ImageImageImageImageImage

Eddie Jordan has a double standard

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Eddie Jordan has a double standard 

Post#1 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:02 am

Veterans have a leash the size of Russia. The rooks and youngins have no margin for error.

Darius Songaila in the span of 25 minutes had 1 rebound. This is with him playing a lot of minutes as our Center. There was no defense in the paint in the fourth quarter. Detroit had 16 offensive rebounds. I repeat 16 offensive rebounds.

I know this could have gone in any EFJ sucks thread. But this is beyond stupid. I believe this team has talent and a lot of untapped potential. I don't think we will ever see it until this buffoon is coaching this team. What happened tonight is the story of the Wizards the past 5 years.

People say the Wizards fight hard under injuries. bull. This team is talented. Legit talented and there is one guy holding it back:

Taking a poop on my team as every second passes by. Now call me a debbie downer, pessimist, whiner or whatever. I want this team to win and if you think Eddie can coach this team to anywhere besides mediocrity, your opinion sucks and your wrong.

/end rant
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: Eddie Jordan has a double standard 

Post#2 » by mohammed10 » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:04 am

Perhaps we should rekindle the Wizboard Dirty 30 thread.

+1 Gilbert, +1

And just in case...
IBTL
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#3 » by mhd » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:05 am

Preach on. One rebound in 25 minutes is pathetic. McGee could get one rebound out of bed.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#4 » by Wizardspride » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:06 am

I know Grunfeld sees the same things about EJ that we do. Unfortunately, Mr. Pollin has a soft spot in his heart for EJ.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#5 » by mohammed10 » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:07 am

Blatche plays 4 TOTAL minutes and McGee never takes off the warm-ups.

Wow, simply awful coaching
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#6 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:07 am

mohammed10 wrote:Perhaps we should rekindle the Wizboard Dirty 30 thread.

+1 Gilbert, +1

And just in case...
IBTL

IBTL on my own thread. You can lock my thread but you can't lock the truth!
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#7 » by mhd » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:09 am

We should comment to Ivan Carter about this crap that Songaila calls playing basketball. One rebound from a bigman is inexcusable.
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#8 » by TheBigThree » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:10 am

Every time I hear how EJ has done such a fantastic job I cringe.

I think we may have won that game if Blatche or even McGee had sniffed the floor in the second half. At least EJ had the sense to sit Brickshawn most of the second half in favor of nick. The offense was much smoother then Juan was running it too.
spaceman_E
Sixth Man
And1: 30

Post#9 » by spaceman_E » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:19 am

I'm pretty sure "Brickshawn" was like 4-5 in the 2nd half and didn't Jamison have 3 rebounds in twice as many minutes last game? Well, 3boards in 40 mins or 1 in 25, close enough. I guess we should bench AJ too.
You don't win friends with salad.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#10 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:24 am

spaceman_E wrote:I'm pretty sure "Brickshawn" was like 4-5 in the 2nd half and didn't Jamison have 3 rebounds in twice as many minutes last game? Well, 3boards in 40 mins or 1 in 25, close enough. I guess we should bench AJ too.

Here come the sorry apologists. AJ helps this team 100x more than Songaila.

Songaila is a scrub who should not see more than 10 minutes a game. The fact he played 25+ minutes with more than 90% of them at C is a joke. A **** joke. We let up 16 offensive rebounds. Why do you think that happen genius?
WizBiz
Assistant Coach
And1: 27

Post#11 » by WizBiz » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:29 am

Hey now, let's not attack each other...
spaceman_E
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by spaceman_E » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:31 am

I only spoke the truth. I'm sure AJ would suck too if we played him at PG so I guess that makes me a DSong apologist really. I only noticed the double standard with a couple stupid things Etan did, not song. But you are right, there is a double standard and EJ could have given us a better chance to win by playing Mcgee or Blatche more in the 2nd half.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#13 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:33 am

spaceman_E wrote:I only spoke the truth. I'm sure AJ would suck too if we played him at PG so I guess that makes me a DSong apologist really. I only noticed the double standard with a couple stupid things Etan did, not song. But you are right, there is a double standard and EJ could have given us a better chance to win by playing Mcgee or Blatche more in the 2nd half.

You are not a DSong apologist. I have nothing against DSong. Used properly he is a decent player to have.

I do have a problem with the guy running this team who for the past two years thinks Songaila can log heavy minutes as a center. I don't know what needs to happen before he realizes that small ball with him does not work?
TheBigThree
Starter
And1: 124

Post#14 » by TheBigThree » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:43 am

spaceman_E wrote:I'm pretty sure "Brickshawn" was like 4-5 in the 2nd half and didn't Jamison have 3 rebounds in twice as many minutes last game? Well, 3boards in 40 mins or 1 in 25, close enough. I guess we should bench AJ too.
I think you're wrong about Deshawn. But nothing you say can change the fact that he's a chucker. Besides, Nick was clearly getting it done.

Anyway, I just don't get the logic in hanging Darius out to dry like EJ did tonight. Darius was one of our best players in the second half of last year and in the playoffs. It's just he's not a center, he can't jump at all. There's no reason to keep him out there and make him look bad.

Just look around the league at young players logging heavy(ish) minutes and contributing. We're going to struggle this season without Gil and Haywood, why not try and test Blatche and see what McGee has to offer?
spaceman_E
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by spaceman_E » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:48 am

How am I an eddie Jordan apologist then? I never mentioned anything about the coach. I just don't overreact to 1 game like some(you) do.
spaceman_E
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by spaceman_E » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:55 am

Nick was getting it done and that's why he played the whole rest of the 2nd half. I think Deshawn is shooting more because the pressure is on him to score more often with Gil out so he might be pressing a little.
And 1 rebound at PF would have been unacceptable for Darius as well so it's more on the player than the coach, but then again it was probably just variance in this 1 game (very small sample size).
I'm just guessing that he was trying to teach Blatche some sort of lesson tonight and was worried Sheed the vet would take advantage of Mcgee the rook (probably true). At the same time, I agree with you guys about playing the young bigs, just not as blindly.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#17 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Nov 2, 2008 3:01 am

spaceman_E wrote:How am I an eddie Jordan apologist then? I never mentioned anything about the coach. I just don't overreact to 1 game like some(you) do.

Spaceman, its not one game. Songaila getting minutes at C has been happening since he joined the team. Nobody would complain if he got spot minutes at PF but 20+ a game as a C is everything that is stupid.
spaceman_E
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by spaceman_E » Sun Nov 2, 2008 3:07 am

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:
spaceman_E wrote:How am I an eddie Jordan apologist then? I never mentioned anything about the coach. I just don't overreact to 1 game like some(you) do.

Spaceman, its not one game. Songaila getting minutes at C has been happening since he joined the team. Nobody would complain if he got spot minutes at PF but 20+ a game as a C is everything that is stupid.

But... I... agree with you...
You just got upset that someone questioned what you said.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#19 » by Wizards2Lottery » Sun Nov 2, 2008 3:11 am

spaceman_E wrote:But... I... agree with you...

**** really. Well thanks for wasting my time :roll:

jk
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#20 » by dandridge 10 » Sun Nov 2, 2008 4:23 am

GilbertOArenas

I don't think EJ is a genius by any means, but I think its ridiculous to blame EJ for every frickin' loss or poor play by the Wizards. Songalia, while a bit undersized, was very instrumental in this game even being close. In the first half, Sangalia was playing the pick and roll very effectively, was very active on defense and was setting some really solid picks. If you taped the game, watch it again because you will notice that a lot of the open looks N1 and Juan got were from picks set by Sangalia. You look at one stat and conclude that playing Sangalia was a failure. However, I look at it as the Wizards probably would not have been in the game at all if EJ had not gone to small ball in the second quarter.

Was Sangalia solely responsible for all the offensive rebounds by the Pistons? Hell no. When you are playing undersized, EVERYONE has to box out. Half the rebounds the Pistons were getting were from the guard and small forward positions, which means that our guards and small forwards were not boxing out, not Sangalia.

Would I have liked EJ to play Blatche and McGee in the second half to see if Blatche could redeem himself and McGee could guard the paint a little better? Yes. However, I can understand why EJ wanted to send a message to Blatche for basically getting his a** handed to him by one of the worst offensive players in the league because of lazy defense. And, I can see why he didn't throw McGee into a game to guard mostly veteran players for fear of what the results could do to the kids confidence. And, of course, Etan was just plain junk.

Finally, I don't understand your point about a double standard. EJ did not yank Blatche for poor play. E.J. yanked Blatche for LAZY play. Even if you believe Songalia played poorly, you certainly can't say that he was not hustling and trying. There is a big difference between the two. There was no double standard, at least in this game.

Yeah, go ahead and call me an EJ apologist if you like. Even if it is untrue, I'd rather be called an EJ apologist than a whiner that cries "its EJ's fault" after every single loss.

Return to Washington Wizards