defense on plays where his man crashes the offensive glass for an easy outnumbered putback, nevermind shooting the team out of the game then continuing to jack up horrible shots because you're not content with the team winning if you're only finishing with 7 points. Franchise player, team leader. You guys are hilarious, keep the excuses coming. On bullets forever I saw people saying "why is Wall expected to stop IT, he's 5'8" same people who kill Otto Porter for not stopping lebron or Paul George. If there's one thing I know, it's that this fanbase will forever make excuses for John Wall and call you a hater for criticizing him.

It's not about having a bad game, it's about not giving any effort at all and playing selfishly. Forget the scuffle at the end that probably gets him suspended and is yet another dumb move by John Wall.

Errrrrrrisifjekdkd "I don't blame him, someone needed to step up to crowder"
tontoz
RealGM

Post#304 » by tontoz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:53 pm

NatP4 wrote:
tontoz wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

You're right! So he should be allowed to stand flat footed on defense and not even put a hand up on shooters or ever rotate over to run at wide open shooters or even run back on defense on plays where his man crashes the offensive glass for an easy outnumbered putback, nevermind shooting the team out of the game then continuing to jack up horrible shots because you're not content with the team winning if you're only finishing with 7 points. Franchise player, team leader. You guys are hilarious, keep the excuses coming. On bullets forever I saw people saying "why is Wall expected to stop IT, he's 5'8" same people who kill Otto Porter for not stopping lebron or Paul George. If there's one thing I know, it's that this fanbase will forever make excuses for John Wall and call you a hater for criticizing him.

It's not about having a bad game, it's about not giving any effort at all and playing selfishly. Forget the scuffle at the end that probably gets him suspended and is yet another dumb move by John Wall.

Actually it is just a bad game on the 2nd night of a back to back playing injured. As badly as Wall struggled with his shot they were only -3 with Wall on the floor. Maybe it was because of his 7 rebounds, 10 assists and 3 steals.

I understand though. It must be really frustrating for you not to be able to blame Thornton.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#305 » by montestewart » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:56 pm

BigA wrote:
montestewart wrote:I think it really is Ace Degenerate. It's too distinctive a style to be a coincidence.

I wonder if WTA will sneak back on under a new moniker. Keep an eye out for Panera references.

When did WTA get banned? Totally missed that. Will miss his outrage at Dupont Circle snowball fights.

He's not banned, just MIA. Seems like returning under an alias might be in his ballpark.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#306 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:04 pm

tontoz wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
tontoz wrote:

Actually it is just a bad game on the 2nd night of a back to back playing injured. As badly as Wall struggled with his shot they were only -3 with Wall on the floor. Maybe it was because of his 7 rebounds, 10 assists and 3 steals.

I understand though. It must be really frustrating for you not to be able to blame Thornton.

Did you even watch the game? How is a back to back an excuse? Both teams played the night before, IT played 37 minutes in the previous game, I didn't see him half assing the entire game. He didn't just have a bad shooting night, he didn't try at all on defense, he literally stood there all night. It must be really frustrating for you to try and scramble to figure out how to defend a horrible effort for Wall, hmm should I say "who won player of the month"? "Where would this team be without wall" "he was tired because of ernies **** bench"

Btw, It doesn't sound like you actually watched the game, but McClellan played well once again and was far better than Marcus Thornton has ever been. You need to atleast try to be objective and stop getting butt hurt
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#307 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:08 pm

NatP4 wrote:You're delusional if you defend Wall after an effort like that and claim that people who criticize him are pushing agenda

Who is defending Wall? Everybody acknowledges that he had a bad game. Not only that, but I don't think anyone would disagree that he played a bad game mentally, both in decision-making and his effort level. We're just not going to crucify him for one game on a back-to-back. Wall has been fantastic all year and there have been many games in the past where it seemed like Wall was the only guy who showed up and others played with poor effort.

Since getting fully healthy in late November, Wall has averaged 38 minutes a game. That leads the league. (For the season as a whole, he averages 36.6 minutes, which is 6th highest in the league.) He's also 8th in the league in USG%, meaning he can't even take possessions off. Wall has earned some leeway.

Either way, I'm sure Brooks will be showing Wall what he did wrong in the film room.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#308 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:15 pm

nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:You're delusional if you defend Wall after an effort like that and claim that people who criticize him are pushing agenda

Who is defending Wall? Everybody acknowledges that he had a bad game. Not only that, but I don't think anyone would disagree that he played a bad game mentally, both in decision-making and his effort level. We're just not going to crucify him for one game on a back-to-back. Wall has been fantastic all year and there have been many games in the past where it seemed like Wall was the only guy who showed up and others played with poor effort.

Since getting fully healthy in late November, Wall has averaged 38 minutes a game. That leads the league. (For the season as a whole, he averages 36.6 minutes, which is 6th highest in the league.) He's also 8th in the league in USG%, meaning he can't even take possessions off. Wall has earned some leeway.

Either way, I'm sure Brooks will be showing Wall what he did wrong in the film room.

Who is defending wall? Seriously?
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#309 » by pineappleheadindc » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:35 pm

nate33 wrote:

^
This.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#310 » by queridiculo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:44 pm

On another note, my god, how can anybody bear to listen to these announcing Celtics buffoons.

I generally give the home team feed the benefit of the doubt and listen to them to gain a bit of perspective on the opponent, but these guys are up there with the worst in the league (Cleveland).

I managed maybe 4 minutes before my ears started bleeding and I had to switch to the away feed.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#311 » by montestewart » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:00 pm

NatP4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Who is defending wall? Seriously?

Psychology students will study this exchange for years to come.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#312 » by FAH1223 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:38 pm

I knew the Wiz would lose when they went up 10

All the long two jumpers and the crappy bench were perfect storms
tontoz
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Official Thread - Wiz vs Cs (1/11/17) 

Post#313 » by tontoz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:02 pm

queridiculo wrote:On another note, my god, how can anybody bear to listen to these announcing Celtics buffoons.

I generally give the home team feed the benefit of the doubt and listen to them to gain a bit of perspective on the opponent, but these guys are up there with the worst in the league (Cleveland).

I managed maybe 4 minutes before my ears started bleeding and I had to switch to the away feed.

Celtics announcers are the worst in the league. Heinsohn is insufferable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using RealGM mobile app
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,575

Post#314 » by ajones9219 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:14 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:Isaiah :lol: "They can't F--- with a real killer"

What a little dork. Wall winning POTM over him clearly eating him up inside. Oh well, let them have their fun. They won't get the calls they got tonight at our place.

Isaiah is a punk :lol: I hate watching him play. He has killed the Wizards (on one side of the floor) since he was a King. The funny thing is he is bottom 3 at his position in defense and just a chucker. A team with him as their best player won't go far. Have the Celtics ever been out the first round with him? I think not.

Chucker....Chucker....CHUCKER!?
Seriously though, the dude has a TS% of 61.3%. He's outrageously efficient. Walls is 54.4%
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#315 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:48 pm

ajones9219 wrote:
TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:Isaiah :lol: "They can't F--- with a real killer"

What a little dork. Wall winning POTM over him clearly eating him up inside. Oh well, let them have their fun. They won't get the calls they got tonight at our place.

Isaiah is a punk :lol: I hate watching him play. He has killed the Wizards (on one side of the floor) since he was a King. The funny thing is he is bottom 3 at his position in defense and just a chucker. A team with him as their best player won't go far. Have the Celtics ever been out the first round with him? I think not.

Seriously though, the dude has a TS% of 61.3%. He's outrageously efficient. Walls is 54.4%

A PG who isn't a playmaker and is the worst defender at his position in the league. Celtics haven't even been out the 1st round with him as their star. He is more suited to a 6th man role. Wall is less efficient scoring but he spends energy playing defense, averaging over 10 apg, leading the NBA in steals, and rebounding at a great clip for a PG.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#316 » by queridiculo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:57 pm

One more thing, Washington missed an inordinate amount of layups and fast break opportunities that led to breaks against them on a few occasions.

Better finishing inside and this probably would have been a different game down the stretch.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,669

Post#317 » by penbeast0 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:03 pm

tontoz wrote:
Mickstix wrote:So, what's the over/under on Wall missing games? I didn't see it, but Im reading (different forum/non official) about needing x-rays on left and busted pinky finger on right? Just over reaction or serious? :o

Word is he will be out two weeks

Burke averaging 35 mpg should be . . . . interesting.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,349

Re: RE: Re: Official Thread - Wiz vs Cs (1/11/17) 

Post#318 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:44 pm

TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
ajones9219 wrote:
TheKingOfVa360 wrote:
Isaiah is a punk I hate watching him play. He has killed the Wizards (on one side of the floor) since he was a King. The funny thing is he is bottom 3 at his position in defense and just a chucker. A team with him as their best player won't go far. Have the Celtics ever been out the first round with him? I think not.

A PG who isn't a playmaker and is the worst defender at his position in the league. Celtics haven't even been out the 1st round with him as their star. He is more suited to a 6th man role. Wall is less efficient scoring but he spends energy playing defense, averaging over 10 apg, leading the NBA in steals, and rebounding at a great clip for a PG.

I would rather have Wall as well but I think you are underrating Thomas a bit. Thomas is certainly an above average starter and case for top 10 pg could be made.

Sent from my LG-D851 using RealGM mobile app
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,349

Post#319 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Wall primarily played with Beal and Porter given that Brooks doesn't stagger the rotations.

Like Beal said, the Celtics also had a back to back. Although it is easier playing at home, and Boston having a bench helps them more.

Sent from my LG-D851 using RealGM mobile app
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#320 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 pm

NatP4 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
payitforward wrote:He did? Why John Wall? Why not Markieff Morris? Why not Morris plus Burke? Why not Morris plus Burke plus Andrew Nicholson who isn't good enough to play so can't contribute?

Why not those 3 guys plus not having one of the obviously good players available high in the 2012 R2, say Jae Crowder, whom Ernie passed on to take Satoransky?

Why not those 4 guys & the fact that we don't have the two good players out of R1 in 2011 whom we should have (say Kawhi Leonard & either Kenneth Faried or Tobias Harris)?

Why not those 6 guys & the fact that we don't even have Shelvin Mack!

Why not those 7 guys & the fact that we gave away Trevor Booker for nothing?

Why not those 8 guys & the fact that we have Markieff Morris instead of, say, Denzel Valentine?

Why not those 9 guys, plus 1 or more of the many available good backup bigs who were FAs last off season?

Why instead of all that, which seems kind of obvious, do you prefer to pick on John Wall? Yeah, he had a bad game tonight. If he'd had a terrific game we might have won, sure. Wouldn't it be nice to have a squad of players that might have won tonight without John Wall? But we don't.

& we all know why we don't; why we have the players we do have. Because Ernie Grunfeld thought they were better than guys who, unfortunately, were actually way better than the guys he preferred.

In other words, we lost tonight because we played a team that's better than the Wizards, and we played them on their home court. They are better than us, because they have better players -- chosen by a better GM. Duh.

Haha this is a joke

You're right! How could I be so naive! We lost because of Satoransky! I can't believe he decided to get sick tonight!

Now, I regret defending your point on John Wall earlier. He was not the sole reason for the Wiz losing last night!
He was awful, yes, but so was everyone else, but Otto, Beal, Gortat and Smith.
Also, your debating style is very condescending, and you never agree to disagree. Hard for people on here to take you seriously.

Return to Washington Wizards