ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Wizards/Redskins Fans - NFL Playoff Predictions

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Re: OT: Wizards/Redskins Fans - NFL Playoff Predictions 

Post#41 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:38 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:I'll go with Tennessee, Carolina, New York and San Diego.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#42 » by miller31time » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:56 pm

miller31time wrote:LOL, thanks for the PSA Announcement, CCJ.

As for my predictions...

Baltimore at Tennessee, 4:30 EST

--Baltimore wins: 13-10

Arizona at Carolina, 8:15 EST

--Carolina wins: 23-10

Philadelphia at New York, 1:00 EST

--Philadelphia wins: 30-27

San Diego at Pittsburgh, 4:15 EST

--Pittsburgh unfortunately wins: 17-13

Ok, so I got 3/4 right and 1/4 exactly right (Baltimore @ Tennessee). Not bad....the Carolina game was just freaky.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#43 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 pm

After going 4-0 the first weekend of the playoffs, I returned to form at 1-3 this past weekend.

The Titans really gave that game away. The Cardinals shocked me with their win.

Pittsburgh and Philly look like they're going to the Super Bowl.
Bye bye Beal.
toughjuice03
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#44 » by toughjuice03 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:10 am

Pitt over Bal 24-21
Philly over Arizona 34-27
RealGM

Post#45 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:57 pm

I didn't realize Arizona would be at home. Cards are 11-7 and the Eagles are 11-6-1. Throw the records out.

Even though Philly is the logical pick, I'm going to say Arizona over Philly, 27-23.

Baltimore won't lose three times to Pittsburgh. I'll say Baltimore 17-16 over the Steelers.
Bye bye Beal.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#46 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I didn't realize Arizona would be at home. Cards are 11-7 and the Eagles are 11-6-1. Throw the records out.

Even though Philly is the logical pick, I'm going to say Arizona over Philly, 27-23.

Baltimore won't lose three times to Pittsburgh. I'll say Baltimore 17-16 over the Steelers.

First I don't know why this is the first time I've looked at the thread. Second, I'm kind of glad because last weekend's picks would have buried me regardless.

I agree with both your last two posts. Looks like Pit and Philly are going to the Super Bowl, but I wanna pick against both of them. The unstoppable force in Zona playing the immovable object in B'more would be fun to watch.

And I know one too many NFC East fans. My best friend is a Giants fan, I can't explain how horrendous that was. I don't need my Philly friends with the same ammo.

Zona over Philly 28-17
Bmore over Pit 13-10
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by miller31time » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:38 pm

As I've said in another Ravens/Steelers thread, Baltimore is not going to win this game.

I'm the biggest Ravens fan on RealGM (which isn't as impressive as it sounds considering I'm basically the only one...) but we're going to be without our two starting corner-backs (McAlister, who has been out all season, and Rolle who was injured for more than half the game against Tennessee), and one of our best defensive players, Terrell Suggs. If this were a home game, I'd give us a shot but we're on the road in a harsh environment, battered and bruised without a week's rest all season (our bye week was the same time as the hurricane in Houston when we were set to play the Texans, and we prepared all week for that game).

I'm not going to completely write us off, because it's the NFL and anything can happen ("Any Given Sunday"), but I'd set our % chance of winning at about 15%.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#48 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:34 am

miller31time wrote:As I've said in another Ravens/Steelers thread, Baltimore is not going to win this game.

I'm the biggest Ravens fan on RealGM (which isn't as impressive as it sounds considering I'm basically the only one...) but we're going to be without our two starting corner-backs (McAlister, who has been out all season, and Rolle who was injured for more than half the game against Tennessee), and one of our best defensive players, Terrell Suggs. If this were a home game, I'd give us a shot but we're on the road in a harsh environment, battered and bruised without a week's rest all season (our bye week was the same time as the hurricane in Houston when we were set to play the Texans, and we prepared all week for that game).

I'm not going to completely write us off, because it's the NFL and anything can happen ("Any Given Sunday"), but I'd set our % chance of winning at about 15%.

What's up with Suggs? I kind of remember that he got hurt in the Oilers game but I don't recall hearing any follow up.
In Rizzo we trust
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by miller31time » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:44 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:What's up with Suggs? I kind of remember that he got hurt in the Oilers game but I don't recall hearing any follow up.

They have it listed as a shoulder injury.

From every radio report and TV report I've seen, he's extremely doubtful. Heck, his arm is in a sling right now and even he isn't optimistic about playing.

Just not good signs.

It sucks because people were wondering how Kerry Collins was dominating with those over-the-middle passes Saturday....well, for the most part, it's because Suggs wasn't able to play for most of the game. He is great at sniffing out those passes before they happen and helps our defense tremendously in that aspect.
spaceman_E
Sixth Man
And1: 30

Post#50 » by spaceman_E » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:50 am

Was my last post here deleted for some reason? Either that or it never sent because I had a very spotty connection. Anyways... I basically said what ccj said, head thinks philly - pitt, heart thinks Bal-Zona and I'm going with the latter.
You don't win friends with salad.
RealGM

Post#51 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:05 pm

Jordin Sparks absolutely rocked the National Anthem! Big girl can sing.

Hope the Phoenix/Philly game lives up to the anthem.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#52 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:24 pm

Awesome football game.

Larry Fitzgerald is a bad man.

After the game the Eagles showed really good sportsmanship.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards