ImageImageImageImageImage

JaVale McGee

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

JaVale McGee 

Post#1 » by fishercob » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:31 am

Lots of disappointed Wiz fans right now.

Detailed analysis of McGee's strengths and weaknesses here....
MF23
Veteran
And1: 0

Re: JaVale McGee 

Post#2 » by MF23 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:37 am

I've got to really hope he's getting traded. I just don't see it with this kid. He's agile and long but his game just has to much of a non physical nature. I don't think he's growing out of that.
tkunit
Head Coach
And1: 7

Post#3 » by tkunit » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:37 am

Lame
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#4 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:50 am

*crickets*

Somebody email this thread to my boy McGee.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#5 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:52 am

Detailed analysis:

Oh

my

God!

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,053

Post#6 » by queridiculo » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:53 am

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJilDqw8JOY

Looks promising but raw as hell.

I will say this though, the kid has some pedigree. Unlike Blatche, I expect him to give us everything he's got. At 7'0" and with great athleticism for his size that's got to count for something.
srenner
Ballboy

Post#7 » by srenner » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:55 am

I love the pick, then again I called it about 2 months ago so I kind of had to stick with it the entire time.

Given who was available, it was either him or DeAndre Jordan (who isn't being picked so far...)

We'll see though, I know just as much as the schmoe next door.
clubbing_caveman
Junior

Post#8 » by clubbing_caveman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:02 am

Lets not get too bent out of shape yet. Keep in mind that EG is not Wes Unseld the GM. He's either:
1. sees something good in this kid
2. got a plan for this pick

I myself know nothing about this kid. However, lets give the benefit of the doubt to EG.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:05 am

^^^

EG better have a plan, because clearly, McGee was not the BPA
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#10 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:11 am

mohammed10 wrote:^^^

I'm not that sure about that. You guys are acting like there were a bunch of cant-miss prospects sitting there where we were selecting.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:14 am

Wizardspride wrote:
I'm not that sure about that. You guys are acting like there were a bunch of cant-miss prospects sitting there where we were selecting.

No not can't miss prospects, but rather a player who likely WON'T miss.

Mc Gee is a reach when you have Chalmers, Hickson, C Lee, etc. still on the board when we picked.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#12 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:24 am

I'm not feeling a finesse big man. We need bangers on this team and no Etan Thomas is not one. I hate our big man depth with ET and Songaila.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:25 am

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:I'm not feeling a finesse big man. We need bangers on this team and no Etan Thomas is not one. I hate our big man depth with ET and Songaila.

+1
:clap: :nod: :bowdown:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#14 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:32 am

My guess is that EG was hoping either Hibbert or Speights slipped, but this is probably the guy I would have taken at this point. High bust possibility, but you never whine about getting a guy this talented this late in the draft. We just have to be patient. He's a better pick than Ajinka, because he has stronger legs and a bigger frame. Good value pick.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#15 » by fishercob » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:33 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/60593/gamelog

Thoroughly unimpressive competition. Put up fair numbers against Cal and UNC.
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#16 » by Ji » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:34 am

looks like the mocks were right....i waited months for this night. $# me for being a fan of this sorry franchise

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=818285
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#17 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:34 am

mohammed10 wrote:^^^

I want to know where you people got a crystal ball. For every Star in this draft there's about 10 Kwame Browns. Stop bashing the guy.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#18 » by yungal07 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:37 am

Ruzious wrote:My guess is that EG was hoping either Hibbert or Speights slipped, but this is probably the guy I would have taken at this point. High bust possibility, but you never whine about getting a guy this talented this late in the draft. We just have to be patient. He's a better pick than Ajinka, because he has stronger legs and a bigger frame. Good value pick.

Thank you for the first sensible post in this thread.

Quite frankly, I'm still waiting for a breakdown of this kid's game. It seems as though people are just bitching without really knowing a damn thing about him. I'd say 98% of the people on this board never seen him play. I know I haven't.
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#19 » by Ji » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:43 am

NBAdraft.net at least loves him

trengths: Long athletic bigman who is absolutely bursting with potential ... Runs the floor exceptionally well ... Improving at a rapid pace on both ends of the floor. Has freakishly long arms: around a 7-6 wingspan which makes him a great rebounder and shot blocker ... Can really become a force defensively when he adds strength and discipline on opponent's shot fakes ... His length makes it extremely difficult for opponents to get shots over ... His offensive game is showing a lot of promise with developing back to the basket skills. He even shows some ability to face the basket and make drives or spot up ... Has a competitive spirit that is not apparent in many bigmen who picked up the game because of their size. A late bloomer who went underrecruited out of Chicago. McGee's parents were both professional basketball players so he has been around the game from a young age ... Shows solid form and touch on his shot ... Has a tremendous frame which should allow him to get much stronger and retain his great agility and athleticism ... Gives great effort and shows very good stamina for a bigman his age ... Added strength will give him better balance and make him a lot more effective imposing his will inside ... Has the potential to be a top 5-10 center in the league someday (if he's patient about entering the NBA) ... Has even shown the ability to knock down shots from college 3, no question influenced by the presence of Nick Fazekas last year ...
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#20 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:48 am

yungal07 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:My guess is that EG was hoping either Hibbert or Speights slipped, but this is probably the guy I would have taken at this point. High bust possibility, but you never whine about getting a guy this talented this late in the draft. We just have to be patient. He's a better pick than Ajinka, because he has stronger legs and a bigger frame. Good value pick.

Thank you for the first sensible post in this thread.

Quite frankly, I'm still waiting for a breakdown of this kid's game. It seems as though people are just bitching without really knowing a damn thing about him. I'd say 98% of the people on this board never seen him play. I know I haven't.

I know right. Some people see the vets ( CCJ, Dat, Nate) get angry and say..."OH **** everybody is pizzed...I need to get pizzed too"

It's the mob mentality, now you have a gang of angry people waving pitchforks, with more than half not knowing why the **** they're waving it.

Return to Washington Wizards