ImageImageImageImageImage

I'll take my buttwhipping, 'tanks'. Boston game thread.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: I'll take my buttwhipping, 'tanks'. Boston game thread. 

Post#121 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:40 am

Nice to see Gilbert on the sidelines, in a suit, making 111million over the next 6 years.

This team is screwed for a long time because I doubt he'll ever be the same player.
Bye bye Beal.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#122 » by miller31time » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:40 am

Crittenton = turnover machine, thus far.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#123 » by Wizardspride » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:40 am

newslowsad wrote:I'd be fully content if we stopped riding AJ, DSteve, and Caron for an absurd amount of minutes and instead started giving the following unit serious burn just for growth's sake:

McGee
Blatche
McGuire
Young
Dixon

I couldn't agree with you more.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
RealGM

Post#124 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:42 am

miller31time wrote:Crittenton = turnover machine, thus far.

Crittenton looks very tentative for sure.

Need to morph Mike James' shotjacking brain and overconfidence into Crittenton.
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#125 » by Wizardspride » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:43 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Nice to see Gilbert on the sidelines, in a suit, making 111million over the next 6 years.

This team is screwed for a long time because I doubt he'll ever be the same player.

Relax man...Gil can't help the fact that he got hurt. :D

And I'm giving the Wiz the benefit of the doubt that he will recover.

It's not like he tore up his whole knee or anything.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#126 » by newslowsad » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:44 am

I know he never scored and wasn't the best defender, but this game is making me miss AD. Mike James...not good and it isn't like we shed any cap by getting him, right?

This is awful guys. There is a whole crowd of Boston turds cheering on Brian Scabby to shoot the ball that are louder than anyone else in the arena.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#127 » by JWizmentality » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:45 am

After watching the game for 3 and a half quarters what do you think he picked up. Hmmm....me play good, no get no PT. Me play bad...me get uber run!!
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#128 » by miller31time » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:48 am

JWizmentality wrote:

After watching the game for 3 and a half quarters what do you think he picked up. Hmmm....me play good, no get no PT. Me play bad...me get uber run!!

Oh, I never said it was a bad thing. He's quite smart.
RealGM

Post#129 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:49 am

Worst lost of the season, after closing to 10 with 13 minutes left.

This team is horribly coached.

Caron Butler is one of the most overrated players in the league, because some people think he can defend.

Ernie Grunfeld has to have a sick feeling after watching James endear himself...NOT...to his new teammates. Veteran leader? No. Shot jacker? Yes. And Crittenton looked ... terrible.

Just great ...
Bye bye Beal.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#130 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:49 am

Uh, Crittenton.

That was less than an impressive debut.
In Rizzo we trust
newslowsad
Veteran

Post#131 » by newslowsad » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:50 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Nice to see Gilbert on the sidelines, in a suit, making 111million over the next 6 years.

It is sickening that he is collecting that money when we haven't seen him play for an extensive period of time in what feels like two years. It is sickening that he is collecting that money when we have made it out of the first round once since he came here and he has no aspirations to lead and lead by example. That means inspiring your fellow players to play D, not inspiring them to be practical-joking-shot-jackers. With that said, I miss him because anything's better than watching this. :lol:
toughjuice03
Sophomore

Post#132 » by toughjuice03 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:51 am

J-Critt played what 6 or 7 minutes? I won't get on his case until I seem him play against some equal talent although he does turn the ball over a lot.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#133 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 am

newslowsad wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:

It is sickening that he is collecting that money when we haven't seen him play for an extensive period of time in what feels like two years. It is sickening that he is collecting that money when we have made it out of the first round once since he came here and he has no aspirations to lead and lead by example. That means inspiring your fellow players to play D, not inspiring them to be practical-joking-shot-jackers. With that said, I miss him. :lol:

Heck, watching this cr@p, I miss Ledell Eackles.
In Rizzo we trust
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#134 » by WizarDynasty » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:54 am

good game. We had excellent man on man defense from our allstars...on one side of the court. It would be nice if grunfeld actually brought more players in theat were good on both sides of the ball.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
newslowsad
Veteran

Post#135 » by newslowsad » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:55 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:

I'd rather watch Rod Strickland eat hot dogs on the bench than Ed Tapscott give guys like DeShawn Stevenson and Mike James burn over Nick Young.
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#136 » by Ji » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:57 am

i was talking to my friend a couple of days ago and he made a good point. Its not Gilberts fault he got offered that money. If we were offered that kind of money and we were hurt, we would sign in a heartbeat. Dont blame Gil..blame the checkwriter
RealGM

Post#137 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:58 am

newslowsad wrote:It is sickening that he is collecting that money when we haven't seen him play for an extensive period of time in what feels like two years. It is sickening that he is collecting that money when we have made it out of the first round once since he came here and he has no aspirations to lead and lead by example. That means inspiring your fellow players to play D, not inspiring them to be practical-joking-shot-jackers. With that said, I miss him. :lol:

You know this is worse than the years when their best big man was Charles Jones. Or when they had Mel Turpin or guys like AJ English or LaBradford Smith.

This team has "all stars" Jamison and Butler on it. It has three seven footers. Four with a healthy Haywood. It has Nick Young, who looked like a lottery talent and who used to be able to score prior to Tankscott. DeShawn has started umpteen hundred games in a row. Worse, you've got the grotto owner over there in a suit.

This team is a talented bunch of turds.

At least when they had Catledge and Eackles and Wes coaching them you knew nobody expected much and nobody was getting paid.
Bye bye Beal.
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#138 » by Ji » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:00 am

this is just awful....Jamison has to go while he still has value.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#139 » by Wizardspride » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:00 am

Anybody want to take my bet that Jamison won't finish the season as a Wizard? :)
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager

Post#140 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:02 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
newslowsad wrote:It is sickening that he is collecting that money when we haven't seen him play for an extensive period of time in what feels like two years. It is sickening that he is collecting that money when we have made it out of the first round once since he came here and he has no aspirations to lead and lead by example. That means inspiring your fellow players to play D, not inspiring them to be practical-joking-shot-jackers. With that said, I miss him. :lol:

You know this is worse than the years when their best big man was Charles Jones. Or when they had Mel Turpin or guys like AJ English or LaBradford Smith.

This team has "all stars" Jamison and Butler on it. It has three seven footers. Four with a healthy Haywood. It has Nick Young, who looked like a lottery talent and who used to be able to score prior to Tankscott. DeShawn has started umpteen hundred games in a row. Worse, you've got the grotto owner over there in a suit.

This team is a talented bunch of turds.

At least when they had Catledge and Eackles and Wes coaching them you knew nobody expected much and nobody was getting paid.

I agree. Those teams were more fun to watch. They competed like heJJ for the first three quarters before the inevitable talent deficit, all-star deference by the refs and Wes Unseld boneheadedness doomed us in the 4th.

Shix like tonight makes me pretty gloomy indeed.
In Rizzo we trust

Return to Washington Wizards