ImageImageImageImageImage

Interim Coach Eddie. Tapscott appreciation thread.

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Interim Coach Eddie. Tapscott appreciation thread. 

Post#41 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:38 pm

I posted this in another thread but it belongs here also.

Post the Chicago Win.

We are currently on a 4-4 run without either GA or Haywood. We still don't have a starting quality center but DSong is a solid vet who can at least hold down the position against average teams.

I think it's time for people to, at a min, get off Tapps back while it would be far to give him some credit for keeping this team competitive and bringing some younger players along.

DMAC had a nice round game.
NY come in and played his role without over playing his role
Blatche contributed nicely. Showed some nice drives and a nice outside shot with some blocks
McGee is all energy. He is still all over the place. Doesn't play efficiently but he is gamer.
OP - yes, there was an OP sitting and he played under control. Made a nice pump and pop move.
Crit - he didn't have a great game offensively but 12 min 4 rebounds 2 assist was a contribution.

DSong was effective and a stabilizing force. He just plays sound basketball 6-6 and all fight.
CB was guarded tight all game but didn't force things. 5-11, 1-3, 3-3, 7 boards, 6 assists 14 pts - Glue
AJ was all AJ. Double Double 9-18, 11 boards, 2 assists, 27 pts

This team has 2 star vets, 1 solid average vet - DSong, and someone close to a vet in James.
Then it's a bunch of kids.

6 young players contributed tonight. Right now, that is our team. That's what Tapps has to work with. There aren't enough vets to turn to without Haywood, Etan, DS, or GA.
Not a small challenge.

This team is still progressing tough. With only 14 wins and this late in the season, Tapps still has them working to get better. He hasn't lost the team. He has been on everyone to play smarter ball and tougher D and I saw that last night. He also needs the younger players to contribute and play smart and I mostly saw that also. And since they did, he gave them more time on the court when it mattered. AJ did everything he did in only 29 mins. CB got 36 mins while DMAC played 39 mins. That's a first ever. We played 10 players total.

That was a superbly coached game that was the result of some good consistent coaching off the court. Tapps deserves some recognition for that.

Return to Washington Wizards