ImageImageImageImageImage

Does Pecherov Suck?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#61 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Mar 9, 2008 2:37 pm

He should've never been in the game during the last three minutes... wtf was Eddie thinking?
CaPtaiN eYeSaNo
Senior
And1: 1

Post#62 » by CaPtaiN eYeSaNo » Sun Mar 9, 2008 2:46 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:He should've never been in the game during the last three minutes... wtf was Eddie thinking?

Pech- "Coach, I'll get bucketz son!"
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man
And1: 40

Post#63 » by bulletproof_32 » Sun Mar 9, 2008 3:14 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:He should've never been in the game during the last three minutes... wtf was Eddie thinking?

I don
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#64 » by W. Unseld » Sun Mar 9, 2008 4:47 pm

Yeah, can we hold off on the sucky threads until maybe after the rookie season? I'm not saying the guy is all world but he could be a situational player or a rotation player if he continues to develop...unless of course everyone gives up on him during his rookie season.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#65 » by miller31time » Sun Mar 9, 2008 6:10 pm

If we want to have a big man who can hit the perimeter jumper and space the floor, why not put it Songaila (did I just say that?!). Surely, the 2ft difference in range isn't the thing that's stopping players from driving effectively.

I fundamentally have a problem with keeping a rookie from overseas who has not gotten a lot of playing time this season in the game with us very close to tying up the game. Why? Inexperienced rookie mistakes. At least Young has been in this situation before. He's seen what to do. What not to do. Pesh isn't nearly experienced enough to be in a game in crunch-time, and it showed.
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man
And1: 40

Post#66 » by bulletproof_32 » Sun Mar 9, 2008 6:48 pm

Yeah, I don't know why EJ choose to go with Pech over DS9 as he would've (theoretically) worked in that scenario, too (although I
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#67 » by hands11 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:30 am

W. Unseld wrote:Yeah, can we hold off on the sucky threads until maybe after the rookie season? I'm not saying the guy is all world but he could be a situational player or a rotation player if he continues to develop...unless of course everyone gives up on him during his rookie season.

I'm in this line. 7-0 foot rookies who have a long ball and give good effort get a break in my book. Specially when they miss games because of injury to start the season.

OP looked good in summer ball. It would have been a challenge for him to bring it in the pro game even if he didn't get hurt.

I'm happy whenever I see him in late in a game. He needs the experience.

If we were totally healthy, I would have questioned the move but given what we have and the fact that most of long ball shooters were cold. DS, Mason and mostly AJ, I didn't have a problem with OP being in. I didn't like BH being out but I didn't mind OP being in.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#68 » by closg00 » Tue Apr 1, 2008 5:47 am

Stewie 0-5 last night, and 1 rebound. Maybe Stewie needs to go to Det to discover his game again.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#69 » by JWizmentality » Tue Apr 1, 2008 5:49 am

Pesh needs to hang out with Blatche less and Jamison more.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#70 » by keynote » Tue Apr 1, 2008 7:14 am

JWizmentality wrote:Pesh needs to hang out with Blatche less and Jamison more.

You think that sketchy blonde gave Pesh some "flu-like symptoms"?
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#71 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Tue Apr 1, 2008 2:52 pm

From http://www.bulletsforever.com/

Remember last night when I said things can't get any worse? Wrong again! I guess O-Pec didn't learn anything from his teammates:

Washington Wizards reserve forward Oleksiy Pecherov was arrested in Utah late tonight on charges of solicitation after police said he attempted to engage in sex with an officer.

Salt Lake Police arrested the 23-year-old Pecherov shortly after 11 P.M., Mountain time. According to the police report, Pecherov approached the officer who was on duty in her patrol car, and offered to pay $60 in exchange for sex, as well as oral sex. The officer then signaled for other officers in the area, who arrested him.

"We are aware of this matter involving Oleksiy," Washington Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld said. "We are in the process of gathering all the information and will continue to monitor this situation. We will have no further comment."

Pecherov's agent, Eric Fleisher, said he was not aware of the arrest and declined to comment.

Once I gather my thoughts later today, I'll throw in my two cents on how this will affect the team. I'm sure that Mike will have some thoughts on this as well. You can check out the rest of the article here.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#72 » by MJG » Tue Apr 1, 2008 2:53 pm

ZonkertheBrainless wrote:From http://www.bulletsforever.com/

Remember last night when I said things can't get any worse? Wrong again! I guess O-Pec didn't learn anything from his teammates:

Washington Wizards reserve forward Oleksiy Pecherov was arrested in Utah late tonight on charges of solicitation after police said he attempted to engage in sex with an officer.

Salt Lake Police arrested the 23-year-old Pecherov shortly after 11 P.M., Mountain time. According to the police report, Pecherov approached the officer who was on duty in her patrol car, and offered to pay $60 in exchange for sex, as well as oral sex. The officer then signaled for other officers in the area, who arrested him.

"We are aware of this matter involving Oleksiy," Washington Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld said. "We are in the process of gathering all the information and will continue to monitor this situation. We will have no further comment."

Pecherov's agent, Eric Fleisher, said he was not aware of the arrest and declined to comment.

Once I gather my thoughts later today, I'll throw in my two cents on how this will affect the team. I'm sure that Mike will have some thoughts on this as well. You can check out the rest of the article here.

What day is today? ;)
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#73 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Tue Apr 1, 2008 2:59 pm

heehee...

Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
closg00
RealGM

Post#74 » by closg00 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:04 am

I'm calling it, Pech is a bust :(
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#75 » by Duiz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:15 am

Percherov is an excellent player, who doesn't fit your team, and his game is so different that the way that needs to be developed, I don't think the coaching staff can help much. Oleks isn't a bust.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#76 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:48 am

Should have drafted Paul Milsap or half a dozen other players over him You know like Rajan Rondo, Marcus Williams, Josh Boone, Kyle Lowry, Jordan Farmar, Sergio Rodriguez, Daniel Gibson, Craig Smith...

heck Leon Powe was drafted AFTER we wasted another pick on Veermenko in the 2nd round and Leon Powe right now is > than Pech + VV.
closg00
RealGM

Post#77 » by closg00 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:47 am

Duiz wrote:Percherov is an excellent player, who doesn't fit your team, and his game is so different that the way that needs to be developed, I don't think the coaching staff can help much. Oleks isn't a bust.

Salut toi!

In what facet of the game is Pech an "excellent player"?
When we drafted Pech in the first round, he wasn't even amongst the best in available Euro talent. Pech was a bench player on a second-tier Euro team. Pech is probably better suited for the slower/softer European style teams.

If Pech were a dangerous catch-and-shoot player with which we could create serious match-up problems, he'd be worth sending to the D-League. We can't even give him defend Z duties.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#78 » by W. Unseld » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:09 pm

[quote="closg00"][/quote]
We can't even give him defend Z duties.
[quote]

In fairness to Pech no one has been fairing all that well in defending Z duties.
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#79 » by daSwami » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:07 pm

we could really use 6 hard fouls from this guy
Soup's Uncle
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#80 » by Soup's Uncle » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:32 pm

We should trade him while there is some mystery to his game.
F Street = Wall Street

Return to Washington Wizards