ImageImageImageImageImage

WE'RE GOING STREAKING - Wiz @ Hornets

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nateteaches
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: WE'RE GOING STREAKING - Wiz @ Hornets 

Post#81 » by nateteaches » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:13 am

Since the season is pretty much shot, I'd like to see Dmac shoot a lot more. Hopefully it will build his game shot confidence and give us more options in long run.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#82 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:15 am

Way to go Mike James. Foul. Get a tech. Force a shot.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#83 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:16 am

McGee should play more than 4 minutes.

I suspect they're thrilled to see Etan raising his trade value, but still, McGee should get more burn.
Bye bye Beal.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#84 » by 80sballboy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:26 am

The streak is over. Long live the streak. :x
RealGM

Post#85 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:26 am

This game was good for 3 quarters.

The offense stalled and Jamison started forcing shots. Jamison's defense was terrible.

Just as bad defensively as Jamison was Nick Young. He left a lot of open shooters. Rasual Butler and Peja on Young was where the Hornets got theirs. That and going right at Jamison.

Big picture says the Wizards lost to a better team tonight.

I like a lot of what they did with Blatche and scoring points in the paint.

Low points wre Jamison and Mike James losing his composure at the end.

EDITED: Jamison on a back-to-back and being the only go-to scorer probably doesn't deserve my harsh criticism. He kept the Wizards in it early.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#86 » by hands11 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:28 am

The NBA

Where BS lame ass refereeing happens.

God that is so frustrating to watch. Seriously. First Cleveland .. Now this.

I had forgotten what is was like to play competitively against a sweet heart team in this league until these 2 games.

They don't do it when your getting blown out but if you have a bad record and you play them close, the refs with call the game for the sweetheart team. Thanks Stern for giving us the Harlem Globetrotter league.
RealGM

Post#87 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:28 am

Time for Caron to come back.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#88 » by Ruzious » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:31 am

closg00 wrote:Jeez, my mother can move faster than Song

You know who's suprisingly slow - West. If the officials didn't let him get away with offensive fouls, he'd be a very ordinary player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
RealGM

Post#89 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:34 am

West doesn't get off when Haywood plays. Tonight he had an easy night.

McGee would have made him have to work once he beat Jamison.
Bye bye Beal.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#90 » by 80sballboy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:37 am

You know who's suprisingly slow - West. If the officials didn't let him get away with offensive fouls, he'd be a very ordinary player.

I hope you are just being bitter because that is a moronic statement.
hands11
Banned User

Post#91 » by hands11 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:41 am

Ruzious wrote:
closg00 wrote:Jeez, my mother can move faster than Song

You mean.. dipped shoulder slammed slammed slammed into our defender and then jumping into them for a ....

.... Defensive foul. WTF is that all about.

Hey, we played tough. It was a back to back. On the road. The refs let them play super aggressive defense with no calls and let them plow over on in the post with no calls. Highlighted by the play - I think it was Dixon - in the 4th got redirected on a drive.. lost the ball... no call. So BS

It hard to keep it going with all that going against you.

We kept it close. Actually, I consider that a win when the refs so obviously make the difference. The boys should be proud.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#92 » by WizarDynasty » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:47 am

Jamison pretty much lost this game for us. shot a horrible percentage and let West shoot way above is season shooting average.
Whoever was responsible for guarding R. Butler also lost the game.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
hands11
Banned User

Post#93 » by hands11 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:53 am

P'Oed wrote:definitely looking forward to the day that Blatche gets good enough to kick Tawn out of the starting 4 spot. I think the smart people on this board who have suggested a lineup of Gil, Caron, AJ, Blatche and Hayballs are in the right. He just tries way too hard sometimes.

While I have posted about that line up a ton, I don't blame AJ in this game. With what we have available, he is the only reliable scorer and he has been carrying us while CB is out. Someone else needed to step up. All the other players could have done just a little more. Dixon needed to take a few 3s. Blatche needed to try to carry more of the load on offense by driving or DS needed to roll the dice and shoot a non 40 ft 3. Someone needed to do something. James is pretty much the only other player that try to carry the scoring load. Well him actually did. Dixon tried but didn't get it done.

While on most night we want all these second line offensive player to just take what comes to them, on a night like tonight where AJ was a little banged up and tired, someone needed to push the curve. The refs didn't help at all which made it all that much harder. Someone needed to he a hero and it didn't happen. Looking at the lines, there were a lot of ok lines. Probably of all the players, it was in Dixon ability the most to do a little more. Him or Blatche.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#94 » by nate33 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:54 am

nateteaches wrote:Since the season is pretty much shot, I'd like to see Dmac shoot a lot more. Hopefully it will build his game shot confidence and give us more options in long run.

No you don't. DMac is a terrible shooter. Thankfully, the best part about his game is his shot selection. He doesn't shoot unless the clock is winding down or he's near the rim.

DMac has plenty of time to work on his shot in practice. He doesn't need to force extra shots in games. It won't help him and it will hurt the team.
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man
And1: 40

Post#95 » by bulletproof_32 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:00 am

chris paul his not a true allstar, a true allstar is dominant on both sides of the court....mike james had 16 points 8 above his average...50 percent shooting while the so called point god Chris Paul was held to 40 percent shooting ...5 below his his season average...daSwami is the only one on here who gets it its a travesty that Mike James was left off the all star ballot true allstars are two way dominant players...billy knight made the right decision going with the long wingspan marvin williams over chris paul....lmao at those who think chris paul is a true all star
hands11
Banned User

Post#96 » by hands11 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:03 am

nate33 wrote:
nateteaches wrote:Since the season is pretty much shot, I'd like to see Dmac shoot a lot more. Hopefully it will build his game shot confidence and give us more options in long run.

No you don't. DMac is a terrible shooter. Thankfully, the best part about his game is his shot selection. He doesn't shoot unless the clock is winding down or he's near the rim.

DMac has plenty of time to work on his shot in practice. He doesn't need to force extra shots in games. It won't help him and it will hurt the team.

Agreed. Phil keeps talking about how he is working on it. He takes a shot here and there. That's fine for now. If he was nailing them enough in practice, I'm sure he would be taking more in the game. He took 4 tonight. He tried.

As open a DMAC is a lot of the time, you have to hope he gets to the point where he makes teams pay for leaving him alone. Something to consider when we are all praising how good he is. We are really talking about rebounds, blocks, passing, etc. But he is making it harder on the other offensive players by not being a scoring threat because they can play off him.

It gets even worst when we have DS and DMAC out there. 2 non scoring threats. Critt is another.

it will be nice to get CB back. It really showed tonight. We needed another scoring option.
RealGM

Post#97 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:04 am

bulletproof_32 wrote:chris paul his not a true allstar, a true allstar is dominant on both sides of the court....mike james had 16 points 8 above his average...50 percent shooting while the so called point god Chris Paul was held to 40 percent shooting ...5 below his his season average...daSwami is the only one on here who gets it its a travesty that Mike James was left off the all star ballot true allstars are two way dominant players...billy knight made the right decision going with the long wingspan marvin williams over chris paul....lmao at those who think chris paul is a true all star

Even without being in green I get the sarcasm. :)
Bye bye Beal.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#98 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:07 am

Blatche is looking pretty good lately.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#99 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:30 am

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:Blatche is looking pretty good lately.

Donkey... good to see you kickin' around here again.
In Rizzo we trust
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#100 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:40 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Donkey McDonkerton wrote:Blatche is looking pretty good lately.

Donkey... good to see you kickin' around here again.

There is actually some real stuff going on, instead of FIRE EJ, FIRE EJ.

:)

Return to Washington Wizards