ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiz/Lakeshow. tanking unnecessary...

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Re: Wiz/Lakeshow. tanking unnecessary... 

Post#81 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:09 am

Kanyewest wrote:
The rookies played against the scrubs in the 4th quarter.

So, it was scrubs against scrubs. Equally matched. The same scrubs that torched the vet lineup.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#82 » by WizarDynasty » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:25 am

It was sad to see how EG's bench rejects whom he is building the team around faired against a current contender. It was sad to see how gasol a true two way allstar powerforward towered over jamison in the post to the point that jamison tried to avoid standing next to him on camera..because the height difference was so great.
McGee looked really bad out there. He was floating in the air with poor shooting pathetic layups that you would expect from a point guard like mike james.
He is as soft as baby's behind. He runs around Chris Mihms rather that bending his knees and trying to get leverage. He is a really bad post player who hates contact. Even guys like Amare when they came in the league with no college experience seems stronger than McGee and have less body mass. Even if McGee did get some muscle...he still hates contact and pushing and shoving for position grabbing rebounds.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
spaceman_E
Sixth Man
And1: 30

Post#83 » by spaceman_E » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:52 am

WizarDynasty wrote:A) It was sad to see how EG's bench rejects whom he is building the team around faired against a current contender. B) It was sad to see how gasol a true two way allstar powerforward towered over jamison in the post
C) McGee looked really bad out there. D) Even guys like Amare when they came in the league with no college experience seems stronger than McGee and have less body mass.

A) I'm pretty sure Ernie is building the team around the $100 million dollar man Gilbert Arenas and possibly his sidekick Haywood.

B) I do believe Jamison killed Gasol for 12pts on 5 shots in the 1st quarter. Gasol was immediately burned by Mcgee as well. Not much of a defensive all star.

C) Mcgee doesn't have much idea what he's doing out there as shown when derrick fisher (or whoever was playing pg for them at the time) got switched on to him, the lakers made no effort to switch and instead of posting up for an easy dunk he came to the top of the key to set a pick and allow a big to switch back onto him. No one argues that though, but you were still watching some other game if you say he looked bad. Other than 1 or 2 bogus calls on him (as well as some non-calls on O) he was everywhere, dunking and re-directing shots the entire time he was in.

D) Amare already had a nearly fully developed body out of high school so that comparison is way off. Amare was much closer to D. Howard and Lebron than the normal 18 year old body.
You don't win friends with salad.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#84 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:40 am

yungal07 wrote:This game is a perfect example of why I'd take McGee over Blatche without hesitation. McGee is wild out there, but you can't deny that he's always active. He tries to block and dunk everything...if he was a big thicker and stronger he'd be ridiculous right now. He doesn't take plays off -- he's constantly running the floor hard trying to be the first man down the court.

He does everything a typical rookie does -- turn the ball over, take bad shots, and bites on pump fakes, but at least he plays with passion. Can't say that for some of our other guys.

yungal, I think McGee is so talented that whomever coaches after Tapscott will notice.

I read into this that you want Javale at C and Blatche off the bench, or at least Javale playing more minutes than Andray. I don't see it as an either or. I like both players and see Andray having a different skill set than Javale.

I'm ecstatic both with Javale's motor at both ends of the court AND I'm loving Andray's progression on the court this season. Javale does try to dunk everything and with a little size and strength he looks like he'll be a monster. At the same time, over the past 15-20 games Andray has played a lot like a better-passing Hakeem without hops. Andray's touch on mid-range shots has been terrific. He's finisihing in the paint even if he can't dunk like Javale.

yungal, I know Tapscott's tripping on McGee's minutes but I have no problem with Andray's minutes or him starting at C over McGee.

What needs to happen IMO is the rest of the season for Javale to play more and to play more WITH Blatche as Jamison and Butler's minutes/stats are reduced.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#85 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:48 am

Ced67 wrote:
yungal07 wrote:This game is a perfect example of why I'd take McGee over Blatche without hesitation. McGee is wild out there, but you can't deny that he's always active. He tries to block and dunk everything...if he was a big thicker and stronger he'd be ridiculous right now. He doesn't take plays off -- he's constantly running the floor hard trying to be the first man down the court.

He does everything a typical rookie does -- turn the ball over, take bad shots, and bites on pump fakes, but at least he plays with passion. Can't say that for some of our other guys.

I COMPLETLEY AGREE.

I'd rather take a thin but muscular guy like McGee that can add 15-20 more pound of muscle to his frame than Blatche who seemingly is at about his peak weight around 240-245and is still built like a 12 year old. Hit the weight room, and play with a little passion for the whole game, not just when your jumper happens to be on.

P.S. I rarely go after an athlete the way I have been going after Blatche, because I'm not in the locker room, and I don't know him or anything, but I just can't stand this guy and most of it has to do with effort, at least look like you're trying. Look at McGee, he doesn't look like he knows what the hell he's doing half the time but at least we can appreciate the effort and it shows some promise that he's got the right attitude and can improve. Not many people are good enough to coast through games, not even the great passer, Andray Blatche. That guy's a real good passing big man.

I have seen a very different Blatche than what you and yungal are seeing. I think he's played with a lot more effort especially on defense the past 15 or so games.

I recall Blatche running the length of the court, not giving up on plays, to block shots in consecutive games a while back. Monstrous blocks. I've heard announcer talk up Blatche many times. Notably, he was KILLING the Kings and Brad Miller. Andray's been stuffing the stat sheets not just with points, but with assists, and more blocks recently. He's hitting clutch shots and ends of games. I could go on, but will stop to say he's playing very mature basketball for a 22-year old. Great mid-range shooter and also a big man who can take the opposing C to the top of the key and kiill him off the dribble. I don't mind that he's got no lift when I see him put the ball in the hoops. On defense, he's more experience than Javale and plays better right now.

The stuff about Andray's attitude you mention is 180 degrees different than quotes I've read where Andray wants to pick Brendan's brain on defense. Andray doesn't care about his numbers and puts team first. Andray is a great facilitator who looks for cutters. He's IMO a much more promising prospect at PF than Jamison.

I just don't get the hate based on the past for this guy and the fact that Tapscott's too dense to play Javale more. They're both promising as all heck.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#86 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:58 am

WizarDynasty wrote:It was sad to see how EG's bench rejects whom he is building the team around faired against a current contender. It was sad to see how gasol a true two way allstar powerforward towered over jamison in the post to the point that jamison tried to avoid standing next to him on camera..because the height difference was so great.
McGee looked really bad out there. He was floating in the air with poor shooting pathetic layups that you would expect from a point guard like mike james.
He is as soft as baby's behind. He runs around Chris Mihms rather that bending his knees and trying to get leverage. He is a really bad post player who hates contact. Even guys like Amare when they came in the league with no college experience seems stronger than McGee and have less body mass. Even if McGee did get some muscle...he still hates contact and pushing and shoving for position grabbing rebounds.

WD, Javale isn't soft IMO. I do notice his legs being straight up and him either getting backed down or him being out of position on a defensive rotation. But I'm not tripping on either the dunk by Gasol or the back down by Mihm you noticed. I don't see him as a bad post player even though I see the flaws at both ends in the post.

What I see is a freakish athlete who's not yet 21. I see a rookie who's got all the time in the world to learn more. Offensively, big man camp will raise Javale's game to the stratosphere is my guess. McGee is already a scorer as a big man. He can not just dunk, but he's got nasty fadeaways and real good touch when he has his shoulders square and plays under control. With footwork, Javale has all star talent at C. Defensively, he's going to get better with age as he gets bigger and stronger.

To me, Javale's a Camby-with offense type player. He'll never be physically a banger but that kid will be a good rebounder and an impact player at both ends.

I'm not at all critical of him and I think you're way off about his game against the Lakers. I know his points came in garbage time against the Laker's bench. But still, the Lakers have experience and size off their bench and McGee made those guys like like statues.

So what if Gasol dunked on him because he was late on a rotation or Mihm backed him down. How much age and experience, and in Mihm's case, strength do those guys have?

I think you are way off on Javale just like ced and yungal are way off on Blatche. The young bigs are both good prospects. Very good IMO.
Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#87 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ced67 wrote:

I COMPLETLEY AGREE.

I'd rather take a thin but muscular guy like McGee that can add 15-20 more pound of muscle to his frame than Blatche who seemingly is at about his peak weight around 240-245and is still built like a 12 year old. Hit the weight room, and play with a little passion for the whole game, not just when your jumper happens to be on.

P.S. I rarely go after an athlete the way I have been going after Blatche, because I'm not in the locker room, and I don't know him or anything, but I just can't stand this guy and most of it has to do with effort, at least look like you're trying. Look at McGee, he doesn't look like he knows what the hell he's doing half the time but at least we can appreciate the effort and it shows some promise that he's got the right attitude and can improve. Not many people are good enough to coast through games, not even the great passer, Andray Blatche. That guy's a real good passing big man.

I have seen a very different Blatche than what you and yungal are seeing. I think he's played with a lot more effort especially on defense the past 15 or so games.

I recall Blatche running the length of the court, not giving up on plays, to block shots in consecutive games a while back. Monstrous blocks. I've heard announcer talk up Blatche many times. Notably, he was KILLING the Kings and Brad Miller. Andray's been stuffing the stat sheets not just with points, but with assists, and more blocks recently. He's hitting clutch shots and ends of games. I could go on, but will stop to say he's playing very mature basketball for a 22-year old. Great mid-range shooter and also a big man who can take the opposing C to the top of the key and kiill him off the dribble. I don't mind that he's got no lift when I see him put the ball in the hoops. On defense, he's more experience than Javale and plays better right now.

The stuff about Andray's attitude you mention is 180 degrees different than quotes I've read where Andray wants to pick Brendan's brain on defense. Andray doesn't care about his numbers and puts team first. Andray is a great facilitator who looks for cutters. He's IMO a much more promising prospect at PF than Jamison.

I just don't get the hate based on the past for this guy and the fact that Tapscott's too dense to play Javale more. They're both promising as all heck.

Thank you CCJ for showing a little perspective. It really annoys me how this board will love a player after a good game and then hate him after a bad game. Blatche has been a pretty darn solid player this year for a 22-year old. I'm pretty happy with his development this season. I'd just like to see him play well for 30 minutes a game instead of 24. I can't tell if that's Blatche's fault or Tankscott's.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#88 » by pancakes3 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:39 pm

AB's limited 24 mins was probably because of mcgee's extended 24 minutes. with our lack of size there's no doubt that one of them has to be out there at any given time. I don't recall the two of them playing together any because ET wanted to give OPEC burn, which i thought was ridiculous considering how well D-Song was doing in his limited play.

I also have my doubts on mike james and d-mac being starters. mike james one of the few credible 3 point threats on the team and d-mac's defense is undeniable, but those skills are their only skills. Mike James brings little more to the table than his shot (his playmaking ability is mediocre at best) and DMac while playing great man-to-man defense is little more than a screen setter on offense. I do think that DMac has a stronger case for starting than Mike James. James is old, sucky, and selfish. As long as we're tanking, i'd much rather let critter run out there running the show.

I think Nick Young should start in DMac's stead. DMac's lack of offense is allowing his defender to crowd the paint, taking away driving lanes for butler and jamison, forcing those ill-advised jumpers. The announcers are all harping on the wizards for being too perimeter oriented, but it's probably just as high a % shot for a jumper as it is for butler to drive to the lane with his defender on him, help defense from D-mac's defender, and Bynum/Gasol anchoring both sides of the lane. N1's ability to shoot the midrange jumper, drive/dish capabilities, and reasonable defense allows us to not get blown out too much at the start of games. Plus the tradeoff between offense/defense between the two is heavily in young's favor.

As for McGee, his potential is just tantalizing enough for you to be happy with what you have, and yet his lack of basketball iq frustrates you to think how effective he COULD be. On the half-court set mcgee was as lost as always, and still managed to get 18 points, arguably all off hustle and athleticism alone. The potential allowed him to have 18/9 - a lone bright spot on a pretty dismal game. however the frustration made you think if he could've been a difference maker in the outcome of the shellacking. The progress made in this off season in terms of fundamentals will be a major tell of whether we have something special, or another tease like blatche.
Bullets -> Wizards
Ced67
Senior
And1: 0

Post#89 » by Ced67 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Nate, to be fair, I have always felt like this about Blatche and I will continue to, I don't know if we're watching two different games or not but I just can't see what people see in him. It irks me when people say he should take Jamison's place in the starting lineup at PF. I don't know if its the fact that he's 6'11 and this team for some time has had a major size problem in the post, or the fact that he's a good passer as a big. Whatever the case, I don't see it. I see a sluggish big out there who tries to play like a SF and gives minimal effort. However, I really like what I'm seeing from McGee and even Crittendon's ability to handle to ball. I also like the fact that McGuire can handle the ball and has been taking more shots. I think he will probably work on his jumper this offseason, so it'll be interesting to see what it looks like next season. But the difference with those guys and Blatche is that they have been here for 1 and 2 years respectively where Blatche has been here for 4 seasons now. I know he might be putting up decent "numbers', but its not only about numbers, just watch the game and follow him. I think that his support is starting to become Kwameesque. If you're young and 7 foot you seemingly get a pass.
"We kept acquiring projects. Nick is a project. JaVale is a project. Javaris is a project. Eventually when you have enough projects, you live in the 'hood." --Gilbert Arenas

john2jer wrote:Only way we trade [Delonte] West is if Paul, Howard, or Kobe is coming back.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#90 » by mhd » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Those advocating getting rid of Blatche IMO are cluless. He's signed to a dirt cheap contract, he's young, and he's played prettty darn well this year. A Haywood Blatche frontcourt is going to be a solid defensive froncourt next year.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#91 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Ced67 wrote:Nate, to be fair, I have always felt like this about Blatche and I will continue to.

<snip>

I see a sluggish big out there who tries to play like a SF and gives minimal effort.

I feel exactly the same way. I don't hate Blatche like I hated Kwame. He's already light years better than Kwame ever was in a Wiz uni. And I fully understand the rationale for keeping him. I just have a bad taste in my mouth from his on and off court issues over the past few years and I'm tired of seeing him continue to make the same mistakes.

Hey, if we had just signed him this summer and I'd never seen him play before, I'd probably be more supportive. But knowing that the mistakes he's making are the same dumb plays he's been making since day one sours it for me. I just don't see enough mental growth to make me think he'll be a reliable starter on a winning team for any great length of time. And if that's the case, trading him before the rest of the league figures that out is in our longterm best interests - especially if we draft a PF this summer.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#92 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:16 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
gowiz999 wrote:Mike James is so awful. Why does Dixon never see the light of day anymore? :-?

I never understood that. He gets in like every 10 games or so, lights it up then we never see him again. WTH??

He doesn't have much trade value and his contract is expiring.

He won't be here next year.

They need to play James, NY, Crit and DMAC.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#93 » by MJG » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:16 pm

mhd wrote:Those advocating getting rid of Blatche IMO are cluless. He's signed to a dirt cheap contract, he's young, and he's played prettty darn well this year. A Haywood Blatche frontcourt is going to be a solid defensive froncourt next year.

What I find so weird is that it's not like people are just open to trading him; rather, many seem to actively want the guy gone. I just flat out don't get it. My best guess is that some cannot separate his potential from his reality, and thus consider him a failure because he isn't living up to the maximum that he can be. If he were instead some D-League callup who came in and produced at the same level, people would be thrilled with him.

Blatche certainly has his flaws. He's inconsistent, prone to stupid fouls, and likely leads the team in facepalm plays. But why isn't that mitigated by the fact that he's a big making only $3 million per for another three years? How many PF/Cs in the league make less than that (on a non-rookie contract) while still being at all productive? It wouldn't surprise me if there were none.
hands11
Banned User

Post#94 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:The coach of this team sucks and this franchise doesn't know how to develop young talent.

Nothing new. Rinse and repeat.

What stands out to me is how much support the Lakers have on the side lines.

Jabber and Clark Kent.

Where are our pass greats? Where is Hayes, Bobby D, Rulland, Kevin Porter, D Bing. Unseld knows how to box out and even as much as I hate on him as a GM or coach couldn't he help our bigs?. What is Phil doing to help besides getting paid to talk about the team? This team needs to tap into it's successful history to bring some presence and pride. That's what the Celtics and Lakers bring that is extra. Many franchises don't have this history. We do and we don't use it. These old time players should be visiting practice and the organization should be embracing their help. They can help create an hora. They should be at the games. It's like when you join the armed forces you become a part of something that has a history and a tradition of success. This is huge for young minds. It gives them context and something to draw on and shoot for. We are totally missing the boat by not doing this more.

And again, we have no true leadership on the court. I saw Kobe get on Paul for letting McGee body his. He yelled at him to shake him off. Paul came back and abused us several times with toughness after that. We don't have this type of player on our team. Sadly, even with GA back. Haywood may be the closest thing to it.
hands11
Banned User

Post#95 » by hands11 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:07 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Ced67 wrote:Nate, to be fair, I have always felt like this about Blatche and I will continue to.

<snip>

I see a sluggish big out there who tries to play like a SF and gives minimal effort.

I feel exactly the same way. I don't hate Blatche like I hated Kwame. He's already light years better than Kwame ever was in a Wiz uni. And I fully understand the rationale for keeping him. I just have a bad taste in my mouth from his on and off court issues over the past few years and I'm tired of seeing him continue to make the same mistakes.

Hey, if we had just signed him this summer and I'd never seen him play before, I'd probably be more supportive. But knowing that the mistakes he's making are the same dumb plays he's been making since day one sours it for me. I just don't see enough mental growth to make me think he'll be a reliable starter on a winning team for any great length of time. And if that's the case, trading him before the rest of the league figures that out is in our longterm best interests - especially if we draft a PF this summer.

I just want to see toughness and focus. That is what I want from more then just Blatche.

You see how the Lakers players are. They are talking to each other. Yelling at each other. Pounding each other in the back. I want so to see some emotion from these younger players. They keep to much inside.

AJ and CB do some of this but it seems like they are only doing it to themselves. That's a start but I want to see these guys doing it to each other. It's a war. You have to approach it like that. You have your troops. They have theirs. You have to keep talking and pumping each other up.

Look at a KG. The guy gets himself ramped before I game like he is entering a war. I see no such passion our players. That is a lot of what is missing. I can deal with inexperience but you have to have heart and passion. KG pounds himself in the chest like a boxer hits himself in the face. You have to get pumped up and keep you teammates pumped up.

We have these quite guys like smiley Nick, and no tongue DMAC. Does DMAC even speak ?

This is what you get in a KIdd, Nash, Kobe, CP, KG that makes a different. They are intense and they are going to talk to you.

While AD was getting old and breaking down, he had this kind of heart. He put his body on the line with those drives. As much as we are missing Haywood, last season had a lot to do with AD and his personality/leadership/heart also. And in trading him, we didn't replace that presence.

I think Haywood is this type of player also. That is what is missing from last season.

But the best players to do this are ones that can back it up on offense and defense. While Haywood hasn't been a All-Star, you miss his presence. He is a big tough dude who plays with energy and puts in the work in the off season and he has passion. I honestly think he is our most complete player playing at a natural position.

As established talent, he is probably on only one I wouldn't move. As a prospect, McGee. Other then that, anyone is movable in my mind tough there are some I would like to see how it plays out such as Blatche with more big vets around him.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#96 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:41 pm

hands11 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
gowiz999 wrote:Mike James is so awful. Why does Dixon never see the light of day anymore? :-?

I never understood that. He gets in like every 10 games or so, lights it up then we never see him again. WTH??

He doesn't have much trade value and his contract is expiring.

He won't be here next year.

They need to play James, NY, Crit and DMAC.

I would understand that if we were tanking properly but, Tappy is honestly out there trying to win games. Playing Tanktwan and Prune Juice 40min a game??
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#97 » by dandridge 10 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:37 pm

MJG wrote:
mhd wrote:Those advocating getting rid of Blatche IMO are cluless. He's signed to a dirt cheap contract, he's young, and he's played prettty darn well this year. A Haywood Blatche frontcourt is going to be a solid defensive froncourt next year.

What I find so weird is that it's not like people are just open to trading him; rather, many seem to actively want the guy gone. I just flat out don't get it. My best guess is that some cannot separate his potential from his reality, and thus consider him a failure because he isn't living up to the maximum that he can be. If he were instead some D-League callup who came in and produced at the same level, people would be thrilled with him.

Blatche certainly has his flaws. He's inconsistent, prone to stupid fouls, and likely leads the team in facepalm plays. But why isn't that mitigated by the fact that he's a big making only $3 million per for another three years? How many PF/Cs in the league make less than that (on a non-rookie contract) while still being at all productive? It wouldn't surprise me if there were none.

I haven't heard many people, if any, on this board advocating getting rid of Blatche for nothing. I think most if not all people agree that he is a decent player with a lot of potential. However, I think there are quite a few (me included) that don't think Blatche will maximize his potential and be anything more than a decent back-up. Why? Because we see him as lazy. To me, he reminds me of my law school roomate years ago. The guy was brilliant and could have been top in our class if he put in half the effort. However, he finished in the middle of the pack because he'd rather party and have fun instead of putting in the hard work.

Yeah, Blatche has been playing decent lately. However, at the same time, there are many things that still bother me and others about his game. He is soft as molasses going to the rack, preferring to play below the rim instead of above it (even Phil Chenier has been critical lately that Blatche needs to develop a power game); he doesn't seem to like to mix it up down low and fails to box out; he makes a lot of silly fouls, not from playing aggressively, but because of lazy defensive plays (failing to move his feet; reaching from behind); his help defense is pretty poor; and he often disappears when we need him the most. All of these flaws are not from a lack of skill or understanding of the game (unlike with McGee). All of these flaws are the result of a lack of effort and passion for the game.

The reason that some of us are much higher on McGee than Blatche is that we believe there is a greater chance that McGee will learn the game and become an elite player, than Blatche will put in the work ethic and effort to be an elite player. It has been widely publicized the Blatche has a poor work ethic, and to me, his play shows it. Yeah, CCJ has pointed out that Blatche has recently made comments that appear that he is focusing more on learning and putting in effort. But you know what, those are just words. Kwame made the same kind of positive comments.

Does all of the above mean that I and the others just want to give Blatche away? Heck no. I agree with you guys that he is a decent player with a cheap contract. However, I just happen to believe that his ceiling is much lower than some of you think it is because of his lack of work ethic and passion. If the Wizards can get someone to bite on a trade which includes Blatche because they think his ceiling is much higher, I'd be all for it if it nets us a very good player that can produce on a consistent basis. In other words, I'm not looking to dump Blatche. But, if the Wizards could pull off another Kwame for Butler type deal, I would be all over it.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#98 » by Kanyewest » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:22 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:
The rookies played against the scrubs in the 4th quarter.

So, it was scrubs against scrubs. Equally matched. The same scrubs that torched the vet lineup.

No they weren't the same "scrubs". The Lakers chose not to play Odom, Ariza, and Vujacic for most of the 4th quarter. Both the vets and the young guys got torched when they were in. It wasn't fair for the young guys to get all of the blame (and by young guys I mean Young and McGee).
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 550

Post#99 » by daSwami » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:28 pm

LyricalRico wrote: I just have a bad taste in my mouth from his ... off court issues over the past few years and I'm tired of seeing him continue to make the same mistakes.

You and the hooker both. (or maybe you were the hooker)
:banghead:
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#100 » by WizarDynasty » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:25 am

no somebody needs to come in here and really check you guys. First off, Blatche picks up the majority of his fouls on another guys man. Usually butler and jamison are beaten on defense and Blatche has to foul their man in order to prevent an easy layup. the initial break down on defense is almost never blatche's man. The problem with this is that Blatche is the one left holding the foul and being sent to the bench almost EVERYGAME because he has to sacrfice his foul limit and playing time all because butler and jamison get beat on almost EVERYPLAY.
It is really that simple. Jamison is usually standing and caron butler are usually watching their man driving past them to the hoop and it blatche's responsibility to not only cover his man but prevent an easy layup due to Jamison and butler getting beaten on the perimeter.
It a simple fact that Blatche's progress is really dampen because he often picks up fouls from both Jamison and Butlers poor defense.
Blatche to many times in the game is forced to sacrifice a foul and get his minutes cut short because the poor defensive breakdowns of jamison and butlers man penetrating the basket for easy layups.
Haywood had this same problem last year but had blatche to come and suck up more fouls without a dramatic drop off. this year the problem is magnified because blatche is good but no where near as good grabbing offensive rebounds as haywood and giving us extra posessions and haywood has a better post game and shot blocking ability.
either way...caron and jamison will forever lose games against playoff teams because they can't contain their man and give up easy layup forcing our bigs into foul trouble.
There are no stats to account for how many fouls blatche and haywood pick up due to caron and jamison getting beat on perimeter and giving up easy layups.
there two players are fatal to any team because they can't guard both the jumpshot and perimeter driving because both players are slow non agile players guaring the perimeter and both have poor change of direction of ability when guarding..and both players have poor wingspans forcing them to play closer to their man than an above average defender would have too.
This is the fatal flow of EG decisions making that Wiz fans will have to suffer for..for years to come. Hail to EG and huge depression for Blatche being forced to foul every play to prevent easy layups from jamison and butler and recently mike james.
In Blatche's world...collect fouls preventing easy layups due to poor defense of your two "stars" or get more minutes and not put yourself in foul trouble.
You should have seen Gasol against Jamison..two supposed p/f allstars. It really shows you the difference between a two way legitimate allstar--two way meaning above average on offense and defense..and unathletic non shot blocking s/f--that can't even shoot .50 for the season even though his role is suppose to be your "strenght player on the court".
Its one thing that jamison is short and can't block shots...then factor in that he is also weak against adn doesn't have post game.
Blatche circumstances are highly linked to EG decisions of making Jamison the "power" player the court.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce

Return to Washington Wizards