ImageImageImageImageImage

travesty: Mike James left off all star ballot, not in dunk c

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Re: the (inevitable) Amazingly Sucky Mike James thread 

Post#61 » by WizarDynasty » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:59 am

Its almost like we have arenas out there except he has better defense. lmao. Ton of points..poor assists..and allows his player to score way above his average....who needs arenas. Mike is giving us everything we would expect from arenas, except we pay arenas 3 times as much.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#62 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:09 am

WizarDynasty wrote:Its almost like we have arenas out there except he has better defense. lmao. Ton of points..poor assists..and allows his player to score way above his average....who needs arenas. Mike is giving us everything we would expect from arenas, except we pay arenas 3 times as much.

Oh please.

Mike James had a good game but that's gotta be about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. James can't hold Arenas' jockstrap. Arenas is a much more efficient scorer and he draws a ton of fouls. Arenas is also a much better passer. James is averaging 2.6 assists as a Wizard in almost 30 minutes a game.

James isn't a point guard at all. He's a SG in a point guard's body. Arenas at least has some ability to make things easier for his teammates. Arenas is also a guy who knows how to get a shot in the clutch.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#63 » by mhd » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:19 am

nate33 wrote:
MJG wrote:But, maybe there's a playoff team out there who could use a guy with a 50/50 shot of being really productive on any given night. Some more performances like tonight's, especially on national television, and there's got to be a taker.

Yup. James' trade value just skyrocketed. He went from pure dreck to a guy that can help a playoff team without hurting their long term cap plans.

Yeah, I think EG made the trade in part because of the deadline. James could be traded today (players can always be traded by themselves), but because of the trade restriction deadline, James can be pakaged with other players to net a higher return.
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#64 » by Manny Phresh » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:51 pm

Mike James was a excellent pick up by you guys. I was at the game yesterday and he absolutely almost single handely won the game by himself. Im surprised he still pretty servicable at his age.
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#65 » by Alfred » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:42 pm

As a Raptors fan, this isn't a surprise to me. He can go into "hero" mode and just carry you, or he can play like garbage. He definitely loos a lot better when you allow him to control the ball and give him minutes. I was surprised by his crappiness in houston, but I guess I shouldn't have been.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#66 » by Ruzious » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:51 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:Its almost like we have arenas out there except he has better defense. lmao. Ton of points..poor assists..and allows his player to score way above his average....who needs arenas. Mike is giving us everything we would expect from arenas, except we pay arenas 3 times as much.

After the Wizard of Oz gives Blatche a heart, I hope he has time to give you a memory. Even the biggest Gil hater and the biggest Mike James fan should be able to see there's a world of difference between them. James is pretty much like a much stronger 33 year old version of Juan Dixon.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#67 » by hands11 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:59 am

Props to James for stepping it up when the team needed it. He has helped stabilize this team which is great because the younger players will learn best if they are playing in line ups that are more productive.

He has been a great addition so far. Man were we missing a guard who could nail the 3 like that.
He is making DSuck look worse and worse with ever game played. I can't believe DS is still doing that stupid hand in his face thing when he sucks this bad. Dude really needs to grow up already. He is mental and making a fool of himself. The announcer even commented on this.

The only Amazingly Sucky thread that should be active is the DSleezy one. Man can't even hit a FT anymore.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Re: the (inevitable) Amazingly Better than Gil Mike James thread 

Post#68 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:52 am

LOL at the title change
hands11
Banned User

Post#69 » by hands11 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:30 pm

nate33 wrote:

Oh please.

Mike James had a good game but that's gotta be about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. James can't hold Arenas' jockstrap. Arenas is a much more efficient scorer and he draws a ton of fouls. Arenas is also a much better passer. James is averaging 2.6 assists as a Wizard in almost 30 minutes a game.

James isn't a point guard at all. He's a SG in a point guard's body. Arenas at least has some ability to make things easier for his teammates. Arenas is also a guy who knows how to get a shot in the clutch.

Sorry Nate, if the man isn't a PG he is doing a dame good imitation of one.

It's kind of amazing how quickly he has earned the trust of his teammates and found his spot on the team.

He is playing smart from the point. He seems to be giving the team what it needs when it needs it. He is running the offense. That in my book is a PG.

He scores when needed.
He drives and dishes
He plays perimeter D
He hit from 3 range.

He is quickly becoming my favorite Wiz and that saying something since I really like a lot of other players. At a min, he is a huge surprise. This guy is far from the worst player in the league. EG is looking like a genius again.

While he may not have all the skill GA has, he is doing enough of what GA does to be effective at PG and making him teammates better. In following my maturity post in the other thread, he is more mature then GA which is something this team needed at the PG. He brings AD maturity with better skill and health. This team played great with that kind of PG and BH in the post.

MJ seems to be making the most of his opportunity. I saw that interview he did. I thought he was an idiot. This is not that same man. He has learned what he needs to do to make it in this league. Maybe being bounced around so much has helped focus the mind.

I'm looking forward to watching more MJ, DMAC, and Blatche.
hands11
Banned User

Re: travesty: Mike James left off all star ballot, not in dunk c 

Post#70 » by hands11 » Tue Jan 6, 2009 6:19 am

Ok. I think I may have spotted something about MJ that concerns me.

I notice that when he drives he pushes the ball and has no control over it.
I also notice how he dribbles the ball.

I think the guy has really small hands. Can anyone confirm this?

I would think that would be a great weakness for someone who has to play PG.

I have been pleasantly surprised by him having known nothing about him but if I am right about the small hands I think this explains at least in part his poor scoring ability on the drive and his somewhat streaky shooting.
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#71 » by Benjammin » Tue Jan 6, 2009 1:34 pm

hands11 wrote:Ok. I think I may have spotted something about MJ that concerns me.

I like to use initials for players also. I am no fan of Michael Jordan particularly. But seriously, there is only one MJ and Mike James should be called something else, maybe Mikey J or M. James, but not MJ.
Zerocious
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#72 » by Zerocious » Tue Jan 6, 2009 2:45 pm

hands11 wrote:Ok. I think I may have spotted something about MJ that concerns me.

I notice that when he drives he pushes the ball and has no control over it.
I also notice how he dribbles the ball.

I think the guy has really small hands. Can anyone confirm this?

I would think that would be a great weakness for someone who has to play PG.

I have been pleasantly surprised by him having known nothing about him but if I am right about the small hands I think this explains at least in part his poor scoring ability on the drive and his somewhat streaky shooting.

buckhantz seems to have an unhealthy obsession with players hand sizes, maybe he knows....

Return to Washington Wizards