ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread -- Wizards vs Cavs (2/6/17)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail?

Representing the most powerful city in the world....
64%
Crab dribblers
36%

Total votes: 14

CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,915

Re: RE: Re: Official Thread -- Wizards vs Cavs (2/6/17) 

Post#801 » by CobraCommander » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:22 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
They should beat a lebronless cavs team in OT

NatP4....i dont even know what you watched. That was an amazing game. Our boys played their hearts out. Lebron had to HIT a lucky 3 to go to OT...and kyrie (world champion ice cold killer shooter) got hot. We can play with them. We all now know that. You can hate...but the rest of us know what we needed to know. Lebron, Love and Kyrie all played well and it took OT and luck to beat the Wiz....We are FREAKING LEGIT. Im not talking moral victories either. We are legit.

This.

They played their best and Wall was sort of off.

i obviously agree....im listening to Sportscenter, TNT and reading other things on line and people are praising the Wiz and making it seem like Cleveland escaped ....I hope JW, Brad and the squad are positive about the fact that they are or can be the second best team in the east.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#802 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:22 am

bealwithit wrote:
mhd wrote:Great game. Everyone played their guts out. I'm all in on a Lou Williams trade. We need one more piece to truly compete.

Seriously, hard to be too frustrated about that game we just saw. We actually pushed them to the limit. The foul outs, Love playing out of his mind, LeBron hitting threes like crazy and putting up a career assist night. That's the kind of effort he gets up to when he's in the damn Finals and he was playing like that against US.

Y'all can say you wanna keep that 1st rounder... but I'm seeing a team that can definitely mix it up with the best in the East.

I want to keep the first round pick because I see kids like Harry Giles that can really make a difference in the future
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#803 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:22 am

bealwithit wrote:
mhd wrote:Great game. Everyone played their guts out. I'm all in on a Lou Williams trade. We need one more piece to truly compete.

Seriously, hard to be too frustrated about that game we just saw. We actually pushed them to the limit. The foul outs, Love playing out of his mind, LeBron hitting threes like crazy and putting up a career assist night. That's the kind of effort he gets up to when he's in the damn Finals and he was playing like that against US.

Y'all can say you wanna keep that 1st rounder... but I'm seeing a team that can definitely mix it up with the best in the East.

I want to keep the first round pick because I see kids like Harry Giles that can really make a difference in the future
Bye bye Beal.
The Consiglieri
Starter
And1: 510

Re: Official Thread -- Wizards vs Cavs (2/6/17) 

Post#804 » by The Consiglieri » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:28 am

CobraCommander wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:Why do I feel more confident in the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Because you logical...NatP4...please listen and learn...

I don't disagree, but in fairness I'll add a caveat (and some around here may not even be old enough to remember it), but this is the same line of thinking we used to console ourselves when Jordan's bulls swept us in '97, but had to use every last trick in the book to win 3 consecutive tight games (and after which, Jordan complimented us on being an Eastern Conference team of the future, should have known not to make him GM in '01 simply based upon that quote alone), and going even further back, the '87-'88 playoffs against the Pistons that was tightly contested (or the less tightly contested '86-'87 series where we began the process of repeatedly losing huge playoff games by a basket-did it in that series, again in '87-'88, again in '96-'97, 3 1 point playoff losses to the cars in '05-'06.

Moral victories only matter if you end up turning them into something tangible over time. For us, that has not ever happened in our lifetimes period. These have all been moments of NBA playoff Iron Pyrite for us. Fools Gold.

I don't know whats happening going forward, but I do know we were a bottom 7 team in the league 2 months ago, and now we're playing like a top 2 team in the East, as we finish the season on that epic road trip, we'll see if things go pear shaped, for now I'm happy, and being competitive in games like this is nice, but don't take it anywhere beyond that. We've all seen that movie before, the mega home winning streak, and not this game, is what has impressed me, and definitely not something we've seen before (at least in recent decades).
RealGM

Post#805 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:30 am

nate33 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:Yep. It's official.

I'm willing to give up that 1st rd pick..for the right player/contract.

This team is potentially MUCH better than I anticipated...with the right piece.

Nope. Don't do it. We're still not gonna beat the Cavs in 7 games, even if we add a bench player.

We will be the same team next year, only Beal and Porter might be a bit better, Oubre will definitely be better, and Mahinmi will be healthy. Meanwhile, Lebron will be a year older and hopefully lose a step. Next year is the year that we actually contend. This is the year to get some good playoff experience.

Save the pick and use it to draft a quality, cheap player.

Thank you very much, nate.

Save the pick. This year the goal should be advance beyond round one. Fifty wins and at least one playoff series win should be the goal.

Lou Williams is a short term add. Josh Hart or Jawun Evans will be good for years and years.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#806 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:31 am

nate33 wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:What we could really do with Lou Williams getting 25mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Teams don't go from missing the playoffs to making the Finals in one year. It's just not gonna happen. Don't bet the future for this season. Invest in next season.

Wise.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#807 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:33 am

nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:I saw what I needed to see from our Lebron defense. Oubre is capable.

No. He can't handle Lebron. Lebron bullied him.

Keep giving Oubre a crack at Lebron. One is getting better as the other ages.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#808 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:35 am

NatP4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:I saw what I needed to see from our Lebron defense. Oubre is capable.

No. He can't handle Lebron. Lebron bullied him.

What game did you watch? Oubre didn't shut him down, but he battled all night long and had like 4 or 5 steals and frustrated Lebron. Forced Lebron into offensive fouls. Oubre Morris Porter and our guards(including Satoransky) is good Lebron resistance

I agree.
Bye bye Beal.
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Re: Official Thread -- Wizards vs Cavs (2/6/17) 

Post#809 » by barelyawake » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:38 am

One has to say that since certain voices so certain of their own statistical analysis of how things should have gone have been proven wrong, this page is much more readable.
RealGM

Post#810 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:39 am

Dat2U wrote:Entertaining game. Painful loss. I can't work up any satisfaction of the fact they played hard and gave it all they got. They still didn't get the job done. Wall wasn't at his best. Gortat & Morris apparently don't believe in blocking out and Morris still fails to rotate on D after giving an initial effort. I don't trust Morris for sh*t even if he had some good moments. A lot of Love's open looks were because of him. This game showed me we really need the Mahinmi of last year as an alternative on defense.. and of course a 3rd guard. I also still think we need an upgrade at PF if were ever serious about being a legitimate contender.

Why so sour? I think you took this loss too hard. I think you've filtered out a **** load of positives to glean negativity.

The score was 120-117 and they could/should have tackled Lebron inside the circle-- before he stepped back. That is my ONLY complaint.

Kyrie handed all of them their asses but he IS that good.

To me this was a great game. Huge fight in this very competitive team.
Bye bye Beal.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#811 » by deneem4 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:44 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Dat2U wrote:Entertaining game. Painful loss. I can't work up any satisfaction of the fact they played hard and gave it all they got. They still didn't get the job done. Wall wasn't at his best. Gortat & Morris apparently don't believe in blocking out and Morris still fails to rotate on D after giving an initial effort. I don't trust Morris for sh*t even if he had some good moments. A lot of Love's open looks were because of him. This game showed me we really need the Mahinmi of last year as an alternative on defense.. and of course a 3rd guard. I also still think we need an upgrade at PF if were ever serious about being a legitimate contender.

Why so sour? I think you took this loss too hard. I think you've filtered out a **** load of positives to glean negativity.

The score was 120-117 and the could/should have tackled Lebron inside the circle before he stepped back. That is my ONLY complaint.

Kyrie handed all of them their asses but he IS that good.

To me this was a great game. Huge fight in this very competitive team.

Kyrie was bad he did good in o.t. but Beal shouldn't have been guarding him...after him and wall bumped into each other or whatever they switched Beal onto him and that was a mistake
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
RealGM

Post#812 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:46 am

Dat2U wrote:Right now I feel like were Golden State when David Lee was their starting PF. We need to find our Draymond Green.

You wanted Markieff Morris more than anybody pretty much.

I think the starting five is very solid. We need a scoring four off the bench. Mo Speights type. Mebbe draft Caleb Swanigan?
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#813 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:48 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:At the risk of getting boo'ed off of this board, I gotta admit that I am a fan of Lebron in this, his mature years in basketball. He's an articulate spokesman for the game. He's obviously uber-talented. You can put him in front of any microphone and he'll never embarrass you, your team, or the league.

Irritate that he hit a lucky bank shot. But also admit that Lebron played well. If he could just stop complaining to the refs so much. That's just his weak spot.

Like Tom Brady, you can hate Lebron but the man is obviously just great.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#814 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:51 am

Dat2U wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:Right now I feel like were Golden State when David Lee was their starting PF. We need to find our Draymond Green.

Otto

Otto is not a PF, at least not yet. We need a certain physical toughness that Otto cannot provide yet. Someone who can get the tough rebounds and doesn't half a** on defense. Oubre is developing nicely into our active defender, spotty shooter off the bench... a la Andre Iguodala.

Frankly we need a better version of Markieff. A Markieff that goes full tilt 100% of the time and I don't think Markieff has that in him.

I would trade the first for Bobby Portis and a Chicago second.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#815 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:51 am

Dat2U wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

Otto

Otto is not a PF, at least not yet. We need a certain physical toughness that Otto cannot provide yet. Someone who can get the tough rebounds and doesn't half a** on defense. Oubre is developing nicely into our active defender, spotty shooter off the bench... a la Andre Iguodala.

Frankly we need a better version of Markieff. A Markieff that goes full tilt 100% of the time and I don't think Markieff has that in him.

I would trade the first for Bobby Portis and a Chicago second.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#816 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:53 am

deneem4 wrote:

I said that alot of times...he should've been covering lebron on that lucky 3 he would've fouled him and lebron would've missed a free throw....

Brooks need to step up his coaching and call foul on plays like that

That is exactly what I said coaching mistake at the end of regulation
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#817 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 6:54 am

80sballboy wrote:I think after all the emotion great game but......Look at the schedule in March. If you don't think we need to improve that bench that had just two players score tonight in Oubre and Smith, you are fooling yourself. That has to be addressed and Mahinmi might be the answer defensively and on the boards if he can stay healthy. Still need one more veteran guard, who's an improvement over what we have. Not some junk.

In the third quarter after Cleveland surged ahead the bench scored eight straight points with Sato also out there with Oubre and Smith
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#818 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 7:02 am

NatP4 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
80sballboy wrote:I think after all the emotion great game but......Look at the schedule in March. If you don't think we need to improve that bench that had just two players score tonight in Oubre and Smith, you are fooling yourself. That has to be addressed and Mahinmi might be the answer defensively and on the boards if he can stay health. Still need one more veteran guard, who's an improvement over what we have. Not some junk.

Lou Williams & a healthy Ian Mahinmi would I think clearly make us the 2nd best team in the East. I don't know if it's enough to beat the Cavs but it would definitely be a very tough series for them. Probably tougher than any series they've had in the East since LeBron rejoined Cleveland.

I just don't think Lou Williams makes you much better in a playoff series against Cleveland, maybe helps you in the regular season get the 2 seed. I want another keeper type of player, that's what makes us dangerous against Cleveland, Beal Oubre Otto on the wings. If we could find a two way scorer, man.

Norman Powell type of player.

I'm thinking wait and draft Josh Hart (or Giles or Swanigan).
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#819 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 7:05 am

stevemcqueen1 wrote:Still can't believe LeBron made that **** shot. That was a Michael Jordan-esque clutch basket. Nothing you can do but tip your cap and move on. The Basketball Gods decreed that it wasn't our night.

Foul him hard before the shot was the move that should have been called in the tv timeout.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#820 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 7, 2017 7:05 am

stevemcqueen1 wrote:Still can't believe LeBron made that **** shot. That was a Michael Jordan-esque clutch basket. Nothing you can do but tip your cap and move on. The Basketball Gods decreed that it wasn't our night.

Foul him hard before the shot was the move that should have been called in the tv timeout.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards