ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Sucky Flunkee Tappsscott thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Flunkee Tappsscott thread 

Post#21 » by MJG » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:24 am

Kanyewest wrote:This is what ET had to say about Crittenton.

--------------------------------------
“He’s got to go back to remedial school here and pick up on sets and some of our principles that other guys have had a couple of years with,” Wizards coach Ed Tapscott said. “He is a willing worker. He pays attention to detail. He’s still got a way to go but he’ll pick up on it in time.”
---------------------------------------

I guess Mike James must just be a quick study.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#22 » by keynote » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:42 am

MJG wrote:

“He’s got to go back to remedial school here and pick up on sets and some of our principles that other guys have had a couple of years with,” Wizards coach Ed Tapscott said. “He is a willing worker. He pays attention to detail. He’s still got a way to go but he’ll pick up on it in time.”

Well, to be fair, the party line is that Byron Scott runs similar offensive sets in NO, so Mike James has less to learn, whereas Critt has played in the triangle offense in LAL and the ?? offense in MEM, so he's starting from Square One.

Still, I'd imagine that the Wizards could install some "simpler" sets to get Crit some run.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#23 » by MJG » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:47 am

keynote wrote:
MJG wrote:

Well, to be fair, the party line is that Byron Scott runs similar offensive sets in NO, so Mike James has less to learn, whereas Critt has played in the triangle offense in LAL and the ?? offense in MEM, so he's starting from Square One.

Still, I'd imagine that the Wizards could install some "simpler" sets to get Crit some run.

Yea, I know; I just look for any chance to poke fun at Tap. Truth is, I understand Crittenton not really playing just yet. He's inexperienced even for a second year player, and just joined his third team. I'd like to see him get at least a little court time during the garbage minutes of our regularly scheduled blowouts, but it's fine not doing much more than that for the time being. Three or four weeks from now though, if he's still riding the pine, I'll be a little more annoyed.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#24 » by JWizmentality » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:50 am

keynote wrote:Well, to be fair, the party line is that Byron Scott runs similar offensive sets in NO, so Mike James has less to learn, whereas Critt has played in the triangle offense in LAL and the ?? offense in MEM, so he's starting from Square One.

If that was a pot shot at Memphis...honestly, are we in any position to be looking down on any offense? Our high and mighty weave and heave?
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#25 » by keynote » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:00 am

No slight at MEM intended; I just don't know what offense they run, other than that it's clearly not a Princeton derivative.

Your chivalrous defense of the Grizzlies' honor is duly noted, however. ;)
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
cwb3
Rookie
And1: 85

Post#26 » by cwb3 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:55 pm

If the idea is to play the vets to pump up thier trade value. . .I'd have to say the plan is backfiring in the case of DeShawn. The whole league is getting a looooooong look at just how awful a player he is. Even his defense has regressed. They may need to just give up on him like Etan.
montestewart wrote:Players really should wait until they're rookie coaches to become GMs.
adarsh1
Junior
And1: 62

Post#27 » by adarsh1 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:42 pm

I think they run some sort of run and shoot like the D'Antoni offense...not sure though.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#28 » by LyricalRico » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:28 pm

adarsh1 wrote:I think they run some sort of run and shoot like the D'Antoni offense...not sure though.

The Memphis offense is the Gay-and-Mayo show. They take turns jacking shots and everybody else fights for the scraps.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#29 » by doclinkin » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:29 pm

LyricalRico wrote:The Memphis offense is the Gay-and-Mayo show. They take turns jacking shots and everybody else fights for the scraps.

I dunno. I'm an open-minded guy but I don't think I'd go to the Gay-and-Mayo show.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#30 » by BigA » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:44 pm

doclinkin wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:The Memphis offense is the Gay-and-Mayo show. They take turns jacking shots and everybody else fights for the scraps.

I dunno. I'm an open-minded guy but I don't think I'd go to the Gay-and-Mayo show.

It's on HBO late night, right after "Cathouse: The Musical."
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#31 » by LyricalRico » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:45 pm

^ Wow, I just re-read my post and that could be taken a COMPLETELY different way if the person reading it didn't know the context. LOL
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man
And1: 40

Post#32 » by bulletproof_32 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:34 pm

I think Memphis fan's prefer the Gay and Mayo show over the Gay Love duo they would've had if not for the post draft trade. Although the Gay Love duo would've have a pretty decent threesome with miller.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#33 » by JWizmentality » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:46 pm

:rofl2:

You guys are killing me.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#34 » by hands11 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:37 pm

keynote wrote:Taps might finally let Young be young:

-Nick Young has been on a short leash recently, but Tapscott said he plans on giving the second-year guard a little more margin for errror along with more playing time.

"I'm going to take a little blame for Nick's troubles," Tapscott said. "I've had him thinking a little too much. Sometimes you can stress execution, execution, execution and what that does is force a guy to start thinking about everything he does. Some guys [are] better just playing in the flow, so I gave him the release today. I told him, I'm going to play the full segment and leave you alone and let you play."

This is long overdue. Hopefully, Nick can regain some of his swagger. That being said, I wonder where Nick's execution is lacking in the eyes of the coaching staff. Most people on this board think that Nick can and has been more effective than DeShawn, at least.

Maybe there is some hope for TAPPS after all.

He got AB into the starting line up finally last game.
Now he is giving NY an open door which hopefully leads to him starting.

Maybe he will get us some decent line ups after all. I had started to give up on him but now
I'm getting a little more hopeful. At least it will be fun to watch more AB and NY.
DMAC seems to be getting decent PT already and is developing as a defensive player.

Now if he can just remember to play some McGee and AB together we may be able to defend to post.

McGee, AB, DMAC, CB, NY should be interesting. That gives you some nice boards, blocks, scoring and one on one. If I saw this line early I would be stoked. It could be first off the bench.

And for those to quick to want to let DSONG go, I wouldn't rush that one.
He is a good teammate, a smart player, he passes, he can hit from outside and around the basket, hustles his ass off and he can play PF. All things we need. I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks around.

One the list to go way before DSONG is
DS, OP and Etan
hands11
Banned User

Post#35 » by hands11 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:45 pm

MJG wrote:

Yah, he is a perfect combination of NY's hyst and DBricks accuracy.

I haven't warmed up to James much but at least he has some quicks and seems to care about D.
But his shot is terrible and ugly as hell. He really shouldn't attempt to shoot much just yet.
hands11
Banned User

Post#36 » by hands11 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:55 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
adarsh1 wrote:I think they run some sort of run and shoot like the D'Antoni offense...not sure though.

The Memphis offense is the Gay-and-Mayo show. They take turns jacking shots and everybody else fights for the scraps.

That whole post was just nasty.

Gay
Mayo
Jacking shots

Not good.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#37 » by closg00 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:10 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
newslowsad wrote:lol i've won 15 straight games in nba live 09 with the following line-up: mcgee, blatche, jamison, butler, dixon

I bet the Wizards could at least go .500 with that same lineup.

Jeez!!! Tap has the same lack of imagination as EJ. Do they have an unwritten rule that we can only have one big in the game at all times?

Since we are losing and Tap is experimenting with the lineup, heck! why not try Mcgee, Blatche, Butler, Pech (since Jamison is slightly injured)) and Dixon? Its a no-brainer that having McGee and Blatche in together is going to shave the point total of our opponents in most cases.

Edit: AJ played 40 minutes with an injured thumb, Tap really did spend too-much time with EJ.
hands11
Banned User

Post#38 » by hands11 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:21 am

I think Tapp is rounding turn 2.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01937.html

He started by correctly starting AB ahead of McGee. That was good for the team and both players.

Then is admitted he was wrong with NY and 2 games later NY is back. Now he is working with him saying 2 dribbles then do something with the ball.. shot, drive or pass

And in this article he is on them about driving instead of settling for jump shots.

Tapps is working out the problems. We need to give him some time to make the needed changes that were not address the last 5 years.

We will start winning some games soon.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#39 » by Higga » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:08 pm

We won't start winning more games till we get better players. Basketball is an easy game. Doc Rivers won 20 games a couple years back. Add a couple hall of famers along with young players developing and you have a possible dynasty. Did Doc become a genius coach in one year? Of course not. We need better players and it doesn't look like help is coming for a while.

Hope and pray the lotto balls fall our way and we land Ricky Rubio...
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.

Return to Washington Wizards