ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Draft Positioning Thread, aka: The Tank Cave

Yaroslavs1Fan
Freshman
And1: 1

Re: Official Draft Positioning Thread, aka: The Tank Cave 

Post#541 » by Yaroslavs1Fan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:32 am

nate33 wrote:The Clippers now losing 49-29. Seriously, somebody needs to call David Stern. There's got to be some kind of rule against playing this poorly. For god's sake, at least tank with dignity.

uhh... u guys lost to the celtics bench and u guys r complaining about the clips losing to the thunder who have beaten some very good teams this year. THE CELTICS BENCH!!! i repeat. :o rondo played 10 minutes, pierce, garnett, and allen played 0 minutes and u guys still lost to them. we beat them earlier this year when they were healthy. u guys however lost to their bench. they have a terrible bench. how many games would the following team win in a regular season:

pg: rondo (limited to 10 minutes a game)/gabe pruitt
sg: marbury/eddie house
sf: tony allen/ bill walker
pf: leon powe/miki moore
c: perkins (limited to 12 minutes)/glen davis

my guess, 2: both against the tanking wizards...

the clippers did not tank: THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!

i don't care if they have effing lebron james on their team, until they get dunleavy out of LA they are not winning. this guy could coach team USA to first round exit in the olympics. O and he is the GM. ur team has a winning culture + great new coaches coming in + a lot of talent that should be healthy next year. If u guys got a top 2 pick it would be stupid. U'll make the playoffs regardless. Look admit that ur team tanked so that they could get a better draft pick. u know its true. And that was the smart thing to do. U can't tell me that if the wiz were in contention for the 8th spot in the playoffs 2 day that arenas and jamison would not play. Also, how the hell can u explain songaila shooting a 3 in the game. He is 2 for 12 in his career! (ya tanking). O and what about Pecherov shooting 4 threes! He is a career 31 percent 3 point shooter! Don't lie, the wizards tanked it. I would have done the same thing tho, but u kno its true. Also, about the clippers not winning with baron davis, he sucks. the clips play better without him. if u think hes good, u guys can have him. the clips are going to try really hard to unload him, why? because he sucks.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#542 » by DaRealHibachi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:26 am

^^^^ Yeah, we lost to a team with championship experience, and our starting 5 consisted out of bench players also... Caron was puttin up above his average stats... I can't see tanking in that...

The Clips not only lost to the lowly Thunder... BUT THEY DO IT AT HOME!!!!! BY 41 POINTS!!!!! Get right buddy, that's TANKING to the fullest... If there is indeed any justice, we should draft before them...
:beer: Magnumt
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#543 » by BigA » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:40 am

Clips not leaving anything to chance.
newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#544 » by newslowsad » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 am

Losing by 41 at home to the Thunder in your season finale...that's just...wow. :lol:
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#545 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:49 pm

Clips always get the memo. In fact, I believe Baron Davis wrote it.
In Rizzo we trust
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#546 » by Kanyewest » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:47 pm

DaRealHibachi wrote:^^^^ Yeah, we lost to a team with championship experience, and our starting 5 consisted out of bench players also... Caron was puttin up above his average stats... I can't see tanking in that...

The Clips not only lost to the lowly Thunder... BUT THEY DO IT AT HOME!!!!! BY 41 POINTS!!!!! Get right buddy, that's TANKING to the fullest... If there is indeed any justice, we should draft before them...

Just have to say, the Wizards managed to lose to the Thunder when they played without Kevin Durant and Jeff Green. It's pretty clear that the LA Clippers have quit on coach Mike Dunleavy? But is NBA GM Mike Dunleavy actually going to fire him?

BTW, the Clippers have had terrible luck in the NBA lottery. While they have had a few solid picks (Maggette, Kaman, Lamar Odom) the ones that they were supposed to build their franchise around have been complete busts (Michael Olowakandi, Darius Miles, Shaun Livingston). It just goes to show that building a franchise with high draft picks doesn't always work as planned.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#547 » by hands11 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:00 pm

DaRealHibachi wrote:^^^^ Yeah, we lost to a team with championship experience, and our starting 5 consisted out of bench players also... Caron was puttin up above his average stats... I can't see tanking in that...

So competitive.

Are we really arguing over who tanked and who didn't in a thread call - The Tank Cave ?

While I don't think we really tried to tank this year, this last game was clearly a - Do No Hare - game.

That was an allowable tank game. You can get away with almost anything the last game of the season.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#548 » by pancakes3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:36 pm

so in retrospect, butler's game winner was a genius mastermind move - so that the wizards can point to it and say "hey... we couldn't have been tanking! CB WON us that game!". brilliant.
Bullets -> Wizards
perezident
Sixth Man
And1: 73
Location: On the beautiful island of the Bahamas. Where I was born

Post#549 » by perezident » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Stop complainin, you guys won the tie breaker with the clips....Good luck next month! Coming from a kings fan!
Smills91 wrote:You guys are idiots....
If you sleep on Beno, he can drop 30/10 on you.

^Shall remain until this happens :rofl:

theo42 wrote:If you think Philly isn't getting better you will be shocked with how they play this year.

^ :lol: (7/4/15)

Return to Washington Wizards