ImageImageImageImageImage

WizBoard 08-09 Season Predictions Thread

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,346

Re: WizBoard 08-09 Season Predictions Thread 

Post#101 » by nate33 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:23 pm

lupin wrote:Didn't Haywood go down before the season started? How could we all be so far off (except doclinkin's spleen)? Even his own fan club seems to have underestimated his value to the team.

I was thinking Arenas would be back by January.

I figured losing Haywood for most of the season might cost us 15 games but getting Arenas back for half a season would make up 6 games. That should have left us with a 34-win season. I banked on a little improvement out of Young and Blatche to get us to 37 wins.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#102 » by BigA » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:10 pm

The things most of us probably didn't count on:

(1) Daniels's play falling off a cliff, leading to the trade for James and Crittenton.

(2) Stevenson being awful/hurt and then gone.

We reached a tipping point somewhere in there.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,364

Post#103 » by doclinkin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:48 pm

BigA wrote:The things most of us probably didn't count on:

(1) Daniels's play falling off a cliff, leading to the trade for James and Crittenton.

(2) Stevenson being awful/hurt and then gone.

We reached a tipping point somewhere in there.

I figured Gil would be back at some point this year. I didn't guess he'd be gone the whole season. Otherwise some of this was predictable.

doclinkin wrote:Though usually the heart is an optimist, this year I get a bad funny feeling.

The heart suspects Daniels is vulnerable to getting dinged up this year; and while I expect JDix to surprise collective fan memory and prove to be a much-improved court lieutenant, still Dee Brown is a second year player who has struggled with Point-guard type decision making for many years. Too many games without Daniels --and possibly zero with Haywood-- suggest to both head and head that this year will be disorganized, small, defensively challenged, and may ask the starters to do too much.

The Head also adds that Roger Mason was a defensively underrated cog in last year's surprising success, showing up in most of the Wiz' best defensive lines [...] He was pretty mistake free, and having him on court was not defensively suspenseful, unlike, say, Nick Young or Juan Dixon his primary replacements.

doclinkin wrote:Oh, Spleen wanted me to mention that DeShawn Stephenson has looked like ass, and seems like he's sulking for loss of his boyfriend Gilbert Arenas. He's been perfectly worthless out there and if he doesn't get his act together and play regardless he should quit and give the money back, at elast until Gilbert comes back and he can feed off his media scraps like some sort of remora sucker fish swimming with sharks.

Spleen is having none of it. Spleen called for 24 wins, by total accident with various midseason firings and a long dark glacier of doom thereafter. Spleen and ji would get along great. But nobody listens to spleen anyway.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#104 » by Dat2U » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:12 pm

Your spleen is very wise doc. Your spleen and I would get along well too.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#105 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:27 pm

All we need to do is finish on a 10 game winning streak, and I beat the Spleen. :rocking:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,364

Post#106 » by doclinkin » Sun Apr 5, 2009 3:03 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Nick's injury falls squarely on the shoulders of this bungling mod crew, especially Rent-A-Mod who brain fartedly stickied this bloody thread. This would never happen under my watch!

Matter Fact, and I looked it up, this entire season lies on the shoulders of two people: JWizmentality and Miller31time.

What happened was MOrgil started the season-opening game thread. A no frills thread with humble aspirations and an earnest and timely interest in the game. Then JWiz whined and wheedled as though somehow he was owed the season opener, and miller blocked the MOrgil thread allowing JWiz to post the usual bloated ego-gratifying masturbatory monstrosity with the T&A in abundance and such.
Does JWiz continue to tar and feather Millertime's arse at Gamethreads?
And all that tired garbage.

The rest is history. Now if we end up winning the Blake Griffin sweepstakes fine, they get the credit, hooray, and must promise not to violate protocol again on punishment of being stripped of modship or being banned outright. But if not, well gents, it's tar and feathers and universal disdain.

Must remember gents, it's not about you, it's about the team...
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#107 » by Ji » Sun Apr 5, 2009 8:12 pm

I went 29-53 and i was generous lol

Return to Washington Wizards