Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 2.0 

Post#1981 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 9, 2015 12:46 pm

2016 4* Dematha WR Tino Ellis

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IamTinoEllis/status/553396209248112641[/tweet]
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1982 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:10 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Dn3HvoKxc[/youtube]
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1983 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:17 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/umdwbb/status/554090630448549888[/tweet]
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1984 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:30 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SBJLizMullen/status/554032134080323584[/tweet]
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1985 » by Wizardspride » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Click to read the rest
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terp ... story.html

InsideMDSports: Turgeon, Terps impressing father of blue-chip center Diamond Stone

Maryland men's basketball coach Mark Turgeon's prized jewel, Diamond Stone, has been noticeably quiet this winter. Stone, the nation's top-rated center and No. 6 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite rankings, chose not to sign during the early period in November and has been hard to read throughout his recruitment.

I caught up briefly with his father, Bob Stone, who said there remains no timetable or specific commitment plan for the 6-foot-10 star at Milwaukee's Dominican High, who is considering Maryland, Wisconsin, Connecticut and Oklahoma State, all of which he visited officially this fall.

"Nothing has changed. [We're] watching our schools on TV as much as possible, trying to get a better feel, looking at coaching temperament, style of play" and other things, Bob Stone said.

He added that one thing has stood out about Turgeon: "The patience he shows with some of his younger players," Stone said.

Which leads to an obvious question from a Maryland perspective: The Terps, who have missed the tournament for the past four seasons, are off to an unexpected start and grabbing attention nationally. What have the Stones, who took an official visit to Maryland in October, taken away from Maryland's big first half?

"It shut up a lot of people who questioned why they were on our list," Bob Stone said.
mzaretsk
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

Post#1986 » by mzaretsk » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:40 pm

stone who? we have the dodzilla.

in other news - eddie jordan is in town.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1987 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:03 pm

mzaretsk wrote:stone who? we have the dodzilla.

Yes, that's his real name - Diamond Stone - and he could make a HUGE difference for Maryland - giving them a legit big and allowing Robert Carter, Jr to play his natural PF position. Otoh, he would likely be a 1 and done player, and last I hear - MD is not in the lead in the recruiting battle to get Stone.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1988 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Yes, that's his real name - Diamond Stone - and he could make a HUGE difference for Maryland - giving them a legit big and allowing Robert Carter, Jr to play his natural PF position. Otoh, he would likely be a 1 and done player, and last I hear - MD is not in the lead in the recruiting battle to get Stone.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1989 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:15 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Suns/status/555226053820432384[/tweet]
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 2.0 

Post#1990 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Glad to see that Eddie is doing well, mzaretsk!

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015 ... _jord.html

Rutgers' upset of fourth-ranked Wisconsin on Sunday was emotional for many in the Scarlet Knights' locker room, notably head coach Eddie Jordan.

The second-year coach broke down in tears in his post-game press conference when discussing how his program had "suffered" in recent years. The Rutgers program was torn apart in 2013 after player abuse revelations led to the dismissal of head coach Mike Rice.

"We've suffered and I'm just happy for everyone,'' Jordan said, his voice cracking. "I'm happy for the state, our faculty and everyone who supports us. This is part of the healing process and what we've talked about.

"I love my school, I love this community and I'm happy for it.''

I have a lot of respect and appreciation for Coach Jordan. He is a class act. I am glad to see him mentoring young men. He's at the right place and is the right man for that job.

As a Terps basketball fan, however, I don't want to see a repeat of what happened to the football team. Ralph Friedgen and Rutgers beat Randy Edsall. I like Eddie but I sure hope Coach Mark Turgeon’s basketball team wins.

This is potentially a trap game. Coach Izzo and the Spartans will be seeking revenge next game.
RealGM

Post#1991 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:05 pm

Ruzious wrote:

It's probably U Conn or Maryland.

Ruz, I think Stone very well could choose Maryland. He's from Big 10 country. He probably wants to be away from Wisconsin. Terps have a ton of talent coming board (the PG is going to be outstanding--and so is Carter) and a competent coach.

Kevin. Ollie has won it all, he is African American, and he's a younger guy. I think he is most likely to get Diamond Stone, but Maryland has a legit chance.

*Almost forgot...OK State has one very rich booster. :(
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1992 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:00 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

It's probably U Conn or Maryland.

Ruz, I think Stone very well could choose Maryland. He's from Big 10 country. He probably wants to be away from Wisconsin. Terps have a ton of talent coming board (the PG is going to be outstanding--and so is Carter) and a competent coach.

Kevin. Ollie has won it all, he is African American, and he's a younger guy. I think he is most likely to get Diamond Stone, but Maryland has a legit chance.

*Almost forgot...OK State has one very rich booster. :(

I'm crossing fingers and knocking on wood. According to this http://247sports.com/Bolt/Wisconsin-tre ... e-34710933 Connecticut and Wisconsin are in the lead - with Maryland 3rd.

Kevin Ollie is looking like an excellent coach - particularly in coaching up guards. I believe he backed up Jason Kidd several years, and Kidd had a lot of good things to say about him - as a guy who played PG the right way.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1993 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Click to read the rest
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terp ... story.html

InsideMDSports: Turgeon, Terps impressing father of blue-chip center Diamond Stone

Maryland men's basketball coach Mark Turgeon's prized jewel, Diamond Stone, has been noticeably quiet this winter. Stone, the nation's top-rated center and No. 6 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite rankings, chose not to sign during the early period in November and has been hard to read throughout his recruitment.

I caught up briefly with his father, Bob Stone, who said there remains no timetable or specific commitment plan for the 6-foot-10 star at Milwaukee's Dominican High, who is considering Maryland, Wisconsin, Connecticut and Oklahoma State, all of which he visited officially this fall.

"Nothing has changed. [We're] watching our schools on TV as much as possible, trying to get a better feel, looking at coaching temperament, style of play" and other things, Bob Stone said.

He added that one thing has stood out about Turgeon: "The patience he shows with some of his younger players," Stone said.

Which leads to an obvious question from a Maryland perspective: The Terps, who have missed the tournament for the past four seasons, are off to an unexpected start and grabbing attention nationally. What have the Stones, who took an official visit to Maryland in October, taken away from Maryland's big first half?

"It shut up a lot of people who questioned why they were on our list," Bob Stone said.
RealGM

Post#1994 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:11 am

Home cooking tastes good. Thanks, refs for all the free throws.

Terps pulled it out but it was closer than it should have been.
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1995 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:14 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrianDohnScout/status/556147785758961665[/tweet]
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1996 » by Wizardspride » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:23 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TestudoDave/status/556142920500539393[/tweet]
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1997 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:31 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNCBB/status/556588845140283394[/tweet]
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1998 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:37 am

http://www.testudotimes.com/2015/1/17/7 ... ng-commits

Four-star lineman Quarvez Boulware commits to Maryland, per report

Quarvez Boulware has committed to Maryland, according to Adam Friedman of Rivals. Boulware is a huge piece of Maryland's 2015 class, giving them a 4-star player anchor that they desperately needed. Outside of Isaiah Prince, Boulware was Maryland's biggest target remaining on the board.

The 6-foot-3, 283-pound lineman played tackle until his senior season when Boulware's coaches moved him to guard to aid his recruitment. He also takes reps at center during practice, so he's capable of playing either interior spot at UMD.

Two interior line spots are opening up for the Terps this season with left guard Silvano Altamirano and center Sal Conaboy both set to graduate. With just one year of experience at guard in high school and none at center, Boulware is unlikely to start right away and seems a reasonable candidate to redshirt. If not, he'll provide depth all along the offensive line.

Behind four-star prospects Isaiah Prince and Adam McLean, Boulware is the most highly regarded local commit in Maryland's Class of 2015 and adds a bit more momentum to the Terrapins' "stay-at-home" movement. He was always considered a heavy UMD lean and has visited College Park four times since the start of June, including an official visit in December. Offensive coordinator Mike Locksley led the Terps' recruitment of Boulware
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#1999 » by pineappleheadindc » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:12 am

The 100 page threshold has arrived. New thread to continue the discussion is here.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda

Return to Washington Wizards