Wiz-Board Rules, Links, Traditions and HOF Posts Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Wiz-Board Rules, Links, Traditions and HOF Posts Thread 

Post#41 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Not basketall related (Stephen King is the subject.), but wow, just wow.. and he (Doc; not King) writes gems like this all the time. Sampling doc:

doclinkin wrote:Late night and the highway is hissing, road spray from a passing truck overloads the wiper blades you know you should have changed a dozen storms ago; and your tired is tired. When you roll off at the next blue sign with the proper icons, and turn the corner: that Stuckey's logo, that '...billions sold', that Dunkin' logo-- like a natural born relief, you'll make a choice. Anywhere in America you know where you are.

And if the lady behind the counter is a little odd, a little too old, wandering eye makes it look like she's talking to a guy who isn't behind you. If there's a booth with two long-haul truckers, rigs idling out back, one turns his head when you come in. If you have a bleary moment when the menu makes no real sense, or if --coffee in hand-- the rain on the window beads up like gel, like jellyfish on the sand, no really what the f*ck-- like Dippity Doo hair gel that your sister used to use in junior high.

Well that sense of the familiar becomes threatening. It could be you, here, on this page.

It's a shortcut. Stephen King is saying: the setting is today, the time is now, and I'll write another book next month if you need me to keep it current. Little is so dated as last month's 'now', read a People magazine from six months ago and you might feel a sort of sick feeling at how quickly popular culture expires, goes 'funny', quicker than skim milk in southern heat.

But I don't know that that quality makes it bad, a Stephen King book or the like. It just hasn't 'antiqued' enough to turn quaint. Or comfortingly nostalgic. But when you're seventy, eighty, and the kids these days don't remember what was a Tower Records, a cassette mixtape, a VCR, pumping 'gas' into your car, well I'm pretty sure these brightly colored logos will still be vivid in your head, be like finding a working cigarette vending machine with pull knobs at an abandoned gas station, somewhere between Nevada and Mexico and you took a wrong turn.

Pretty sure I recall even Gatsby had a moment or two of what was then current, now sepia tone. And if at the nursing home on movie night someone plays The Breakfast Club, pretty sure more than a few aged snobs will feel a cresting swell of nostalgia, leaves you seasick with longing or deja vu.

Stephen King just hasn't yet passed, become a touchstone figure of a time and place. Not every work of every author survives as a classic. But there are a few stories of Stephen King that will become or stay important. To me anyway. Most have become movies actually. Kubrick's The Shining, say.

One that will always stand out for me, that I could go back and read at any time sorta illustrates the above point precisely: the novella The Body from the collection Different Seasons, chock full of his childhood logos and fizzy sodas and jingles long gone, became the move 'Stand By Me' with dead River Pheonix. Pretty sure I won't forget that one for quite some long time, and if they play that at movie night, I'll surely wheel my chair to the front row.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#42 » by BigA » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Rescuing this one from the archives

Thread: Buckhantz, his ex girlfriend, DAGGER, and a life lesson
Poster: imperium1999
Posted: December 20, 2007, 6:02 PM

So last night i'm at this new place in georgetown called hook. well not that new but newish.

i'm sitting at the bar with my friend having some much deserved after work drinks and this 40ish blond walks in and is waiting by herself. so i strike up a conversation with her and find out she lives in Aspen blah blah blah and then we get to the dating thing (see because i'm married of course).

turns out she says she was buckhantz's girl friend here for years.

now she was pretty hot for a 40 year old (hahahah 40 aint old when you can see it coming right around the corner) and i was kinda surprised at the buckhantzer's pull with the hot blond.

i had had two martinis at this point so i asked her if he ever shouted DAGGER in the bedroom with her.

she looked at me kinda strangely and said she had no idea what DAGGER meant.

so i laughed and laughed and then geeked out on her by explaining that i was going to come online and share this odd story with my internet friends that i originally met in a britney spears chat room (right jason?).

thats where i lost her i think.

so the point of this story is:

1) buck had a hot girlfriend (who said that he's not as fat in real life as he looks on TV)
2) buck never shouts DAGGER in the bedroom or in any other personal situations apparently
3) don't talk about your internet friends when flirting with a hot blond

EDIT:
Here's the entire thread:
nate33 wrote:Some direct links to the thread via the Wayback Machine:
page 1
page 2
page 3
page 4
Warning, the links are painfully slow.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#43 » by fishercob » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:10 pm

The great doclinkin eulogizes Abe Pollin

I loved old uncle Abe. Something about the guy was endearing even when he was awkward. I'll hear nothing bad about him today. Those who lack perspective may point out a man's shortcomings in a retrospective on his life, but if you look closer you'll wish you lived more in Abe's world than the one you live in now.

Thirty years with no ring. Yes. But every year he had irrepressible enthusiasm and belief that this year his team could pull together and shock the world. He hired people he trusted and then mostly stood back and let them do the job, occasionally standing on a matter of principle, yes often at the wrong time. But the core principles were worth upholding even if they didn't ring true at the time.

Loyalty: Wes Unseld won Mr Pollin a ring and was a staunch and loyal friend, in return Mr Pollin found a place for him in the organization at every level, an employee for life. And a place in the family for his son Wes Jr.

Character: Okay he let Chris Webber go. But show me how many rings CWebb won elsewhere? More importantly, at the time Webber was constantly embarrassing the organization with petty arrests, speeding, drugs, being at the wrong party busted by police. Go back far enough and you notice that golden boy CWebb lied to a grand jury and accepted large money under the table. Not like he was poor either, he was a middle class kid, no inner city Jalen Rose/Juwan Howard. CWebb envied his fab five teammates for their poverty and played the gangster in his later associations. Always managed to sorta slide out from the consequences by batting his eyelashes and giving that sly million dollar grin. So he was traded for certified good guy Mitch Richmond. Toothless and old as he was. Mistake perhaps from a pure talent perspective.

And true, perhaps the move was out of step with the times, athletes nowadays are outsized characters who get in scrapes with the law. Even last year's championship MVP dodged a rape charge. Morals perhaps are not measured in the wins and losses column. Athletes simply operate with different rules, and the more outsized the talent, often the more they can get away with.

But should they? You're paying an employee millions of dollars not only to run around and sweat in short pants or stay in shape year round -- but to be a public figure, broadcast to millions, like it or not: a role model for hundreds of thousands of kids. All this in a city that has been through periodic epidemics of drug plagues, along with attendant violence. Here is a man who quietly poured untold thousands of dollars into ensuring that kids had turkeys for Thanksgiving, sneakers, ballcourts, books for schools. He was doing this for decades before Mr Stern followed his lead and instituted a league-wide 'NBA Cares' program. He did this on a yearly basis, with or without a press release, simply because it was the right thing to do. Should he keep an employee as a role model who teaches kids the wrong message? That it's okay to break certain laws, and that if you're good enough you'll get away with it?

Values. To me the ideal illustration of Abe Pollin, awkward and all, came in his dealings with Mike Jordan. In Jordan's farewell tour he was feted and celebrated across the league. Fans came out in hordes to see him, opponents fawned to pay him their respects. Miami GM/Coach/GM-again/CEO Pat Riley retired the guy's jersey number, and if I recall it right, rolled him out a motorcycle, Harley Davidson or something, and a Rolex I'm thinking, or a box of cuban cigars and fancy humidor or the like to honor him. Abe Pollin by contrast gifted his employee by donating something like a few hundred computers in MJ's name to area schools.

Right, what the hell is Jordan gonna do with that? In Jordan's name? What good is that? Not like Pollin wasn't going to donate the computers anyway. Riles showed him up. He looked like a piker, Abe looked cheap, and MJ accepted it with poor grace. Hell if MJ wanted to donate computers he surely could have done so himself.

Fact is, he didn't though. Now who knows if he ever rode that bike, pretty sure he already had a nice watch. Pretty sure he could have bought himself a cigar or two. Nice gesture to retire a number I suppose. But long term, ultimately if a dozen kids got into college because their school had a computer lab, if a few kids learned secretarial skills from a typing program, or spent a few hours after school farting around on cyberspace instead of running with the rough crowd, then which gesture did more good?

My absolutely favorite Abe memory in my limited DC tenure was how thoroughly chuffed he was in the first Jamison year when Tawn and Gil made the all star team and Larry might have but for his yearly injury vacation. I couldn't help but chuckle when Abe came out saying how "gotdamned proud he was of all of you" then to honor the guys he had a special surprise for them: "Where's the cake? Bring that cake out".

Cake. Not rolex, not new cars. Here's the old guy beaming a billion watt smile, and the players basically nonplussed. Gilbert was in fact about to play the prankster and dump cake on (Awvee? maybe?) when in the background I think Coach Eddie or Tawn caught him and stopped him. Letting the old guy continue to bask in the moment, show his respect the best way he knew how. Was it 'cheap'? Out of touch with the modern athlete? Or was it just a guy following his instincts, trying to do something nice for people on a basic level, because, in all honesty, when we're kids growing up, who doesn't like cake?

I hope to all the gawds of basketball that someday soon the ping pong balls of fate bounce just the right way and this team wins the whole dang thing. And on that day I'll get myself a huge slice of cake in Abe's honor, knowing the good old guy is just beaming down on his City and the folks he cares about. My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of Mr Abe Pollin. And my thoughts and prayers to the people of the District. You just picked up another guardian angel and a tough fighter and advocate in heaven. Hopefully up there his values have more sway. Love that old guy.

-doc.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
lupin
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#44 » by lupin » Wed Dec 2, 2009 12:41 pm

Dat2U wrote:
hands11 wrote:Orlando is in for 74M next year. That would be a 40M cap hit DAME
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm

It's DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! WTF is DAME? I've read DAME for two **** years and I kept thinking it was a **** mistype, but every single **** time I read your posts I see a GAWDDAMN DAME!

:evil:
------------------------------
New RealGM :: New Coke :: is the suck.
HPM
Ballboy

Post#45 » by HPM » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:52 am

I haven't really read this thread through but shouldn't there be a hall of fame for people too? I remember browsing this thread and I would always read Giltawn Butler's posts.... he was always insightful and full of wisdom.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#46 » by mohammed10 » Sun Jan 3, 2010 4:34 am

How do I PM one of the Board Mods?

I have a great idea for a thread that I want to clear from one of them...

Thanx
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#47 » by miller31time » Mon Jan 4, 2010 1:09 am

mohammed10 wrote:How do I PM one of the Board Mods?

I have a great idea for a thread that I want to clear from one of them...

Thanx

Unfortunately, PMs have been disabled for non-mod users. The admins are (supposedly) working on fixing that issue.

If you need to reach me, here's my email address...

Xela2340@aol.com
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by Zerocious » Thu Jan 7, 2010 2:57 am

Miller, it might be time to add another topic here in the announcement section. i know it has already extensively been covered in pretty much every topic here not in the least this thread here, but something that catches the eye saying something like: BEFORE YOU EVEN F'IN THINK ABOUT CREATING A NEW THREAD TOPIC READ THIS!!! lol. and then state in the firts post: don't. just don't do it.

:lol:

this is getting crazy! reminds me of when a certain poster managed to get mod status over some rogue thread starters end of 2006 season.....oh wait.....nevermind
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#49 » by miller31time » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:26 pm

Requested by TSW...

Ed Wood wrote:
chubby_1_kenobi wrote:If your fanbase is so happy why is your signature so sarcastic?

Oh no, we're not capable of sarcasm here. You see living in the nation's capital has provided us with a strong lack of tact and subtlety, so you can pretty much take everything we say at face value.

CCJ wrote:chubby_1_kenobi, first of all thanks for starting a thought-provoking thread.

Anyway, you are totally right about everything you're saying; the day that the Wizards buyout Zydrunas Ilgauskas is the day that the music will die for this franchise. I'm not such a good writer but I want to talk about why I just said that and I figured it would be nice if it was well written so I'm gonna do this like this website I found told me I should write to get a good grade on a social studies paper.

First it says you should look up the word you wanna talk about and just say that in the paper; I'm going to do that so give me a second... OK Google says pride is a Japanese fighting thing but it also says its "a becoming or dignified sense of what is due to oneself or one's position or character; self-respect; self-esteem." Then it says to explain what the definition has to do with what you're talking about, and I'm not so sure I know but I'll try. The character of the Wizards, as a professional basketball franchise, is to attempt to put the best product out on the court that it can and to look to do everything it can all the time to make the team better. So being proud as a basketball team is about always working to be better, and wanting to improve. If the Wizards want to be a self-respecting team they have to be good, or armbar really fat guys, I don't think google really knows what it's saying.

Ok so now I have to back up my argument and provide examples, but I'm agreeing with your argument, so I'm improvising a little. The Wizards have the rights to Big Z right now and they want to buy out his contract to save money and so that other teams will keep trading with them and players will like them. But if they were proud of being Wizards they'd be holding on to Z like (it says metaphors are like steroids for grades) they needed him to live. The right way to become the best team you can be is to be as petty and and conniving as possible. Z doesn't want to be here and the Cavs probably entered into an agreement with the Wizards with the understanding that we'd let him go but if we're huge jerks and make everyone angry then we'll be feared, and fear will keep the local franchises in line. (The guide doesn't say this but Star Wars is cool so I'm going for broke) We need to get everyone else to listen so we'll have pride, help me chubby_1_kenobi, you're my only hope.

Thread...

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=990797
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#50 » by Scabs304 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:44 am

Ruzious wrote:Not basketall related (Stephen King is the subject.), but wow, just wow.. and he (Doc; not King) writes gems like this all the time. Sampling doc:

doclinkin wrote:Late night and the highway is hissing, road spray from a passing truck overloads the wiper blades you know you should have changed a dozen storms ago; and your tired is tired. When you roll off at the next blue sign with the proper icons, and turn the corner: that Stuckey's logo, that '...billions sold', that Dunkin' logo-- like a natural born relief, you'll make a choice. Anywhere in America you know where you are.

And if the lady behind the counter is a little odd, a little too old, wandering eye makes it look like she's talking to a guy who isn't behind you. If there's a booth with two long-haul truckers, rigs idling out back, one turns his head when you come in. If you have a bleary moment when the menu makes no real sense, or if --coffee in hand-- the rain on the window beads up like gel, like jellyfish on the sand, no really what the f*ck-- like Dippity Doo hair gel that your sister used to use in junior high.

Well that sense of the familiar becomes threatening. It could be you, here, on this page.

It's a shortcut. Stephen King is saying: the setting is today, the time is now, and I'll write another book next month if you need me to keep it current. Little is so dated as last month's 'now', read a People magazine from six months ago and you might feel a sort of sick feeling at how quickly popular culture expires, goes 'funny', quicker than skim milk in southern heat.

But I don't know that that quality makes it bad, a Stephen King book or the like. It just hasn't 'antiqued' enough to turn quaint. Or comfortingly nostalgic. But when you're seventy, eighty, and the kids these days don't remember what was a Tower Records, a cassette mixtape, a VCR, pumping 'gas' into your car, well I'm pretty sure these brightly colored logos will still be vivid in your head, be like finding a working cigarette vending machine with pull knobs at an abandoned gas station, somewhere between Nevada and Mexico and you took a wrong turn.

Pretty sure I recall even Gatsby had a moment or two of what was then current, now sepia tone. And if at the nursing home on movie night someone plays The Breakfast Club, pretty sure more than a few aged snobs will feel a cresting swell of nostalgia, leaves you seasick with longing or deja vu.

Stephen King just hasn't yet passed, become a touchstone figure of a time and place. Not every work of every author survives as a classic. But there are a few stories of Stephen King that will become or stay important. To me anyway. Most have become movies actually. Kubrick's The Shining, say.

One that will always stand out for me, that I could go back and read at any time sorta illustrates the above point precisely: the novella The Body from the collection Different Seasons, chock full of his childhood logos and fizzy sodas and jingles long gone, became the move 'Stand By Me' with dead River Pheonix. Pretty sure I won't forget that one for quite some long time, and if they play that at movie night, I'll surely wheel my chair to the front row.

Which thread is this from????
I am Scabs.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#51 » by doclinkin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:38 am

Book review thread. I'll try to find a link.... Hang on....

Somewhere in here:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=911933
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#52 » by doclinkin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:24 am

Dat2U wrote:HOF post.

Sure why not:

Ed Wood wrote:Yes, I do not have any idea what precisely occurred CCJ, but I'm not providing anyone with a pass when the entire roster and coaching staff has conspired to produce some truly abominable basketball over the course of the year. I'm certainly not toasting Flip for the histrionics on his part that have characterized this season. I don't care how frustrating it's been for him to have to helm our trash barge (extremely I'm sure) and I don't loose sleep at night as I imagine he might over what this year is doing to his reputation and his ability to find another job should he part ways with this one. I'm even very fond of Andray, insofar as a fan can be fond of a player without knowing him and while he's part of a dirty dozen tasked with the desperate mission to attempt to convince that fan to never want to watch basketball again. That's why I'm coming down on Andray here, because I care about Andray and I want to see the guy accomplish something in a Wizards uniform.

And you know what, maybe Andray is in the relative right here. Maybe he had no intention whatsoever to do anything but everything he could to follow Flip's instructions and is genuinely mystified by Flip's indignation. Maybe he wanted to get in that game and be a part of that loss yesterday and it hurt him that Flip did not share that desire. Maybe five hundred years from now when we build an all-knowing all-powerful supercomputer to reveal to us the mysteries of the universe it will inform us that the biggest son of a bitch in the history of creation was Flip Saunders on the night of Tuesday, March 23, 2010. I must reiterate, I don't give a **** about Flip Saunders. As far as I'm concerned at the end of the year we can see him off with a firm handshake and a tattoo of the team's record across the forehead and that'd be swell. But I do care about Andray, and I want him to be a good player, and he's closer than he's ever been, closer than I expected he'd be when the Wizards traded Antawn Jamison.

And what I'm seeing right now is from Andray is bush league as hell. Flip should not have come crying to the media with his various woes but again, if I were Flip Saunders secret Santa I'd be chewing ten **** bucks worth of gum when I looked the man in the eyes and told him I didn't have the cash to buy a gift; you get the idea. Andray could have stepped up and earned some respect, which is apparently a pretty big deal for him, and kept it in house, talked with Flip, worked things out, been the professional. Instead we're running play-by-play for a dick waving contest. Yeah, I'm sure it rankled Andray's pride to have to hear Flip kvetching about him to anyone who'd listen, but there ain't no escalator to the high road. I will certainly say that from what has been attributed to Andray he comes off better here than Flip, but that's not the better I want when I want better from Blatche. If Andray is tired of dealing with Flip I want him to be the bigger man until Flip's so small he disappears. I don't want to hear about what fraction of the problem Andray thinks he's responsible for, that's a number that's going to get bigger every time Andray mentions it.

Dray thread.
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#53 » by Ed Wood » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:44 am

Yo Doc, just a heads up but you're like the best poster here, not the curator of the board's museum. Where yo posts at?
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#54 » by doclinkin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:19 am

Ed Wood wrote:Yo Doc, just a heads up but you're like the best poster here, not the curator of the board's museum. Where yo posts at?

Back atcha. I guess I just got nothin' to say right now.

I think it's cause I'm worried for Gilbert, really, it's no longer quite all fun and games. I'm concerned for the man's personal long term emotional health as a human being. Lost his mom, quite likely headed to jail for a stretch. And I don't see how the world or society or Gil are improved by it. But I can see the cat landing in a dark place in his soul, and folks around here or on radio are ready to gloat, or celebrate. Don't feel too good.

As for the team. A kayak with no paddlers. No long term consequences if it goes over the falls.

I'm ambivalent as an electron, I can't uncare, but losses don't sting since they lead to better odds, and wins, were they any, would be illusory anyway on a team with this many free agents and tryouts. And cap space.

Flip, Blatche. Whatever. I'm sorta tired of the widow Flip always bringing up his lost husband KG. Cry and move on lady. I'm tired of it.

Blatche is developing, improving, fixing some bad habits, still hasn't outgrown a few. But progress is always a sign of hope. Even in bitching on the radio he said Flip is a great coach and he's been trying to do everything Flip says, he just made a mistake and got frustrated in the moment, didn't hear what he said. Used to been he was irrelevant to the team, he'd get yanked, scapegoated, and then check out. Now folks actually notice if he's not in the game. Fact is though I could see him actually improving for the flap. But can't care about the histrionics, hard to feel it. The scar tissue is way too thick right now.

'Preciate the shoutout though. I still read the board every now and again.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#55 » by doclinkin » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 pm

in a zoological mood WizarDynasty wrote:Wall reminds me of a cheatah... he is a predator. Both Arenas and Wall are hunters. One is a sniper--slash thunder bolt...the other well a Cheetah...is not only the fastest but the most cunning slick hunter. Arenas is more like a Tiger...like the tiger tatoo he has on his chest. he just strikes fear because not only his he powerful but he is also skilled.
Tiger and Cheetah. Wall should get a tattoo of a cheetah on his chest. Speed Grace and once he's locked in on his target..you aren't going to get away.
. An eagle or something. He sees things far far off. He usually kills you because he as well worked out plan which is highly coordinated. Like an eagle swooping in on its prey. Blatche usually see things way before his opponent does and he uses his well thought out move that he has practiced to perfection which is usually extremely creative even if it lacks physical explosiveness. Kind of like an eagle swooping down with a highly planned attack.
McGee is more like a monkey, leaping from branch to branch.

He can't really hold his ground against a land predator. extremely coordinated but doesn't have the ability to create well thought out attacks and doesn't have the power to intimidate other post players which is a necessary requirement for a post player.
Until McGee develop strength to intimidate other bigmen, he will always be a Vegetarian monkey eating fruit in trees but never a predator like Blatche, Arenas, and Wall.
This team at the moment only has three predators. Hinrich i see as wolf, he can probably do damage occassionally but he is best when he is working in a highly coordinate wolf pack, not talented enough to be a solo predator like Blatche, Arenas, and Wall. If McGee some how gets "good knees" and able to do squats...he could become a predator....probably like a shark...He already has coordination..great hands...great flexibility....but what's a shark without power. Until he develops his leg power from heavy squats...he will be a tease. Just a shell of shark. Which is what McGee is now.
So wall a cheetah...Arenas a tiger...Blatche an Eagle..or Hawk... Hinrich wolf...not strong enough to carry the weight by himself at any point in time... Howard...fits in the same mold as Hinrich except...Howard would be a lead wolf...hinrich a following member of the pack.
Young reminds me a peacock....likes to strut and show off but definitely not a hunter..reminds me of the warthawg in lion king...happy living off worms and grubs....definitely isn't worried about bringing getting his hunt on to bring back food for the tribe.
thornton is like a antelope...big horns but isn't cunning enough to be a predator. I guess i have to see more T.Booker and Seraphin. Booker looks like a Silver Back...pretty aggressive and expect aggressiveness from his team mates and protector. Don't know about his skill yet time will tell.
Yi reminds me of Simba living with Warthog eating grubs...He knows deep down that he is a lion ...but his mind can't piece together successful hunting practices because successful training was never passed down to him. So he is a forest trying to figure out how to hunt successfully with no one proven to trust and help him escape long learning curve associated with not having a successful mentor to imitate when he was young.
Had he had successful nba style mentor growing up he would probably be MJ at the powerforward spot.

Gilbert Arenas is like liger, it's a cross between a lion and a tiger. It's pretty much my favorite animal. Link.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#56 » by doclinkin » Thu Sep 2, 2010 2:30 am

JWizmentality wrote:
Krizko Zero wrote:
Miller deserves NO credit for how clean the boards are. Anybody who's been here long enough knows that the original mods were the ones to lay down the law in regards to thread creation. Miller has not done much aside from pick up the slack where the original mods no longer have the time to do so, and anger other long time posters of the forum.

He essentially showed up one day after posting for a while on the GB as a Wiz fan when there was a Mod opening. He snitched out Donkey and won a job as local Mod. Hmmmm.

Credit for the system here goes to JMRosenth, PineappleheadinDC, and WizStorm.

AND the quality of content is largely due to WizardsKev for being one of the most knowledgeable and credible posters I've ever read on an online forum. Anybody who read this guys posts had to step their game up if they even thought about responding.

Against my better judgment, I'll step into this one. As one of Miller's biggest opponents that's a load of dung. The whole snitch episode was essentially a long standing, running joke which was galvanized by me and Donk. It's incredibly callow to draw any type of theory as to how he got his ban hammer from this. The older mods have had a reduced role of this board and miller has stepped up to the plate. This board is indeed knowledgeable, which is why I keep my mouth shut on things I have no business speaking about, so whether you think your suspension was warranted or not, don't draw your arguments from conjecture and hypothetical theories about how you "think" things are run here.

This board has a great group of characters, and I'd love to meet all of you someday if I get the opportunity to visit D. C again. Lord knows I've been dying to crack a facking bat over miller's skull, share a joint with sumtingwong, go to a stripper bar with CCJ, teach hands11 the intricacies of a run-on sentence, teepee Pine's house with Donk, break nate's calculator and watch him cry like a b*tch, disable Rico's emoticon function, have lunch with DCzards and tell him I really don't hate his son but he's just a really bad coach, outfit Ji with highly conductive copper rods and tie him to a tree during a thunder storm, and krazy glue doc's mouth shut because for once I'd like to see him speechless.

...ah good times.

About the only time you'll see JWiz say something about semi-pleasant about Miller, so I figured I'd bronze it here.

Thread.
The Fax
Senior
And1: 33

Post#57 » by The Fax » Sun Sep 5, 2010 8:12 am

Just wanted to say Hello and let you know I read the rules. I'm a huge Wizards fan and Washington fan in general. I've been reading this board for a couple years and I'll be posting around here a little bit now. I honestly think this is the best place to discuss Wizards basketball with smart people that understand the game. Hopefully I can contribute to some great discussions and earn my stripes around here.

Here's to a great season, Go Wizards!
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#58 » by daSwami » Sun Sep 5, 2010 5:26 pm

The Fax wrote:Just wanted to say Hello and let you know I read the rules. I'm a huge Wizards fan and Washington fan in general. I've been reading this board for a couple years and I'll be posting around here a little bit now. I honestly think this is the best place to discuss Wizards basketball with smart people that understand the game. Hopefully I can contribute to some great discussions and earn my stripes around here.

bug off, jerk!
:banghead:
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#59 » by doclinkin » Sun Sep 5, 2010 9:36 pm

daSwami wrote:
The Fax wrote:Just wanted to say Hello and let you know I read the rules. I'm a huge Wizards fan and Washington fan in general. I've been reading this board for a couple years and I'll be posting around here a little bit now. I honestly think this is the best place to discuss Wizards basketball with smart people that understand the game. Hopefully I can contribute to some great discussions and earn my stripes around here.

bug off, jerk!

:clown:
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#60 » by doclinkin » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:00 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:i agree. At the very least, we haven't had a player as tough as Kevin Seraphin in the last 10 years. Etan was semi tough but he had no foot coordination or hand coordination.
its just nice knowing that McGee is getting rough in practice everyday instead of watching him get roughed up for the first time in games that count.
What i like is the dynamic that Seraphin is actually younger than McGee and the culture in the wizard locker room is that younger player are normally on a lower pecking order than more experienced player.
McGee instinctively feels that he should dominate Seraphin since Seraphin is younger less senior but we see that Seraphin doesn't play by those rules. When mcgee first came in he cowered to haywood, he coward to Blatche and whoever else had seniority over him. In college he coward to Fesenko because because Fesenko was senior to him. Now he is in a situation where he has to battle against a rookie and rookie is dominating him physically and has no respect for seniority. Its like watching an action suspense film.
What will mcgee do now that a player 3 years younger than him injects fear to himself. There is a mechanism in McGee that pushes him to dominate players that he feels are less senior than him.
Blatche is responsible for this because blatche has been playing behind Jamison all these years purely to seniority. But now a foreign player who is hard to communicate with but is physical basketball player on your team that you see almost everyday shoves a powerful forearm into your chest every chance he gets and send your weak body hurling across the court and embarassing you in front of the older senior wizards players for the soft player you are and what's great is Seraphin feels no remorse and isn't even aware of how soft McGEe, Seraphin is just being the player he was before he came to wizards. So what will McGee do to get this foreign rookie to respect him just he was forced to respect the elder bigman basketball players of mcgee's basketball career.
or will mcgee learn now that he should have been like seraphin all along. That's what i will watch this season and see what happens. Will McGee break down and dissappear or will we see a dramatic change in style that McGee unleashes. What lies inside a McGee will be exposed due to the brutality of his 3 year younger rookie teammate who plays his exact position.
Finally will it force McGee to really develop his non contact game since at the moment he is no match physically for Seraphin and Seraphin...unlike his previous team mates actually enjoys shoving mcgee to the ground every play to grab every rebound. how long will the wizards last with booker guarding Seraphin in practice. Blatche won't have to worry so much because coaches dont' want to put any stress on blatche's foot so there is no escape from the brutality of Seraphin...mcGee gets tougher or he is ridiculed by his teammates..and while the non english speaking Seraphin has no clue what he has done to McGee psyche due to the language barrier so he doesn't ease up on his brutality of the soft mcgee. So entertaining.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, our boy WizDy is a Black Heva-infected monkey smuggled on a field trip to the Capitol by the hypeactive 6 yr old son of a scientist at the Ft Derrick Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases. Telepathic zombie plague unleashed!

[seraphin thread]

Return to Washington Wizards