ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,784

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#181 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:36 am

its hillarious that there were wizards "fans" on this board that thought we should trade Wall for Favors... wow Favors is actually a step above a dead man out there today.
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect
And1: 834

Post#182 » by Mojo Amok » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:41 am

Favors can backpedal against guard penetration to a reasonable degree while putting a hand up. I don't know what his next best skill is at this point. :blank:
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#183 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:49 am

Chris Paul just pulled a Agent Zero and gave away his jersey! Good game
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: RE: Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#184 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:49 am

CobraCommander wrote:its hillarious that there were wizards "fans" on this board that thought we should trade Wall for Favors... wow Favors is actually a step above a dead man out there today.

I always said Wall for two picks. One was Cousins. The other was Favors or Evan Turner.

Favors has definitely not developed into much of a player.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect

Post#185 » by Mojo Amok » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:52 am

The end result, best played to 'The Imperial March' from Star Wars:

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#186 » by montestewart » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:37 pm

CobraCommander wrote:its hillarious that there were wizards "fans" on this board that thought we should trade Wall for Favors... wow Favors is actually a step above a dead man out there today.

That's pretty putrid. I remember some trade ideas and hated most of them, but I don't recall one that bad. Maybe that was a JJ idea. Most trades seemed to be at least a 2-for-1, a player and a top pick or two, or two players.

Remember the Arenas, Jamison, and picks for Kobe scenarios about 10 years ago?

Very glad Wizards did not trade Wall. He's not only quite exciting, he's pretty marketable. I even understand his postgame interviews better. He speaks and plays as fast as ever, but in both cases, he's greatly improved his articulation.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#187 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

I always said Wall for two picks. One was Cousins. The other was Favors or Evan Turner.

Yeah that would have worked out horrible for this franchise. Wall has been better for us than Gil. Wall and Beal taking us to heights that only the 70s bullets fans enjoyed. I'm glad you on RealGM and not our real gm!

:). Happy Saturday - win today boys!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#188 » by sfam » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:48 pm

I'm happy to say I was never interested in trading for Wall. He always seemed to me as someone who burned to be great, and hated being slighted. That's a player who's likely to improve.

But its a real shame about Rondo. I was really enjoying his play, and loved seeing him dust the Celtics. Without Rondo, ChiTown is back to being the same mess of a franchise on the floor as they are off it.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#189 » by CobraCommander » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:37 pm

montestewart wrote:

That's pretty putrid. I remember some trade ideas and hated most of them, but I don't recall one that bad. Maybe that was a JJ idea. Most trades seemed to be at least a 2-for-1, a player and a top pick or two, or two players.

Very glad Wizards did not trade Wall. He's not only quite exciting, he's pretty marketable. I even understand his postgame interviews better. He speaks and plays as fast as ever, but in both cases, he's greatly improved his articulation.

Yeah we are now in a real position to build around two players worthy of building around- Wall and Beal... Beal isnt nearly as good as Wall but he is a good piece to a winning team.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#190 » by Kanyewest » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
montestewart wrote:

Yeah we are now in a real position to build around two players worthy of building around- Wall and Beal... Beal isnt nearly as good as Wall but he is a good piece to a winning team.

https://streamable.com/xdtg
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#191 » by nate33 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Again, Toronto is unable to score against Milwaukee. The score is 23-21 with 9 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.

Milwaukee is gonna win this.
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#192 » by daSwami » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Bucks have got to be the dark horse to win the Eastern Conference. They'll be a tough out in Round 2.
:banghead:
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect

Post#193 » by Mojo Amok » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Yeah, Toronto just has to work far too hard on all their possessions with too many extra passes coming from low confidence (notable for a team that's low in assists). Lowry is really too small without Chris Paul-like eliteness to be a consistent catalyst in the postseason against any kind of length.
Mojo Amok
Pro Prospect

Post#194 » by Mojo Amok » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Thon Maker looks like he could hyperextend his knee to a strong wind. Interesting player and can be pretty good if he stays healthy, but I'm not banking on that happening.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: RE: Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 4 

Post#195 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:59 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

Yeah that would have worked out horrible for this franchise. Wall has been better for us than Gil. Wall and Beal taking us to heights that only the 70s bullets fans enjoyed. I'm glad you on RealGM and not our real gm!

:). Happy Saturday - win today boys!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

What I think might happen is Boogie comes to Wall's team and all ends up well.

John is a hell of a player. He has far exceeded my expectations of what he might be. On top of that he is still improving.

Wall has certainly been the right pick for the Wizards.

Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#196 » by AFM » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 am

Vince Carter man... what a legend.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#197 » by closg00 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:46 pm

Nobody here wanted to keep Kevin, but had we kept him, no Nicholson and we have still have a 1 st round pick. Article on Kevin.
http://8points9seconds.com/2017/04/14/kevin-seraphin-indiana-pacers-rotation/

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#198 » by dlts20 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:55 pm

Deion Williams starting to look good with the Cavs. If we make it to the ECF, he may average 20 off the bench against Jennings
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#199 » by dlts20 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:58 pm

closg00 wrote:Nobody here wanted to keep Kevin, but had we kept him, no Nicholson and we have still have a 1 st round pick. Article on Kevin.
http://8points9seconds.com/2017/04/14/kevin-seraphin-indiana-pacers-rotation/

The Nicholson move and pick have been horrible but I don't think Seraphin was the answer. We needed a stretch 4. Kevin is a center. Gortat and Mahimi are way better at Center and you can't play Seraphin with those guys or it's like Gortat-Nene all over again with no spacing
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#200 » by closg00 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:35 pm

Agony for the Pacers, two very close losses did them in.

Return to Washington Wizards