ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Sidney Lowe Appreciation Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Official Sidney Lowe Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by keynote » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:01 am

Scott Brooks gets all of the attention as the Wizards' head coach. But let's show some love to assistant coach Sidney Lowe. He's really been working hard on showing the team how to close out on 3 point shooters. He's also been very active off the court, having logged a hundred hours of community service over the last few years.

Here's to you, Sidney. Kudos. :clap:
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Re: Official Sidney Lowe Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:08 am

Bout time a Wizard assistant earned his paycheck. He left it all on the court tonight.
In Rizzo we trust
keynote
General Manager

Post#3 » by keynote » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:12 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Bout time a Wizard assistant earned his paycheck. He left it all on the court tonight.

This. He's really showing his guards how to be a coach on the floor.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#4 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:17 am

Funny you should bring that up. Apparently he closed out on Lee pretty good too. :lol:

Read on Twitter
keynote
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: Official Sidney Lowe Appreciation Thread 

Post#5 » by keynote » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:32 am

JWizmentality wrote:Funny you should bring that up. Apparently he closed out on Lee pretty good too.

Read on Twitter

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'm just giving Lowe his due props. He's the kind of coach I'd like to have in my corner.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#6 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:37 am

^^^ I'm just pointing out the irony. Am I speaking spanish here?

Can anyone confirm if that's Lowe on the court during Lee's shot/no shot?
keynote
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: Official Sidney Lowe Appreciation Thread 

Post#7 » by keynote » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:48 am

JWizmentality wrote:^^^ I'm just pointing out the irony. Am I speaking spanish here?

Can anyone confirm if that's Lowe on the court during Lee's shot/no shot?

I don't follow. I'm just trying to shout out our boy. It's rare to see a coach make in-game defensive adjustments like Lowe. Big ups.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#8 » by stevemcqueen1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:46 am

:lol:

Jwiz, you might want to get that fish hook in your cheek looked at.
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man
And1: 793

Post#9 » by GlenRiceARoni » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:13 am

I always liked Sidney. Any man that pays high school recruits and doesn't pay taxes is A-OK in my book.

Hinkie has created a monster that will awaken in 2018 precisely 200 years after Mary Shelley published Frankenstein in 1818 A.D.

I don't think for one second this is coincidental. Hinkie is well educated and a fan of Classic British Lit
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,110

Post#10 » by J-Ves » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:51 am

I know this thread is all fun and games but if that happened to the Wizards I'd be pissed. Hell, I'm pissed watching the video as is.
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#11 » by stevemcqueen1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:15 pm

That ref is in the way too, standing at the FT line extended.

NBA has always been dumb in how little space there is between the boundaries and the court. Players and spectators get hurt when they go into the first row and the stanchion.

Courtney Lee is looking for someone else to blame for why he was too scared to take the shot.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#12 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:28 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote::lol:

Jwiz, you might want to get that fish hook in your cheek looked at.

Gaddamnit!!! :banghead:
keynote
General Manager

Post#13 » by keynote » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:49 am

Read on Twitter

So, is the RealGM Wizards board going to start a GoFundMe to cover Sidney's $5K tab? I'm sure money's tight. Sidney's wife is tired of living in the Vista View apartments (apparently, there ain't no "vista", there ain't no "view", and there certainly ain't no vista of no view).
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#14 » by Sluggerface » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:29 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:That ref is in the way too, standing at the FT line extended.

NBA has always been dumb in how little space there is between the boundaries and the court. Players and spectators get hurt when they go into the first row and the stanchion.

Courtney Lee is looking for someone else to blame for why he was too scared to take the shot.

This. Lee had ample amount of time before he got the ball to assess the space around him. Harden, Curry, Durant, etc would have taken that shot regardless of what they were hearing.

This was melo on the situation "I was talking to Courtney after the game and he believed that, he thought it was [Washington's] Kelly [Oubre] or somebody closing out to him."

Kelly was the one directly guarding Lee. Lee had vision of every single Washington jersey before he even got the ball. Lowe is DIRECTLY in Lee's peripheral vision once Melo cuts into the paint.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#15 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Sluggerface wrote:
stevemcqueen1 wrote:That ref is in the way too, standing at the FT line extended.

This. Lee had ample amount of time before he got the ball to assess the space around him. Harden, Curry, Durant, etc would have taken that shot regardless of what they were hearing.

This was melo on the situation "I was talking to Courtney after the game and he believed that, he thought it was [Washington's] Kelly [Oubre] or somebody closing out to him."

Kelly was the one directly guarding Lee. Lee had vision of every single Washington jersey before he even got the ball. Lowe is DIRECTLY in Lee's peripheral vision once Melo cuts into the paint.

Agreed. I think this is overblown. Sidney Lowe didn't change the play. I don't have a problem with Lowe being fined because he shouldn't be on the court at all, but Lee didn't shoot because of Lowe. He didn't shoot because Oubre was closing fast.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#16 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:42 pm

I think we'd have won regardless, and if anything - Lowe f'd up royally and could have cost the Wiz the game. He deserves zero credit, and if I'm the Wiz, I add another 5K fine on top of the NBA's fine.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards