ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Maryland Terps Thread 2.0

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 2.0 

Post#1141 » by Higga » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Hell **** yeah. Maryland basketball is coming back baby. Fear the Turtle!
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,853

Post#1142 » by Wizardspride » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm

https://twitter.com/DaveTelep

Dave Telep ‏@DaveTelep

Roddy Peters on watching Twins commit to UK: "I knew I was going to go to Maryland."
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1143 » by Wizardspride » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:01 pm

https://twitter.com/EvanDanielsFOX

@EvanDanielsFOX

Dwayne Morgan has narrowed his list of schools to Indiana, Maryland, Missouri, UNLV, Seton Hall & South Florida.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1144 » by Wizardspride » Thu Nov 8, 2012 1:26 am

Dez Wells is eligible to play.
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#1145 » by Higga » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:20 am

Wizardspride wrote:Dez Wells is eligible to play.

Huge. MD could be a Tourney team this year. Wells is legit.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,962

Post#1146 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 8, 2012 6:01 am

Higga wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:Dez Wells is eligible to play.

Huge. MD could be a Tourney team this year. Wells is legit.

:rockon:

Now they have a fighting chance to beat UK.

Seth Allen is going to be really, really good. Charles Mitchell has the makings of a Baby Barkley. I think Dez Wells being eligible takes a lot of pressure off of Faust to create.

NOW I'm excited about the season! Less than 48 hours away!
Bye bye Beal.
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#1147 » by Higga » Thu Nov 8, 2012 3:49 pm

I know it's unlikely but I hope we kick the **** out of Kentucky to show the Harrison Twins what a mistake they made.

If we landed the twins we would have been Natl Title favorites next year...
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Post#1148 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Nov 8, 2012 7:56 pm

Higga wrote:I know it's unlikely but I hope we kick the **** out of Kentucky to show the Harrison Twins what a mistake they made.

If we landed the twins we would have been Natl Title favorites next year...

This x100

Anyone know what the starting lineup will look like?

PS Back to the twins, I know they want to stay together but I think it was a bad idea by Aaron Harrison to go to KU. James Young (#6 on ESPN Top 100 right behind Aa. Harrison) also commited and there's no way Calipari is going to split enough time for both of them and if they also get Andrew Wiggins it'll be worse. Aaron would've been better off at UMD getting max time and oppurtunity
RealGM

Post#1149 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 8, 2012 9:15 pm

Who are the twins? Aaron who? If they are not interested in Maryland I no longer want to acknowledge them.

Hopefully, the Terps can make a statement Friday night. A win with so many freshmen on the roster would show prospective signees that basketball games are won at UMCP.

Mark Turgeon is surely heading in the right direction. Dez Wells makes this an NCAA team, most likely.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1150 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 9, 2012 12:42 pm

The season starts tonight for the Terps in a nationally televised game to be played in Brooklyn, against Kentucky. This game has mostly a feel good vibe. Dez Wells is eligible. John Calipari and Mark Turgeon are friends from way back when Cal was at Kansas and Turgeon was a player.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ter ... ds-opener/

Dez Wells had Kentucky Coach John Calipari raving during a teleconference for Friday’s Barclays Center Classic, high praise from the coach of the defending national champion. After all, the Wildcats were, at one point, in the race for Wells’s services.

“People don’t understand what Dez does for their team,” Calipari said. “I’m happy for Mark but I’m more happy than Dez. This changes their team. They go from a team that was going to be good to a team that can say, ‘Who in the ACC can’t we compete with?’”

>> Turgeon has spoken at length about his friendship with Calipari, who called Turgeon to schedule this Brooklyn game just minutes after Turgeon stepped off the plane in Maryland. Calipari was a graduate assistant while Turgeon played at Kansas, and inspired his future opponent with his confidence and vocal leadership.

“He showed me some moves to relieve pressure,” Turgeon said. “He was just constantly coaching. Never said you’re not going to make it. Behind me 100 percent, and he coaches that way. Obviously he wasn’t as vocal then as he was now, because Coach [Larry] Brown was our coach, but he wasn’t afraid to give his opinion. I’ll remember that.”

The part of the game that has an edge to it is the recent choice of two players to go to UK over Maryland. Also, Maryland quietly had a top-20 recruiting class, but Kentucky is the one on ESPN getting all the free publicity.

As a Terrapin fan, I hope Seth Allen, Charles Mitchell, and Dez Wells make a loud statement.

UK has the blue chip bigs but the Terps have experienced Gs in Howard and Faust, along with bruising big men. Len has already faced Tyler Zeller, the Plumlee brothers, and Bernard James. I don't think Nerlens Noel will overwhelm him. Hopefully, Maryland's experience and size will stay close and the new additions play hard.

Kentucky is favored because they are an ESPN all access and had the top recruiting class, plus Calipari is the top coach in the game right now. However, the Terps have a shot at this. Not much of one but they have a shot. :)
Bye bye Beal.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#1151 » by miller31time » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:00 am

Great game so far. Terps got down big but because of their hustle and tenacity, they're right back in it down 2 with 10 minutes to go.

Len is beasting.
RealGM

Post#1152 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:20 am

Mitchell grabbed 10 rebounds in 16 minutes. The Terps have a Charles Barkley-esque talent on their hands.

Layman hit a dagger three. That's going to happen a lot.

Seth Allen crossed a player up, penetrated, and looked about three times quicker than Pe'Shon.

Once the young kids move Padgett, Howard, and IMO Faust to the bench; the Terps will improve. They look really good on the boards.

I was disappointed in Howard, Cleare, Aronhalt, Faust, and Wells. Hopefully, Faust and Wells will be okay.
Bye bye Beal.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,954

Post#1153 » by FAH1223 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:31 am

Pe'shon with the loaf of the night. But ACC championship contenders? Definitely. UK is not who we think they are. And if they are, what the hell is Maryland?! Leggo
RealGM

Post#1154 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:45 am

Len is Definitely one-and-done (not counting the cameo last season).

He's going to make a lot of money in the NBA.
Bye bye Beal.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#1155 » by Dat2U » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:56 am

Alex Len reminds me alot of Brook Lopez, maybe even more fluid of an athlete. I'd say he's a good bet to be a very solid NBA player.

Nerlens Noel is a project. Didn't see anything from Noel that wowed me.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,497

Post#1156 » by closg00 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 pm

The Terps are back baby :clap: With Zeller being a Top-3 pick, I hope Len stays another year.
Looking forward to seeing the Terps back in the NCAA tournament.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#1157 » by MikeTheKid » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:51 pm

I gotta say being a UMD Alum I was happy to see the Terps play so well last night. Granite a loss that was a huge confidence booster for the Terps. Len was in BEAST MODE last night and outplayed Noel and already hes got NBA scouts crazy about him in 1 game. If he keeps it up he'll be for sure Top-10 if not Top 5.

Were a definite ACC contender and Im sure we'll be Top 25 within the next 2 weeks but if that was truly UK then they've got problems and we should be Top 15 in the country. WHOOO IM PUMPED THOUGH

PS The game was a barnburner and had way more excitement than the Wiz game
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#1158 » by Higga » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Fear the Turtle. We're back baby. Feels great to have a coach who can actually recruit(love Gary but he was an awful recruiter).
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,954

Post#1159 » by FAH1223 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Higga wrote:Fear the Turtle. We're back baby. Feels great to have a coach who can actually recruit(love Gary but he was an awful recruiter).

+1 8-) Terps will surprise people. The rebounding is much improved. I just hope we can hit shots down the stretch of games.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#1160 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Did anyone else notice how ripped most of the guys looked? Props to Kyle Tarp and the S&C crew for gettting them in shape!

Return to Washington Wizards