Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: GT: The Blazers @ The Wiz - 12/3/2008 

Post#121 » by hands11 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 5:57 am

dobrojim wrote:
hands11 wrote:
closg00 wrote:We had our hot-shooting outting last night. The Blazers front-court/back-court match-up & deep bench will bury us. Watching AB & McGee trying to battle Oden in the paint won't be pretty.

Ps. We never should have let Steve Blake walk. Thanks Ernie!

More like thanks EFG.

The kid got no consistent PT here so he wanted out.

He was a great 3 point shooter and the best pure PG we had here since.... he was here.
But I guess since we didn't need a PG since we only have guards and forwards, no reason for the kid to stick around.

You have to wonder what kind of a career he would have had if he hadn't bounced around so much. Seems like he is back in the flow again. Hopefully he has an off game tonight.

Hands since you're obviously so much smarter than "EFG" than you should know
better than to spout these mischaracterizations.

In his 2 seasons here, his rookie and soph pro seasons, Blake played a fair amount
for a 2nd rnd pick avg'g 18 mpg his first year and almost 15 min his second year. While
he shot 3s pretty well at 38-39% I wouldn't call that "great". Pretty good, but not great.
It might have been nice to keep him IF he had wanted to stay. He didn't. Letting
him go was the right move to make. Now if "EFG" was a smart as you, he clearly
would have been able to tell SB not to worry about PT because GA was going to
get hurt and miss a year and a half (and counting).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/2004.html
.371 was a good as Gilbert that year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/2005.html
.387 was best on the team. he average 14 min but only played 648 total mins for that season.

I think part of that was a foot injury that delay the start of his season.

So we let him go and basically replaced him with AD. Blake signed in PORT for 1M

Anyway, it is what it is. Now it time to AD to move on and if would be great if we has Stevie who still has years to go.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#122 » by hands11 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 6:14 am

nate33 wrote:^
And exactly how much more consistent PT should Blake expect when he was playing behind one of the top 3 PG's in the league in Arenas, and Hughes was having a career year posting a PER of 22?

Yeah, we really should trim Arenas' minutes a bit. Don't want to upset SFB (Steve Freaking Blake).

GA was not one the best PG nor was bruise. They were both SG's who were allowed to play with the ball in their hands. Which is what you saw. You don't let a shooting guard handle the ball that much, they will shoot every time, GA wasn't even top 20 in assists that year.

Larry Bruise gave us another whopping 60 game season and then where was he the following year ? And what did we get for him leaving ? Ahh yeah. I remember that.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#123 » by pancakes3 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 7:32 pm

i hope you're not arguing that Gilbert isn't fit to run the point for our team and that we should've benched hughes, moved gil to 2-guard and started blake. I hope that's not what you're getting at.
Bullets -> Wizards

Return to Washington Wizards