ImageImageImageImageImage

Fantasy Question (Arenas)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

jhern87
Starter
And1: 128

Fantasy Question (Arenas) 

Post#1 » by jhern87 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:57 pm

I picked up Gilbert with my last pick in my fantasy league and was just wondering how his recovery is going from surgery? And I wanted to know if any of you knew when he was expected to return? Any info is useful and thanks for reading this post.
jhern87
Starter

Re: Fantasy Question (Arenas) 

Post#2 » by jhern87 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Wow.. 20 views and still now responses? is the news really that bad?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,326

Post#3 » by nate33 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:31 pm

He is scheduled to retur in mid-December. Knowing what we know about the Wizards medical staff, none of us believe it. He'll probably come back in January. How effective will he be when he returns? Your guess is as good as ours.

Knowing Arenas, his jumper will probably still be good. Heck, he'll probably shoot a thousand jumpers a day in the month prior to returning. But chances are his defense and slashing ability will be impaired by rustiness and a general fear of reinjury. Expect fewer free throw attempts and more turnovers than usual. He might actually get more assists than normal though. In limited minutes during the playoffs last year after a season of inactivity, he showed remarkably improved court vision.
jhern87
Starter

Post#4 » by jhern87 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:41 pm

nate33 wrote:He is scheduled to retur in mid-December. Knowing what we know about the Wizards medical staff, none of us believe it. He'll probably come back in January. How effective will he be when he returns? Your guess is as good as ours.

Knowing Arenas, his jumper will probably still be good. Heck, he'll probably shoot a thousand jumpers a day in the month prior to returning. But chances are his defense and slashing ability will be impaired by rustiness and a general fear of reinjury. Expect fewer free throw attempts and more turnovers than usual. He might actually get more assists than normal though. In limited minutes during the playoffs last year after a season of inactivity, he showed remarkably improved court vision.

Well thanks for the info Nate! much appreciated. I wish you guys the best this season.

Return to Washington Wizards