ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Maryland Terps Thread 2.0

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,865

Re: Official Maryland Terps Thread 2.0 

Post#1081 » by Wizardspride » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 pm

The Harrison twins have cut thier list down to three schools: Kentucky, Maryland and SMU.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1082 » by Wizardspride » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:57 pm

*When it comes to Andrew Harrison and Aaron Harrison the duo seems to have two leaders clearly emerging behind the scenes. After hearing for a while that it was Kentucky on top, it now seems like Maryland is right there with the Wildcats. Baylor, Villanova, and SMU continue to fight the good fight, but that trio is well behind. For the first time sources seem to be talking about Maryland more and more as a potential destination, but Kentucky absolutely still has to be considered the team to beat going into the home stretch.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,990

Post#1083 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:15 am

The Terps recruiters need to get on the bandwagon by name dropping Under Armour's first import to the DC Area from Texas, Robert Griffin III. The Harrison twins can be next is how the pitch should go.

The Harrison twins probably saw much of RG3's college success at Baylor. They can come to Maryland next and sport all that Under Armour gear in the future. They're going to the NBA from Maryland or Kentucky, that doesn't matter. The Terrapins have to sell not just the Baltimore area, but also DC, and Nova.

Wizardspride, the Orioles, Nationals, and Redskins are all on the upswing. Terp frosh Sam Cassell Jr's dad is part of a Wizards team that is stepping up. If they like Kentucky they like Wall, too, I bet.

The Terps are around so much more than what is happening in Lexington, Kentucky.
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1084 » by Wizardspride » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Terp frosh Sam Cassell Jr's dad is part of a Wizards team that is stepping up.

I guess you haven't heard CCJ. Sam Cassell Jr has been declared ineligible by the NCAA.

He'll more than likely never play a game in a Terps uniform.
RealGM

Post#1085 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:35 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Terp frosh Sam Cassell Jr's dad is part of a Wizards team that is stepping up.

I guess you haven't heard CCJ. Sam Cassell Jr has been declared ineligible by the NCAA.

He'll more than likely never play a game in a Terps uniform.

News to me.

EDITED: I am sorry for the young man and his dad. It had to be very upsetting to be ruled ineligible through no fault of his own. I finally saw some footage of Sam Cassell Jr, and of course he can play.

Everything happens for a reason and I'm sure if he sticks with it he will fulfill his potential on the basketball court. If not at Maryland, he will play for big time program somewhere and he'll put up a lot of points and assists.
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1086 » by Wizardspride » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:38 am

https://twitter.com/GoodmanCBS/statuses ... 5807947776

Jeff GoodmanVerified
‏@GoodmanCBS

Maryland signee Sam Cassell Jr lost his final appeal today - per source. Be interesting to see where he lands now.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1087 » by Ruzious » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:19 pm

It seems like a very unfortunate ruling against Sammy Jr, but it might end up best for him in the long run. I doubt he would have gotten playing time, and likely would have been recruited over. They already had Seth Allen coming in - who's more highly regarded, while P Howard, Aaronhalt, and Faust were going to get the major minutes at guard. Now that Wells is coming, there'd be almost no opportunity for Sam2.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
RealGM

Post#1088 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:46 am

I am very excited about this freshman class at Maryland.

The character of the young men they signed seems apparent. I've been watching postings of Cleare and Layman, and I've seen Charles Mitchell signing. Cleare is a man-child, mature well beyond his years. Layman is a no-nonsense baller. Mitchell looks like a beast. He and Cleare are the two biggest, strongest-looking freshmen I've seen. Seth Allen looks like he's going to be good day one.

Other teams got more blue chip athletes, but these young men have it. I can tell they are going to overachieve. Alex Len won't get pushed around too much this season, either.

Harrison Twins or not, things are really looking up for the Terps basketball program.
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1089 » by Wizardspride » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:30 pm

https://twitter.com/JoshGershon

Josh Gershon ‏@JoshGershon

The Harrison twins showed up but aren't playing yet. One of them is wearing Maryland practice shorts.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1090 » by Wizardspride » Tue Oct 2, 2012 12:22 pm

The Harrison twins have moved up their announcement date to this Thursday (10/4/12)

Basically seems like a done deal for Kentucky.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#1091 » by Halcyon » Tue Oct 2, 2012 1:51 pm

Wizardspride wrote:The Harrison twins have moved up their announcement date to this Thursday (10/4/12)

Basically seems like a done deal for Kentucky.

Based on what?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1092 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 2, 2012 2:15 pm

Either way, I'm glad they're making their decision soon, so the Terps can focus their recruiting on others if they're not coming here. And even if they don't come, they've probably helped MD by putting them in their top 2 - the national exposure has been positive - and it'll probably help if they say something nice about MD on Thursday.

My gut says it's Kentucky, but that's okay. MD will be fine.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
MF23
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#1093 » by MF23 » Tue Oct 2, 2012 3:03 pm

I don't think they're going to Kentucky. My gut says Terps.
Et tu Bilas.
MD
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1094 » by Wizardspride » Tue Oct 2, 2012 3:35 pm

Turgeon and Bino will have an in-home visit with the Harrisons on Wednesday night.

They also had an in-home visit with the Harrisons two weeks ago.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#1095 » by Wizardspride » Tue Oct 2, 2012 3:47 pm

Interesting....

https://twitter.com/EricPrisbell/status ... 9604763648

Eric Prisbell

@EricPrisbell

Harrison Sr. told me college coaches not allowed to call his sons directly. Only person allowed to call them: One Under Armour official.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#1096 » by Higga » Tue Oct 2, 2012 3:50 pm

Hoping and praying we land the twins. That would vault Maryland to immediate top 10 status. Tired of the Terps struggling to make the tourney. We need to go back to being at least a Sweet 16 team every year if not title contenders.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
RealGM

Post#1097 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 2, 2012 7:32 pm

Unless Coach Cal's people clandestinely offered some major inducements, I believe the Harrison Twins are coming to College Park.

Since I like to analzye things, bear with me:

Pro twins to UMCP
1. Under Armour was the sponsor of their AAU team. 2. Shaq Cleare from their AAU team is a Terp. 3. Their dad is a longtime friend of Bino. 4. Dad has much respect for Turgeon from when he was coaching Texas A&M. He knows Turgs is a class guy. 5. The twins have relatives (grand parents) in Baltimore. 6. One twin wore Maryland practice shorts, already.

Con twins
1. Kentucky is a great program that sends guys to the NBA. 2. Coach Cal is a proven winner. 3. UK Nation is powerful and no doubt has rich boosters offering up cheddar in some sort.

All of that said, I like Under Armour. They got Stefon Diggs. The twins have to be impressed with RG3's commercials. They are next if they come to Maryland.

I think they'll be Terps. The maturity level of Layman, Cleare, and Seth Allen is impressive. So is the enthusiasm of bruiser Charles Mitchell. I think Len will stay two seasons. The twins will come into a powerhouse that can beat UK.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1098 » by Ruzious » Tue Oct 2, 2012 7:41 pm

I hope CCJ's analysis and MF's guts prove me wrong. One thing I think might help MD is the 2 major transfers Turgeon got - Wells and Smotrycz. The twins are probably going to want to win it all in their 1 year of college ball, and Turgeon has set up a really good supporting cast to help them do it. That team would be... how you say... freaking loaded.
RealGM

Post#1099 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 2, 2012 8:46 pm

Then again …

I missed this rumor/story from two weeks ago:

http://dc.sbnation.com/maryland-terrapi ... in/3004201

Harrison Twins, Father At Odds Over Choice, According To Report

Andrew and Aaron Harrison have a different opinion than their father on where they should go to college, a Division 1 source close to the recruitment told SNY.tv.

"The boys want to go to Kentucky, the dad wants them to go to Maryland," the source said. "The dad's from there. He and [Maryland coach] Mark Turgeon have known each other a long time since Mark's days at Texas A&M. But the boys want to go to Kentucky
."

If they are like my oldest son I know what this means. They'll go to UK. They should follow their heart, but their dad is going to eventually be the one to say live with your decisions, for better or worse.

But if they do, hello Roddy Peters.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1100 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Oct 2, 2012 10:22 pm

This is the latest, from just minutes ago (10/2)

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/10/02/2357 ... final.html

The elder Harrison said the twins, who are ranked No. 2 and 3 in the country by Scout.com, seem to have already made a decision, but he doesn't know what it is.

"I guess they have (decided)," he said. "We have an agreement, basically, that they will just say it on TV and everyone will be surprised and I'll leave it alone."

Maryland Coach Mark Turgeon will make one last trip to Houston on Wednesday in an attempt to either reinforce or reverse the Harrisons' decision. It'll be Turgeon's third visit to see the twins since the contact period began last month.

John Calipari, who visited the twins on the first day of the contact period, has been to Houston twice in the past few weeks. Their father declined to name the date of the UK coach's second (and previously unknown) visit.

"He asked me not to disclose that, but he has been here (twice)," he said.

And then there's SMU. The elder Harrison said the Mustangs are a legitimate option for his sons. And there's one reason for that interest.

"They have Larry Brown at their school," he said. "You guys don't know my kids like I know them. Andrew could tell you everything there is to know about Larry Brown. ... He definitely was a fan of Allen Iverson. Andrew's a basketball buff kind of guy. He watches the classic NBA channel 24/7."

Turgeon visits Wednesday, but I'm thinking it's an 11th hour thing. He wouldn't go if they were coming. :(
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards