ImageImageImageImageImage

POLL: Do You Believe Gilbert Is Coming Back This Season?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Do You Believe Gilbert Is Coming Back This Season?

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 19

newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

POLL: Do You Believe Gilbert Is Coming Back This Season? 

Post#1 » by newslowsad » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:53 am

I'm really not sure at this point. It feels like a cruel joke. On one hand, I want him to come back when he is cleared to see what he has. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if he bails on the season because it is a lost cause.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,865

Re: POLL: Do You Believe Gilbert Is Coming Back This Season? 

Post#2 » by Wizardspride » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:04 am

I believe Gil's coming back this season. But this time he's not stepping on the court until he's close to %100.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#3 » by MJG » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:06 am

I don't know. I mean, there's no reason for him to, is there? The team is awful, and we all know that he himself believes that it's better for us to rack up ping pong balls rather than just miss out on the playoffs.

My guess is that he does come back, but way later that the general media is expecting. I'm thinking post-all-star break. At that point, we'll probably be far enough down in the standings that his return won't do too much damage to our lottery position.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#4 » by Halcyon » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:49 am

I don't think he'll come back. By the time he's ready, this team is going to be 20-30 games under .500.
toughjuice03
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#5 » by toughjuice03 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:25 am

I don't think he comes back, but do I want to see him back sure. I was watching some of his highlights on youtube last night and even if this team sucks their more fun to watch when he's on the court.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,990

Post#6 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:53 am

He better come back after getting paid like he did. This terrible season is as much on his injury as anything else.

I want him to come back but I bet they still lose a ton when he does.
Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,288

Post#7 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:18 pm

He'll come back when he's 100%. I think it'll be better for everybody concerned if he comes back in February or so, so he has a few months to get his rhythm back and get confident in his knee. The remainder of the season will be a tune-up for Gil so he'll be ready to go next year.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#8 » by dandridge 10 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:35 pm

I hope he comes back only after a few months of practices to make sure he is 100% healthy. And even then, I would only give him spot duty to kick off some of the rust going into the off-season. I don't want him playing heavy minutes, thereby risking a re-injury and risking losing more ping pong balls.

Unfortunately, knowing the Wizards management and coaching staff, they will play him 40 minutes a night, we will claw back in the standings just to lose a top 5 pick, and Gil will suffer an career ending injury on the last game of the season.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#9 » by mhd » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:36 pm

dandridge 10 wrote:I hope he comes back only after a few months of practices to make sure he is 100% healthy. And even then, I would only give him spot duty to kick off some of the rust going into the off-season. I don't want him playing heavy minutes, thereby risking a re-injury and risking losing more ping pong balls.

Unfortunately, knowing the Wizards management and coaching staff, they will play him 40 minutes a night, we will claw back in the standings just to lose a top 5 pick, and Gil will suffer an career ending injury on the last game of the season.

I think that EJ, not Wizards management. Remember when EJ played Caron 40 minutes the first game against the Lakers last year after injury?

Return to Washington Wizards