ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizards in the Media Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

ZaelleDC
Ballboy
And1: 5

Feel Proud Fans Highest Ratings Since 2006 

Post#1021 » by ZaelleDC » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:12 pm

The Wizards are being watched and garnering attention nationwide. Everyone now can clearly see and respect the hard work of the players, coaches and management and how competitive the team has become. 3.29 household rating in the DC market on TNT and 2.05 on Comcast makes this the highest combined since 2006. Wizards fever is in full effect and the ratings will hopefully continue to rise. This will also be beneficial in attracting free agents. The support from the fans and home crowd on Friday and Sunday will be monumental.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,215

Re: Feel Proud Fans Highest Ratings Since 2006 

Post#1022 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Were being taken over by all the Monumental Employees
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1023 » by fishercob » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Wizards in the Media thread. IBTM
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,885

Post#1024 » by TGW » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:21 pm

millelie alias tbh.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,970

Post#1025 » by DCZards » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:24 pm

TGW wrote:millelie alias tbh.

I think you're right...I'm betting that ZaelleDC and millelie is the same person.
Illmatic21
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 554

Post#1026 » by Illmatic21 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Thanks for the update Mrs Leonsis
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#1027 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:26 pm

DCZards wrote:
TGW wrote:millelie alias tbh.

I think you're right...I'm betting that ZaelleDC and millelie is the same person.

IP Address check
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: Wizards in the Media Thread 

Post#1028 » by mohammed10 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:46 pm

So just as a little refresher...

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#1029 » by MikeTheKid » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:50 pm

^^^I just tweeted that to Wall and Beal
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#1030 » by sashae » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Ugh, HTF did the Wizards get dragged into this STUPID Sterling stuff.

ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#1031 » by dlts20 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:36 pm

this is crazy but this is the most hype Ive seen a Wiz team get in a million years, even moreso then the big 3 Wiz. Seems like people value this team more. Alot of realgm fans from other teams are picking us to be very solid and some even better then that. Alot of media are saying we could be a real team to watchout for. Wall made the All Star team, won the dunk contest, and played well in the game. Beal did great in the 3pt contest and had a great postseason. We added some solid pieces including a very very big "name" in Pierce. Then you got people talking about a super mega star in KD maybe coming here.

My point in making this post is to ask how many national tv games do you think we recieve this year? Weve basically had 0 since Gil got hurt and wasnt even a ton then. I think people also felt we were exciting to watch so I could see them wanting to schedule us more. Still have alot of teams and star names to climb over so we may just get a ton of NBA TV games which is still solid but I want some mainstream games. I could also see us playing opening night at like Chicago or some other kinda marquee games
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#1032 » by MikeTheKid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:41 pm

dlts20 wrote:My point in making this post is to ask how many national tv games do you think we recieve this year? Weve basically had 0 since Gil got hurt and wasnt even a ton then. I think people also felt we were exciting to watch so I could see them wanting to schedule us more. Still have alot of teams and star names to climb over so we may just get a ton of NBA TV games which is still solid but I want some mainstream games. I could also see us playing opening night at like Chicago or some other kinda marquee games

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the CLE/WIZ games are on ESPN this season also with tv analysts not giving us much of a chance in that 1st round of the playoffs because they didnt really watch us on TV during the season I think stomping the Bulls the way we did in the 1st round opened the door for a lot of televised games for us.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#1033 » by keynote » Tue Aug 5, 2014 12:48 am

FYI, NBAtv is showing a Hardwood Classics: Bullets-Heat (Zo scores 50). It's not a happy memory, but you get to watch a healthy Brent Price and a healthy Muresean.

Man, that was a stinky team. Eackles and Cheaney as the wings!? Oof.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#1034 » by Dat2U » Tue Aug 5, 2014 5:51 am

keynote wrote:FYI, NBAtv is showing a Hardwood Classics: Bullets-Heat (Zo scores 50). It's not a happy memory, but you get to watch a healthy Brent Price and a healthy Muresean.

Man, that was a stinky team. Eackles and Cheaney as the wings!? Oof.

I think C-Webb & Sheed were also on that team just injured.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1035 » by Wizardspride » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:10 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WashWizards/status/514509474246455297[/tweet]
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#1036 » by Wizardspride » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:12 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WashWizards/status/514529171004194816[/tweet]
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#1037 » by keynote » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:30 pm

Nice bit on Deadspin about Gortat's no mohawk.

http://deadspin.com/marcin-gortat-gets- ... 1638699826
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
WallWithTheDime
Banned User
And1: 111

Wall Vs Tony Kornheiser 

Post#1038 » by WallWithTheDime » Thu Oct 2, 2014 1:01 am

I was listening to Tony Kornballheiser Radio Show ( LOCATED IN WASHINGTON DC)....COUGH COUGH..... He said that Wizards John Wall is wrong and basically bashing any success Wizards had in regards to his comments. I don't know why I listened to this guy. FIRST OF ALL Why say these things and diminish the Wizards success by saying Wizards haven't accomplished anything at all, and haven't done anything in regards to Wall making those comments. Tony Kornball knows nothing about the Wizards I guess and there goals and accomplishments within 1 year and apparently he doesn't care about.

He said this reminds him of RGIII laughing and poking fun. ....Guess what Tony Kornball the wizards are doing things, you aren't covering them anymore. If you don't understand this is a team that needed confidence and YOU ARE THE REASON WALL HAS ALL THIS CRITICISM BY CONSTANTLY UNDERRATING HIM AND HIS PERFORMANCES

I will say this too, I take Kornball's opinion with a grain of salt, when he said Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are a better back court, then said Klay Thompson and Curry are better

He also said "Mr. Wall we will see how you do with these expectations"

Also some girl who was on his radio show said "Who was the wizard who said these young players don't have any leadership capabilities" PAUSED FOR 2 MINUTES....."Oh yea I think it was number 42....whos that guy"
.....some random British guy after a 2 minute pause again said...."he played for Brazil...."oh yea Nene" she said it happened last season.

It seems to me these people know don't know a thing and don't deserve the cheap radio station they have in DC if they DISRESPECT the franchise Point Guard who's coming off their best year they all deserve to have to lose their jobs.

Let's see what Tony Kornball said..... I find it EXTREMELY funny that your buddy Michael Wilbon said very positive things about the Wizards saying they have potential to be #3 IN THE EAST while you showed your true enthusiasm with your dopey remarks about an up and coming team,

http://www.monumentalnetwork.com/videos/michael-wilbon-tony-kornheiser-on-wizards-9-11-14

While we have something to cheer about this year, I hope you have fun making lame comments on ESPN and being a laughing stock, while covering baseball for the majority of the time on your cheap radio station.

P.S When your young you make comments with cockiness arrogance that's how you set yourself up. , if your good you bring it, also HE SAID ALL THIS WHILE AGREEING WITH THIS CO HOSTS THAT MICHAEL PHELPS DESERVES MORE RESPECT AFTER BEING ARRESTED AND THAT HE THINKS HE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE AFTER SWERVING AND THEY SAID HE HAD A POSSIBILITY OF KILLING PEOPLE AND HIMSELF after Him driving while intoxicated..
gushing about how he's big in Baltimore

PS.S I REMEMBER WHEN STEPH CURRY SAID HE WAS A BETTER OFFENSIVE PLAYER THEN LEBRON AND THE MEDIA ATE IT UP AND SAID OH HE HAS A POINT, HES A BETTER 3P SHOOTER.....ESPN bias.

He had Bob Ryan on earlier talking about books and Jeter thing, wow this guy is real lame, have fun talking about baseball and irrelevant things.
I vouch for the firing of Tony Kornball from espn980

P.S.S if you don't care about the wizards, WHY THE F....are you in DC with your radio station?
Looks like Wall will add tony kornball to his list on his phone

And this might make (tag) MarcoPolo happy

I leave you with a very relevant lyric/quote by rapper Eminem

"But then these critics crucify you, journalists try to burn you
Fans turn on you, attorneys all want a turn at you
To get they hands on every dime you have, they want you to lose your mind
every time you mad"

from the song "Sing for the moment" with sampling from Aerosmith song "Dream on".
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Re: Wall Vs Tony Kornheiser 

Post#1039 » by JWizmentality » Thu Oct 2, 2014 1:15 am

Easy there, step away from the keyboard and cool off for a bit. In the words of Aaron Rodgers...Reeelaaaax.
WallWithTheDime
Banned User
And1: 111

Re: Wall Vs Tony Kornheiser 

Post#1040 » by WallWithTheDime » Thu Oct 2, 2014 1:17 am

JWizmentality wrote:Easy there, step away from the keyboard and cool off for a bit. In the words of Aaron Rodgers...Reeelaaaax.

I'm sorry JWiz, it's just I get emotionally involved in this I don't know why, But I want to cheer for this team so bad and things starting to look good, and when I hear this type of stuff makes me upset.
I tried editing the opinionated things I will go through more, its just I'm not very happy.
I watched all 82 games last season its a part of me now, and It's just very upsetting people don't see this as a good team.

I know this is probably considered slander , but its my opinion please notify me to take it down or delete. I will not make posts like this again, if its ban worthy please delete it first if thats ok! :(

Return to Washington Wizards