Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Re: Woj: Nets trade Bogdanovic to Wizards 

Post#1041 » by payitforward » Sat Jul 8, 2017 12:55 am

Dark Faze wrote:that's actually great value

this franchise is cancer

No. Not great value. Not even good value. But Indy did have to sign somebody, didn't they?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,156

Post#1042 » by AFM » Sat Jul 8, 2017 1:59 am

He sucks. Won't miss him, sorry.
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: RE: Re: Woj: Nets trade Bogdanovic to Wizards 

Post#1043 » by Tricky_Kid » Sat Jul 8, 2017 2:04 am

JWizmentality wrote:
80sballboy wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:

To our 1st rd pick yes. :banghead:

Ernie: "We look at Frazier as our pick this year...in fact we got a whole summer league squad full of 1st round picks!"

I think they view McCullough as their first-round pick, since he was a first-round pick. I guess we'll see in SL whether he's still a skinny project.

I forgot we even still had that mofo. I'm couldn't be more pessimistic. Ladies and gentlemen the front office that scouted Daniel Ochefu and Aaron White.

Meanwhile...I see Johnny O'Bryant (you know, the guy who they dropped for Ochefu) has dropped 2 straight 20pts games in summer league.

I read Chris Miller said House is a better player now, better shooter adter Wiz cut him he put real work to be better lol
80sballboy wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
AFM wrote:Good riddance

To our 1st rd pick yes. :banghead:

Ernie: "We look at Frazier as our pick this year...in fact we got a whole summer league squad full of 1st round picks!"

I think they view McCullough as their first-round pick, since he was a first-round pick. I guess we'll see in SL whether he's still a skinny project or ready to contribute. Personally, I haven't see enough to make a projection other than the Nets gave up on him for a reason.

Sent from my HUAWEI CAM-L21 using RealGM mobile app
Tricky_Kid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Re: RE: Re: Woj: Nets trade Bogdanovic to Wizards 

Post#1044 » by Tricky_Kid » Sat Jul 8, 2017 2:10 am

AFM wrote:He sucks. Won't miss him, sorry.

Agree with You better to cut him now. He was / would be wasteed spot
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#1045 » by queridiculo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:04 pm

It's really incredible to read through these threads time and time again and see the accuracy with which the majority of the fans on this board have the GM and the owner of this team pegged.

If you can see it and I can see and just about everybody else that regularly has followed this team over the years ca, how on earth does Mr. Pixels, the smartest guy in the room not see it?

It's willful ignorance, there's no other explanation.

Leonsis has his patsy, a GM that does his bidding on a perpetual, probably below market rate contract and he will just continue to force this **** down the fan bases throat.

Just the fact that there are no details known about Grunfeld's contract with the team stinks to high **** heaven. What other team around the league does this, what's with the **** secrecy about something that's fairly standard elsewhere?

**** Leonsis, seriously, this guy had the gall to talk **** about Snyder when he's magnitudes worse.

Double-bottom-line my **** ass.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#1046 » by nate33 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:31 pm

nate33 wrote:
relinquishy wrote:
Upper Decker wrote:Restricted in the sense that the wizards can match another teams offer, but the Wizards are already so close to the lux tax threshold (presuming they resign Porter at max or near max), they can't afford to match any contracts received by Bogdan. He's gone after this year.

No one will be giving Bojan that big of a deal. Also, the cap will balloon more and Nicholson if off the books. I could see a 3 years 30 million deal, and also, most teams don't match deals for your average good RFA because more often that not it's a waste of time. Also Thornton is also off the books.

Please. You don't know what you are talking about. I am telling you, with absolute certainty, that Bogdanovic won't be on the Wizards next year. He is a 3 month rental. I've already accounted for the salary cap boom and the loss of Nicholson. We can't afford him.
leswizards
Pro Prospect
And1: 212

Post#1047 » by leswizards » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:45 pm

The Nets traded Nicholson for Allen Crabbe. So for an over rated bench player who can't play defense, the Nets got a first round pick and a decent young shooting guard. I would say they made out pretty well in this trade.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#1048 » by pcbothwel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:32 pm

leswizards wrote:The Nets traded Nicholson for Allen Crabbe. So for an over rated bench player who can't play defense, the Nets got a first round pick and a decent young shooting guard. I would say they made out pretty well in this trade.

No... they didnt. Crabbe is a terrible player. There is a reason RPM ranked him 73rd at SG and the 363rd ranked player in the NBA. He is a flat out bad defender, no real need to expand on that.
Offensively, he is a really good catch and 3 point shooter... but thats it. He doesnt pass, create, rebound, draw fouls or shoot off the dribble. 97% of his 3's are assisted and he does nothing inside the 3.

Demarre Carroll is a better player and he is paid 2/30M. They got a 1st for taking on his contract..
They are paying Crabbe 3/56M and got nothing. Even if you include Nicholson in the calculation, they are paying an additional 3/39M for Crabbe
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#1049 » by willbcocks » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Yeah, the Crabbe trade is a total head scratcher. They should have continued taking on bad contracts for picks.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1050 » by montestewart » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:28 pm

willbcocks wrote:Yeah, the Crabbe trade is a total head scratcher. They should have continued taking on bad contracts for picks.

That's what they did. Crabbe is a way overpaid bench shooter who they will try as a rotation wing because they have to reach the salary floor and field a team while they accumulate assets and young players during rebuild. They got a pick with Crabbe. Maybe they move Crabbe for an even more overpaid player and another pick later on.

Edit: I see they didn't get a pick, so I agree. The Nets signed Crabbe to the offer sheet that led to that contract, so maybe they just gotta have Crabbe.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#1051 » by queridiculo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:07 pm

willbcocks wrote:Yeah, the Crabbe trade is a total head scratcher. They should have continued taking on bad contracts for picks.

The fact that they didn't get a pick in this trade is mindboggling.
leswizards
Pro Prospect
And1: 212

Post#1052 » by leswizards » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:16 pm

pcbothwel wrote:No... they didnt. Crabbe is a terrible player. There is a reason RPM ranked him 73rd at SG and the 363rd ranked player in the NBA. He is a flat out bad defender, no real need to expand on that.
Offensively, he is a really good catch and 3 point shooter... but thats it. He doesnt pass, create, rebound, draw fouls or shoot off the dribble. 97% of his 3's are assisted and he does nothing inside the 3.

Demarre Carroll is a better player and he is paid 2/30M. They got a 1st for taking on his contract..
They are paying Crabbe 3/56M and got nothing. Even if you include Nicholson in the calculation, they are paying an additional 3/39M for Crabbe

Bogdanovic was ranked 86th at SG and in the 400's overall. By the metrics you have chosen, the nets got a first round pick and a better and younger player than they started with. I would say that is doing pretty well in a trade. I think Crabbe is a decent bench player, but overpayed, but it really isn't worth debating.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#1053 » by pcbothwel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:28 pm

leswizards wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:No... they didnt. Crabbe is a terrible player. There is a reason RPM ranked him 73rd at SG and the 363rd ranked player in the NBA. He is a flat out bad defender, no real need to expand on that.

Bogdanovic was ranked 86th at SG and in the 400's overall. By the metrics you have chosen, the nets got a first round pick and a better and younger player than they started with. I would say that is doing pretty well in a trade. I think Crabbe is a decent bench player, but overpayed, but it really isn't worth debating.

Lol. We traded away a 1st for an expiring bench player and 22M dollars. The Nets just added 40M dollars over the next 3 years. There is no debating this. We saw the market in the Carroll and Mozgov trades... a 1st round pick, no question.
You also forget that NO TEAM was going to take on Crabbe or Turner without multiple picks and other contracts.
Portland saved 40M THIS YEAR ALONE with that trade. The nets just got taken, no question.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1054 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:40 pm

I don't think the nets got taken. They know they ain't going any where for the next 2 years so they are loading up on bad contracts that are going to be useful as filler in 2 years for team who are dying for cap relief. Crane is 25 no harm in a bad and taking team.taking him on to get over the cap floor they have to spend that money somewhere and taking on crab is better than over paying for a player who is clearly not worth it because it one year less in the deal. Honetly I'd see if you can get a pick or two off Memphis to take Parsons if I were the nets. Turn mozgov or Carrol and filler in to Parsons and a pick. Why not. They are gather assets so when these guys coming off the books in 2-3 years they have plenty of young assets and money to resign them!
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,350

Post#1055 » by doclinkin » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:28 am

doclinkin wrote:
Mojo Amok wrote:I wouldn't consider it a horrible trade just by itself with the Nets taking on about $20 million for a late first round pick*, but the merit of the trade is to clean up a mess made recently by the very man who's executing the trade.

I'm seeing the whole "bench help" pretext as being a clever ruse.

I do think people are somewhat underrating Bojangles, though. I accidentally forgot to erase the recent Nets game, which I watched a bit of after hearing the rumors. He's not too bad and could easily go up in efficiency if receiving less defensive attention - he can certainly shoot and has some fairly deceptive ability to put the ball on the floor. He is a bad defender, but I think a bigger issue is that he really doesn't look anything like a 2-guard with his body type.

Anyway, the merits of Bojangles seem well secondary to just dumping Nicholson in a manner that's murky enough in basketball terms to confuse at least some of the critics. Classic Grunfeld.

*ok, while also gaining the services of Huckleberry Hound for 3 years.

Mojo Amok = Hoopalotta.

Jesus that was bugging me for a bit.

And I forget the prior screen name too.

What was that prior screen name. Seems like I did this once before, too.
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect
And1: 834

Post#1056 » by Mojo Amok » Mon Apr 8, 2019 2:33 am

doclinkin wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
Mojo Amok wrote:I wouldn't consider it a horrible trade just by itself with the Nets taking on about $20 million for a late first round pick*, but the merit of the trade is to clean up a mess made recently by the very man who's executing the trade.

I'm seeing the whole "bench help" pretext as being a clever ruse.

I do think people are somewhat underrating Bojangles, though. I accidentally forgot to erase the recent Nets game, which I watched a bit of after hearing the rumors. He's not too bad and could easily go up in efficiency if receiving less defensive attention - he can certainly shoot and has some fairly deceptive ability to put the ball on the floor. He is a bad defender, but I think a bigger issue is that he really doesn't look anything like a 2-guard with his body type.

Anyway, the merits of Bojangles seem well secondary to just dumping Nicholson in a manner that's murky enough in basketball terms to confuse at least some of the critics. Classic Grunfeld.

*ok, while also gaining the services of Huckleberry Hound for 3 years.

Mojo Amok = Hoopalotta.

Jesus that was bugging me for a bit.

And I forget the prior screen name too.

What was that prior screen name. Seems like I did this once before, too.

You're not misremembering - it was Deeptu McPullup. :lol:

Return to Washington Wizards