The Amazingly Sucky Flunkee Tappsscott thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

The Amazingly Sucky Flunkee Tappsscott thread 

Post#1 » by yungal07 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:27 am

Yep you knew it was coming.

No McGee. No Young. Way too much Stevenson. Going small in critical moments of the game. Uses the same crap weave and heave offense. Makes head-scratching substitutions.

This guy is damn Eddie Jordan flunkie. I hope this entre joke of a staff is gone at the end of the season. And this celtics game is a double whammie...you think Thibodeau is going to want to coach a team that's this bad?
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Flunkee Tappsscott thread 

Post#2 » by P'Oed » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:29 am

here we go again with this crap
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#3 » by JWizmentality » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:30 am

You beat me to it. :lol:

Atleast I spelled the guy's name right.
yungal07
Banned User

Post#4 » by yungal07 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:39 am

JWizmentality wrote:You beat me to it. :lol:

Atleast I spelled the guy's name right.

You're damn skippy I did! :lol: Merge em up.

And I don't care if I spelled his name wrong. his coaching sucks so he doesn't deserve a correct spelling. :D
Adobozz
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Adobozz » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:25 am

Why is Crittenton not playing? I see he is dressed. This coach is a dumbass!
Potato Head!
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#6 » by hands11 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:15 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt= ... 2008121320
December 15, 2008

Still, the guard may benefit from the extra work that Tapscott is expecting from the Wizards' younger players, who are now required to report at least an hour before practice. With the extra time, Tapscott said players have been in the weight room and reviewing offensive sets and defensive concepts.

"Part of what they have to learn is how a routine, a regular route doing certain things helps you in terms of building your confidence, and getting yourself prepared mentally and physically to play," Tapscott said. "Right now, like most young guys, their routine is no routine."

At least this is happening. It should pay off eventually.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#7 » by mohammed10 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:04 am

Ed Tapscott is making Eddie Jordan look like Red Auerbach.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#8 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:17 am

At least Eddie Jordan 2.0 will be gone at the seasons end.

Unless this franchise intends on hiring from within (Wes Jr.)...
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#9 » by BigA » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:23 pm

I can understand people's frustration, thinking "if we're going to lose, at least play the younger guys," but....

Isn't Tapscott Ernie's guy, after having worked for him in NY and Milwaukee?

Is there really a HC candidate available now who could realistically come in, overhaul the offense and defense (taking how many games to install their systems?), play the young guys, and make a playoff run?

At this point I don't have a big problem with tanking, or going with veterans until the Wizards have played their way completely out of contention and/or guys have improved their trade value.

One thing I know, if you fire Tapscott now, the odds go way up that Wes Jr. will be next up.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#10 » by LyricalRico » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:55 pm

BigA wrote:Isn't Tapscott Ernie's guy, after having worked for him in NY and Milwaukee?

That's what makes this so curious. One would think that Taps would be executing whatever plan Grunfeld had for the post-EJ era Wizards and I can't imagine that this is EG's plan.

BigA wrote:Is there really a HC candidate available now who could realistically come in, overhaul the offense and defense (taking how many games to install their systems?), play the young guys, and make a playoff run?

I don't think anyone was expecting a playoff run. It would be nice but I'd settle for new offense/defense schemes and PT for the kiddies. Playoffs are a distant third priority for most fans, I'd assume.

BigA wrote:At this point I don't have a big problem with tanking, or going with veterans until the Wizards have played their way completely out of contention and/or guys have improved their trade value.

This is my assumption/hope as to what's happening. We saw Daniels get huge minutes right before he was traded. Hopefully Songaila is raising his value right now to the point where we can move him, too. Etan looks like a lost cause (at least until the summer) but if Stevenson can string together some decent games we might be able to move him too.

I just hope that it doesn't take too long or else the young guys might be completely despondent at that point.
CaPtaiN eYeSaNo
Senior
And1: 1

Post#11 » by CaPtaiN eYeSaNo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:00 pm

BigA wrote:I
.....One thing I know, if you fire Tapscott now, the odds go way up that Wes Jr. will be next up.

How worse could Wes Jr. be? :-?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#12 » by nate33 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:09 pm

For those thinking that Mike James' playing time has something to do with EG wanting to pump up his trade value, forget it. Mike James can't be traded for 2 months after he was traded here. (He can be traded by himself, but not packaged with another player.) We may wish to trade him later, but there's no reason to pump up his value right now.

Interestingly, that 2-month moratorium expires on February 11th. The Trade Deadline is February 12th. I recall there being some rush to execute the Crittenton trade. I thought that the rush was so that Memphis didn't have to commit to retaining an extra player. But that doesn't really make sense because non-guaranteed contracts don't become guaranteed until January 10th. Perhaps the rush was also on EG's side to make sure he got James in time for him to be traded before the deadline.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#13 » by LyricalRico » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:18 pm

nate33 wrote:Interestingly, that 2-month moratorium expires on February 11th. The Trade Deadline is February 12th. I recall there being some rush to execute the Crittenton trade. I thought that the rush was so that Memphis didn't have to commit to retaining an extra player. But that doesn't really make sense because non-guaranteed contracts don't become guaranteed until January 10th. Perhaps the rush was also on EG's side to make sure he got James in time for him to be traded before the deadline.

That's exactly what I've been saying since the trade went down. Mike James has been terrible for about 3 years. We may need him to produce for 2 months to overcome that. If he can, he'll be more valuable than Daniels in a package for anybody we plan to go after. I fully expect Grunfeld to be shopping James again this season.

Btw - I'm pretty sure that the dealine is on Feb 19. to give GMs time to pow wow during All Star Weekend. That gives us a little over a week to deal James again.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#14 » by nate33 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:52 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
nate33 wrote:Interestingly, that 2-month moratorium expires on February 11th. The Trade Deadline is February 12th. I recall there being some rush to execute the Crittenton trade. I thought that the rush was so that Memphis didn't have to commit to retaining an extra player. But that doesn't really make sense because non-guaranteed contracts don't become guaranteed until January 10th. Perhaps the rush was also on EG's side to make sure he got James in time for him to be traded before the deadline.

That's exactly what I've been saying since the trade went down. Mike James has been terrible for about 3 years. We may need him to produce for 2 months to overcome that. If he can, he'll be more valuable than Daniels in a package for anybody we plan to go after. I fully expect Grunfeld to be shopping James again this season.

Btw - I'm pretty sure that the dealine is on Feb 19. to give GMs time to pow wow during All Star Weekend. That gives us a little over a week to deal James again.

Larry Coon says the deadline is the 16th Thursday of the season which falls on Feb 12th. However, the Trade Deadline usually does fall after the all star break so you are probably correct. The season started a bit early this year. Usually it starts on Halloween or thereabouts. This time, it started on October 28th.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#15 » by keynote » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:01 pm

Taps might finally let Young be young:

-Nick Young has been on a short leash recently, but Tapscott said he plans on giving the second-year guard a little more margin for errror along with more playing time.

"I'm going to take a little blame for Nick's troubles," Tapscott said. "I've had him thinking a little too much. Sometimes you can stress execution, execution, execution and what that does is force a guy to start thinking about everything he does. Some guys [are] better just playing in the flow, so I gave him the release today. I told him, I'm going to play the full segment and leave you alone and let you play."

This is long overdue. Hopefully, Nick can regain some of his swagger. That being said, I wonder where Nick's execution is lacking in the eyes of the coaching staff. Most people on this board think that Nick can and has been more effective than DeShawn, at least.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#16 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:02 pm

keynote wrote:Taps might finally let Young be young:

-Nick Young has been on a short leash recently, but Tapscott said he plans on giving the second-year guard a little more margin for errror along with more playing time.

"I'm going to take a little blame for Nick's troubles," Tapscott said. "I've had him thinking a little too much. Sometimes you can stress execution, execution, execution and what that does is force a guy to start thinking about everything he does. Some guys [are] better just playing in the flow, so I gave him the release today. I told him, I'm going to play the full segment and leave you alone and let you play."

This is long overdue. Hopefully, Nick can regain some of his swagger. That being said, I wonder where Nick's execution is lacking in the eyes of the coaching staff. Most people on this board think that Nick can and has been more effective than DeShawn, at least.

What the hell? What does Tapsuck mean by execution. Last time I checked, the only thing DeSuck Stevenson has executed all season is our FG% and he's still getting 30 minutes a night.
yungal07
Banned User

Post#17 » by yungal07 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:12 pm

There has to be something going on in practice that we don't know about because when it comes to actual games, Nick is much much better than Deshawn. And defensively they have been pretty much even.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,351

Post#18 » by Kanyewest » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:12 pm

This is what ET had to say about Crittenton.

--------------------------------------
“He’s got to go back to remedial school here and pick up on sets and some of our principles that other guys have had a couple of years with,” Wizards coach Ed Tapscott said. “He is a willing worker. He pays attention to detail. He’s still got a way to go but he’ll pick up on it in time.”
---------------------------------------
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,351

Post#19 » by Kanyewest » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:16 pm

yungal07 wrote:There has to be something going on in practice that we don't know about because when it comes to actual games, Nick is much much better than Deshawn. And defensively they have been pretty much even.

The stats may prove otherwise but the case could be made that Stevenson takes on the best offensive player on the other team. Still, Young is at least average defensively and he simply will help create more scoring which this team desperately needs.
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#20 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:16 am

This stuff about Critt picking up plays and such, is just bull.

YOU ARE 4-18 WITH GUYS THAT DO KNOW THE PLAYS!!!

Why not give the kid a shot in regular minutes. Putting him out there in garbage minutes means nothing.
I want to see a lineup of:
Crittenton
Young
Butler
Jamison
Blatche

Put him with some vets and see what happens. He was out there with Pech, mcgee, young and mcguire. All of whom just stood around while Critt dribbled and let him turn it over.
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

maybe the Nats, in like 10 years

Return to Washington Wizards