ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Sucky DeShawn Stevenson thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: The Amazingly Sucky DeShawn Stevenson thread 

Post#101 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:45 am

How are we going to get rid of this guy? He just sucks and it's getting worse by the game.

He should have been the one traded before AD. Come on EG. Put us out of our misery already.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/ ... erId%3d808

PER of 7 LMAO

Please put him on the bench behind Dixon. He can't even make a FT anymore. He is mental. And hand waving thing is just annoying and immature. Grow up dude. Your making a fool of yourself. The TV announcer even commented on it.

And so much of this is his own doing. He shot himself in the foot dating back to the Lebron thing. I said it then that is was stupid, immature and selfish. Now look at him. Idiot. I don't want him on our team with so many young players.

Either bury him on the bench or trade him.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#102 » by mhd » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:51 am

hands11 wrote:How are we going to get ride of this guy? He just sucks and it's getting worse by the game.

He should have been the one traded before AD. Come on EG. Put us out of our misery already.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/ ... erId%3d808

PER of 7 LMAO

Please put him on the bench behind Dixon. He can't even make a FT anymore. He is mental. And hand waving thing is just annoying and immature. Grow up dude. Your making a fool of yourself. The TV announcer even commented on it.

And so much of this is his own doing. He shot himself in the foot dating back to the Lebron thing. I said it then that is was stupid, immature and selfish. Now look at him. Idiot. I don't want him on our team with so many young players.

Either bury him on the bench or trade him.

Hands, I just don't see any way D-Suckashawn can be traded. Why would ANY team want him? They know he sucks too. If he had a contract that expired in 2010, that would be one thing. However, he's got a contract that expires in 2011. And unlike Songaila (who's been frankly excellent this year), D-Suckashawn has simply been horrid. The best we could do is do what Minny did last year by trading down in the draft and forcing a team to take his contract (like Minny did with Jaric).

I'll try and find some ways to get rid of him, but I think its an impossible job.
hands11
Banned User

Post#103 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:11 am

I knew it was going to take a few games to get him stuck on the bench. He wasn't going to go from starting to last man up.

Come on Nick. Get your game going already so we can bench this fool.

LOL FG .313 Lower the DMAC. LMAO.
posting.php?mode=reply&f=35&t=854873
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#104 » by fishercob » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:16 am

I have not ripped Stevenson yet this year. Frankly, I was surprised that he was as productive as he was last year, because I really thought he needed (1) Gilbert and (2) to be a 4th or 5th option on offense to be effective. When he originally showed up in town, he understood his role and played it well, subjugating his game to that of better players, and mostly taking open shots.

Well that's over and done with. I can handle the poor shooting on a certain level. But the poor shooting along with the awful shot selection is entirely unacceptable. Taking jumpers off the dribble, early in the shot clock, when there are far better players on the floor shows that Deshawn has gone completely off the reservation.

And here's the other thing. He's a huge ball of bad karma. You know how Luke Skywalker freaks out about "endangering the mission?" Well, as long as Deshawn is on this team, the basketball gods are going to punish us. He ran his mouth last year and got punked. He's having a terrible year and has to gall to do that ridiculous, juvenile gesture again -- as if he's worthy enough to play Reggie Miller-type villian to the Cleveland fans. He's not good enough to expend one solitary ounce of concentration on anything other than the task at hand. Stop trying to be an entertainer. You're not Gilbert.

Ernie's got to get rid of this ass clown. This Wizarsd team has been too much fun to root for for the past several years to have it ruined by this complete fool. Bench him. Trade him. Cut him. Send him to the D-League. But do something.

He's endangering the mission.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#105 » by 99 Problems » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:09 am

Lol, I don't think its going to work this time guys..
WIZKID
Senior
And1: 14

Post#106 » by WIZKID » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:44 am

Etan is lonely, he needs company at the end of the bench.

Deshawn could be his friend

They could bring up the third team

Maybe they could do a poetic rap where Deshawn waves his hand in frt of his face and in a not
so deep a voice as etan's, sings "Cant shoot" and Etan when would fill in the blank, "Cant catch" A
much deeper versions than Deshawns. The melody would be " We got millions to suck"

Then maybe The Wiz could actually get Hughes back and he could do the "Can't stay healthy the whole year" to kinda bring it home if you ya know what i mean.

I smell top 40
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#107 » by Kanyewest » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:48 pm

DeShawn is clearly injured. Playing on one leg for almost two years has caught up to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he needs knee surgery and understandably he's scared to go under the knife from the Wizards medical staff.
hands11
Banned User

Post#108 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Kanyewest wrote:DeShawn is clearly injured. Playing on one leg for almost two years has caught up to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he needs knee surgery and understandably he's scared to go under the knife from the Wizards medical staff.

So that's what the problem is. Funny, cause I saw him run like lightening down the court on that fast break when he stole the ball during the Cleveland game. Looked fine to me.

The only knife he needs to go under is for a frontal lobotomy. He rolled the dice for himself and the team and he lost. He should have just shut his trap and played ball. If he was good enough to stop LeBron, everyone else would have done the talking for him. What a clown.

All that stuff with the rapper thing last year was just idiotic. It's all coming back to me. EFJ had no control over his team. Cut him. Bench him. I don't care. With EFJ gone he is easily the most hated Wizard and is my new project to be dealt with by this team.

Thank God he isn't starting anymore. Now we needs to get him to OP status. An after thought.

Putting him next to Etan is an insult to Etan. Etan desires most respect then that. I can at least see us using Etan in a useful role where he can contribute effectively. Etan at least has heart surgery and a missed season on his side. Etan only does stupid stuff like fighting with Haywood, he doesn't call out KG.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#109 » by nate33 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:59 pm

Kanyewest wrote:DeShawn is clearly injured. Playing on one leg for almost two years has caught up to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he needs knee surgery and understandably he's scared to go under the knife from the Wizards medical staff.

He may be, but injuries don't explain the lousy FT shooting. Stevenson is a basket case. He has lost all confidence. He needs to take some time off, go to Bangkok or something. Clear his head and come back in 3 weeks.
hands11
Banned User

Post#110 » by hands11 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:41 pm

I had to come back and give DSleezy some special props for the OKL game.

First off, the knee looked fine.

But what impressed me the most about him was, he played effectively. The man has been ice cold shooting but there are other things he can contribute and that is what he focused on doing. It was like he changed his mental approach to something more in line with what DMAC is doing. He went back to the style he played when he first got here. He did what he could do effectively.

He just triedto defend and dish assists. He only took 3 shots in 31 minutes. That was his best game in a long time. I gained some respect for him after watching him change his focus. I don't even think he did the stupid hand waving things after his made shot.

Props the DeShawn.
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Post#111 » by cavsfan_osiris » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:04 pm

hands11 wrote:I had to come back and give DSleezy some special props for the OKL game.

First off, the knee looked fine.

But what impressed me the most about him was, he played effectively. The man has been ice cold shooting but there are other things he can contribute and that is what he focused on doing. It was like he changed his mental approach to something more in line with what DMAC is doing. He went back to the style he played when he first got here. He did what he could do effectively.

He just triedto defend and dish assists. He only took 3 shots in 31 minutes. That was his best game in a long time. I gained some respect for him after watching him change his focus. I don't even think he did the stupid hand waving things after his made shot.

Props the DeShawn.

I didn't see the OKL game, but what you described is exactly what I expect from Stevenson.
much respect to the 2011-2012 champions, Miami Heat, well deserved
hands11
Banned User

Post#112 » by hands11 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:06 pm

DSleezy 2 solid games in a row.

He is playing with a DMAC attitude. He is doing what he can do effectively.

He nailed an important late shot to help us beat Houston in Houston. HUGE.
Goes to show it's mental because he had no choice but to take that shot with the clock running down. But given time at the FT line soon after, he was only 1-2

This is exactly the type of ball he needs to play if he is to rebuild his confidence.

DS is slowly climbing out of my dog house.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#113 » by Kanyewest » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:29 pm

I wouldn't call that last shot he made as playing within himself. Still, if Stevenson can shoot a respectable %, I won't complain.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#114 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:46 pm

It's very simple..check the sig.

Nick starts two games, we are 2-0

cwb3
Rookie
And1: 85

Post#115 » by cwb3 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:50 pm

DeShawn is our rodeo clown.
montestewart wrote:Players really should wait until they're rookie coaches to become GMs.
hands11
Banned User

Post#116 » by hands11 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:39 am

Kanyewest wrote:I wouldn't call that last shot he made as playing within himself. Still, if Stevenson can shoot a respectable %, I won't complain.

Yeah, I said that. For that one shot he didn't have a choice. No time to think. He just reacted.

Other then that, he isn't forcing anything the last 2 games which is smart of him and good for us.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#117 » by nate33 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:28 am

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:It's very simple..check the sig.

Nick starts two games, we are 2-0

Even though Young has played lousy, I think you have a point there. Stevenson definitely looks more comfortable coming off the bench.
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#118 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:38 am

I dont think we could get a 7th round pick if there ever was one for stevenson. Thats how bad he is.

His play makes his value negative, if that even makes sense. LOL. He is just bad.

He is untradeable.
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

maybe the Nats, in like 10 years
thelocksmith
Ballboy

Post#119 » by thelocksmith » Sat Jan 3, 2009 9:09 am

And now the Health Tracker says he has a disc problem that has been bothering him since pre-season... I may be going out on a limb here but I bet that disc problem has affected his shot and his play on the court. He was an effective ball player before, and guys like that don't decline drastically in every shooting category like he has without some kind of ailment. His poor play could be something that goes beyond a mental block. I've bashed Stevenson before, but I'll wait to see how this injury caries out before I make another judgment.
beretta90
Ballboy

the official releasing of desuck thread 

Post#120 » by beretta90 » Thu Feb 5, 2009 11:34 pm

someone pleae get rid of this guy. hes horrible. he takes away minutes from players who deserve it. juan dixon is a million times better n should b starting. nick young is way better n critennton has way more skill. anyone see the sports illustrated article about wich nba player thinks hes better than he actually is n setevenson got the most votes. anyway heres my starting lineup

pg crittenton
sg dixon
sf butler
pf jamison
c blatche

6th man- nick young

Return to Washington Wizards