Wiz-Board Rules, Links, Traditions and HOF Posts Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Zerocious
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Wiz-Board Rules, Links, Traditions and HOF Posts Thread 

Post#21 » by Zerocious » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:41 pm

bulletproof_32 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:Alright!! We get to suck in front of the POTUS. Truly an honor.

I believe Monica Lewinsky already holds that honor.

BP32...again my HOF nom
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,270

Post#22 » by doclinkin » Mon Mar 9, 2009 5:16 pm

Because it's funny:

Ruzious wrote:Ok, I've had enough of these stupid posts. You're telling someone to admit they're wrong made me snap this time. DMac is absolutely nothing like Caron Butler. And he doesn't resemble Dr. J in any possible way you can think of - physically, stylistically, skill-wise, favorite flavor of icecream, anything. Even if he grew out the 70's style big fro and dribbled with a tri-colored basketball, there would be nothing he'd have in common with Julius Erving. And any more posts with you blathering about unilimited ceilings, ceiling wax, or anything related to ceilings should get you an automatic ban.

Here.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#23 » by doclinkin » Mon Mar 9, 2009 5:17 pm

Because it's true:

Inventing a new nickname for Nick Young, hands11 wrote:N1-on-5
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#24 » by doclinkin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:00 pm

Ji wrote:

terrible terrible terrible win

Just ji being ji, in the t'wolves game thread.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#25 » by doclinkin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:09 pm

fish gets cranky

fishercob wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
With role guys such as Haywood (his size and defensive quarterbacking is a major loss), Stevenson and Thomas out, and vet Antonio Daniels traded in December, the roster quickly turns tender, with six players 23 or younger. Nick Young is the oldest of the youngsters, followed by Dominic McGuire, Oleksiy Pecherov, Andray Blatche, Crittenton and JaVale McGee. "We expected guys to pick up things on the fly," Jamison said, "but we've had to understand that not everybody can learn the game that way. It's been a lot about us learning how to communicate, get a point across to them."

McGuire, the 6-foot-9 forward from Fresno State, and the 47th pick in the '07 draft, has been a bright spot. "He's probably been the one consistent young fella we've had out there," Jamison said. "But in our situation, we take it game by game, whoever's going to step up."

A visitor to Washington's locker room Monday night revealed all sorts of roughhousing, jabbering and clowning around, and remarked that this might be the most immature post-game locker room in the league. Giddy, maybe, from a 110-99 victory over the Timberwolves? Nah, said a staffer. They're like this every night.

Soon the group will be getting younger, with one of the top spots in the draft this June. One possible selection: Oklahoma sophomore forward Blake Griffin, who -- if he comes out -- would bring size, toughness (meanness, even) and the maturity that comes with carrying a team through an extra college season.

Sports Illustrated.

I'd like to try to balance some of the invective directed at Jamison for crazy things like insisting on professionalism from his teammates, by expressing my disgust at these immature a-holes.

From Ivan's report card on Songaila:

The vision that always comes to my mind when I think about Songaila is walking into that locker room before a game and seeing him sitting at his stall calmly watching a tape of that night's opponent while reading over a scouting report. Meantime, some of the team's young guys are usually bouncing off the walls goofing off. (It's Romper Room folks, pure and simple.)

I've always maintained that if Blatche and JaVale McGee really wanted to learn how to play the game, they'd study Songaila. Another thing that I respect about Songaila is that losing still hurts the guy. I can't say that about many of the players on this team. In fact, if you walk in that room after most games, you wouldn't know whether they won or lost.

Are you kidding me? You're making seven figures and you still haven't figured out how to conduct yourself like a fugging professional? No wonder Jamison's pissed off and "throwing the kids under the bus," as people whine about. How would you feel if you were busting you ass and getting everything you could out of your limited abilities, while your uber-talented and gifted teammates conducted themselves like this -- all while you were getting your ass beat night in and night out?

And a further F U to these kids, because one of their own -- Dom McGuire -- has figured it out. According to HHM's chat with Tap, he's one of the hardest workers and best preparers on the entire team. Lo and behold -- shock of all shocks!!! -- he's getting consistent PT!

Can we hire Charles Oakley on a contract basis for the simple purpose of beating the shidd out of these little punks? Because for all the talk of this "flawed roster" that Grunfeld has assembled, if this little pricks would devote themselves to their craft -- and to their team, selfish children -- than we have enough pure talent to win the East.

The selfish, immature, ill-prepared, entitled, unprofessional kids are what I hate about this team.

End of rant. Back to your regularly scheduled whining about the coach, GM, and veterans who actually conduct themselves with class and professionalism.

The vet whining thread.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#26 » by doclinkin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:56 am

More fish

fishercob wrote:We have a choice. We can say that this is typical Bullets/Wiz -- just good enough to break your heart. Suffer through a disgusting season only to win 5 or 6 of their last 10 to thoroughly lengthen their lotto odds.

Or, we can choose to see a team that a has playoff roster in street clothes tonight (Arenas, Deshawn, Caron, Songaila, Haywood, Juan, Etan) and eight healthy bodies claw back from 20 down -- and drive a stake through the heart of another team fighting to get to the postseason.

I mean, I tried rooting for them to lose, but I just couldn't help pump my fist when good things happened. I love that through this terrible, awful, **** of season that this team has stayed together and kept the will to win. Blatche's primal reaction after his late block gave me goose bumps. I don't know if it's Jamison, Tapscott, or Abraham Polin, dlts20 or Big Gheorghe, but someone is providing leadership to these kids, the way the continue to fight. And it should be noted that Jamison was effusive in his praise of the kids during the postgame interview (for all the talk of bus-throwing and the like).

A win like this brings a little hope. Gilbert and Brendan coming back brings a little more. There's an opportunity to send a clear message to the Eastern conference that they've gotten off easy the past few years because of the Job-like injury trials the Wiz have suffered through (Did he just reference scripture? Leave him alone, he's on a roll) Next year we're coming back with a vengeance and a mission. We're about to get real good, real fast.

And maybe, just maybe, the basketball gods will reward out boldness on May 19th. Pretty please.

Go Wiz.

Preach.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#27 » by doclinkin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:10 am

I ain't the HOF committee just a volunteer curator, but if you think it's HOF drag it and drop it here. Lupin for the win:

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
lupin wrote:What would Laron Profit do if he was here right now? He'd make a plan and he'd follow through. That's what Laron Profit'd do.

Laron! Shoot! Laron! Fight!

When Laron Profit was in the NCAAs shooting for the championship, he did two slamdunks and a triple pointer while wearing a blindfold.

When Laron Profit was in the Alps fighting grizzly bears, he used his magical fire-breath and saved the maidens, fair.
Laron! S-s-shoot! Laron! Live!

So what would Laron Profit'd do if he was here today? I'm sure he'd kick an arse or two. That's what Laron Profit'd do.

Laron! Shoot! Laron! Live!

When Laron Profit traveled through time to the year 3010, he fought the evil robot king and saved us all agian.

When Laron Profit built the pyramids, he beat up Kounlah Khan! Cause Laron Profit doesn't take crap from an-y-bo-dy!

[Man In Back:]
No! Laron! Those chicken wings are really spicy! Don't eat those!
[Singers:]
I've never seen a man eat so many chicken wings. I've never seen a man eat so many chicken wings. I've never seen a man eat so many chicken wings.
[man:]
AAAHHHH! I've never seen a man eat so many chicken wings! AAAHHHH! I've never seen a man EAT SO MANY CHICKEN WINGS!! AAAHHHH!! I'VE NEVER SEEN A MAN EAT SO MANY CHICKEN WINGS!!! AAAHHHH!!! I'VE NEVER SEEN A MAN EAT SO MANY CHICKEN WINGS!!!!

Laron! Shoot! Laron! Fight!

Laron Profit-o was born on the planet of Krynuk. He came to Earth to save us all from borans and unstuck. Hideedodee!

Hideeday! Laron Profit's here. So round up all your lasses and tell 'em they have no fears. Say, "Come over here my honey, and come and I'll take off my pants. and I'm gonna make dirty love to you, cause that's what Laron Profit'd do."

Causethat's what Laron Profit'd DO!

HOF post. I think this one is already being replayed on ESPN Classic.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#28 » by doclinkin » Sun Apr 5, 2009 1:11 am

Need a place for sprinklerman on the Dance Cam spitting on the back of Swami's head.

Here.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#29 » by doclinkin » Wed Apr 8, 2009 2:29 am

From the Trade thread.

MJG wrote:
The Magic Man wrote:Wizards:#1 pick Griffin,Jamison,Butler
Raptors:Bosh,Kapono

pg:Arenas,Critt
sg:Young,Stevenson
sf:McGuire
pf:Bosh,Blatche,Songaila
c:Haywood,McGee,Thomas

Let's take a look!

Code: Select all

PP36  RP36  AP36  SP36  BP36  TO36   TS%
Bosh     21.5   9.3   2.3   0.8   0.9   2.1  .567
Jamison  21.0   8.3   1.8   1.1   0.3   1.4  .549

Hm, so the stats do seem to say that Bosh has the slight edge on Jamison. He's also younger, which is certainly nice. Let's call him 15% better.

Code: Select all

PP36  RP36  AP36  SP36  BP36  TO36   TS%
Kapono   12.6   3.2   2.2   0.4   0.1   1.4  .525
Butler   19.2   5.8   4.1   1.5   0.3   2.9  .546

Oh my, not quite the same tale here. Butler is vastly superior to Kapono almost across the board. They're also about the same age and have two years left on their contracts. This time, we'll say that Butler is 65% better than Kapono.

Things aren't looking good so far. The question is, is getting the number one pick back from Toronto enough to offset the 50% difference between what we're sending out versus what we're getting? Griffin does look like a pretty good prospect, so I'd say that all in all, it's actually not a bad deal at all.

Wait, what's that? We're the ones sending out the number one pick? Geez, now I feel kind of foolish. You were obviously making a joke and it went over my head. Egg all over my face.

Smart, funny, stat-based shut down? MJG Realgm Wiz fan. Blue Mario Mushroom. It will mess you up man.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#30 » by doclinkin » Wed Apr 8, 2009 2:32 am

Cleveland game. Barely gives the business:

barelyawake wrote:One horse town? Come on. Cleveland gets an undeserved bad rap, but there is plenty to do. I mean Cleveland doesn't have all the hustle and bustle of say a Frankfort, but who needs that kind of stress?

Where else on God's green, but Cleveland, can you wake-up Saturday morning to the smell of manufacturing; tell your roller-derby gal to throw on her best bedazzled, moose sweater and New Balances; hit the bi-annual Ms. Pac Man championship; then tour the rubber plant; and round out the evening campin' in front of Target for Kenny Loggins' tickets? Not to mention the city's heralded tradition of smokin' meth and tossin' rocks in the lake... on a Wednesday afternoon...

If that's not livin', I don't wanta know what is...
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#31 » by doclinkin » Wed Apr 8, 2009 2:39 am

Proving doubters wrong since 1971:

miller31time wrote:
fishercob wrote:
doclinkin wrote:LeBron's a phenomenal talent, a student of the game, even plays defense, and while sure I like my grapes sour as the next guy, in this case the guy frankly turns my stomach.

There's a reason we never had a long thread dedicated to hate on DWade despite the fact that he kills this squad every time he's healthy. DWade just has a quiet sort of class, has worked to earn his talent.

LeBron's act though is tiresome. The whining to referees, checking his tampax for blood whenever someone intrudes on his aura. Loves the smell of himself, and has been stroked by the gods since he was in infancy. Rooting for LeBron is like getting a tattoo of the MicroSoft logo, and bragging about how much money Bill Gates' got. Yeah, and? So? Only an idiot would suggest LeBron ain't good. But only an asswipe or a Clevelander would root for him.

Ladies and gentleman, the great doclinkin. Just fantastic stuff right there, doc.

HOF post?

(I don't make these decisions and Doc isn't pompous enough to put it there himself.....though he's close)

:wink:

Smell the pomp...

But seriously though. Just making a point. Anyone can feel free to drop their nominees up in here. If you want to show the casual viewer what kind of smart caustic witty or cogent clear-headed insightful responses you like best on here, feel free to drag and drop them in here yourself. I get busy, might miss a couple.

Like, I forget where TheSecretKevin's conversation with Mike Ruffin is, but it seems like the sortof thing we wouldn't want to lose track of.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#32 » by doclinkin » Wed Apr 8, 2009 6:10 pm

lupin wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:
TheSecretWeapon wrote:The Ginobili thing is a false choice. How few minutes should he be playing? He got only 26.8 minutes per game this season.

Sorry, I didn't realize his minutes were already so low. Point conceded.

:bowdown:

LR conceded a point. HoF post!

LyricalRico wrote:^ I knew I'd get a HOF post one way or another! :rofl:

Linker.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#33 » by doclinkin » Wed Apr 8, 2009 6:35 pm

FROM THE CAVS board, a Cavs fan admits they're sick of LeBron's act...

Gordon Bombay wrote:
doclinkin wrote:Okay, I appreciate that you don't bother to deny it. Appreciate that you know your guy gets away with it, and that you hated it when MJ had a separate set of rules. And if LeBron ever did roll on to the Brooklyn Nets I fully expect you'd feel the same sort of sick, or okay far worse. But at least you have the sense of character to be honest about it. Here's my argument:

doclinkin wrote:Eh, the point of the article is not so much that LeBron gets star treatment, it's that the treatment he gets is practically unprecedented.

An again the least of what's galling is that he is treated well by the refs, and more that he expects he deserves it, is entitled to it. Whines when he doesn't get it, throws tantrums like he thinks it's cute that a full grown baby man acts like a pampered infant. And if he makes a mistake, he immediately looks for a ref to bail him out.

I mean granted in a play like this one he was basically like totally decapitated by Trevor Ariza, basically:

Note the gouting blood.

I mean come on. He's built like a God Of Victory. Is lauded like a hero of days of yore. A Legend. But to allatime pretend you were fouled or check your lip for blood whenever someone brushes your shadow with their unclean foot. (Or their eyebrow in the case of Trevor Ariza) . Come on now, is that heroic?

In wrestling, say, where the heroes and villains are scripted, the good guy doesn't wait 'til the ref has his back turned then throw chalk in the opponents eye, smack him with a chair, and when the ref turns back roll around on the ground complaining it was the other way around. That's a villain. A heel.

Part of what we look for in sports is that metaphor for honor, hard work, personal achievement. You know, sportsmanship. What does LeBron embody? He can't help but be a role model for people who admire him, and he wants to be a Global Icon. (Mother*@#* a Barkley with his 'I'm no role model' jazz-- LeCon-artist wants the status). But an 'icon' stands for something, some greater concept. So whats he stand for? So what does this this teach your kids? If it don't go your way look for someone to bail you out? It's a different set of rules for them who God almighty, the refs, and David Stern has blessed. Manifest destiny.

Nope. Point of sports, and rules in sports, and referees in general, is that we all get the same set. It's a true meritocracy. You win by virtue of, well, Virtue. Don't matter your color. No different rules for you nor anybody else. Again, if LeBron wants to play the heel, fine I don't fault him, that's how he wants to brand himself: LeFraud, LeTravel. But I don't expect the refs to play into it when you know it just happens to be one of his tactics.

And okay yeah I just don't expect the spoiled brat routine from the best of the best, most talented player in the league. I guess I like heroes to act you know heroic and not like a spoiled Brat who has been handed everything his life ever gave him. If I get my ass kicked, better not be by a skirt wearing pantywaist dressed in a man's body. Looking for Mommy or the refs to intercede whenever he's not allowed to win. It's frankly a little nauseating to seen a grown-ass man whine to the referees so much. Makes you wish for the old school league with beer drinking in the locker room where you had enforcers on the squad who would knock a guy out. Think about your grandfathers generation (or their fathers before them) coming out of World War Two. They would have shaken their collective head in disgust at the antics.

Seriously though. You think Bill Russell was rolling around on the floor checking for loose teeth whenever someone bumped his elbow? Grown ass man. Most talented in the league. Stop acting like a spoiled child, and refs-- don't buy the act. Sit him in a corner for a few minutes until he can behave like the rest of the kids. Because, quite frankly, that's your damn job.

Mods -- feel free to edit out the 'Le-[fill-in-the-blank] ' references. This was from the general board thread on the topic. Also apologies if you'd prefer I keep it on the Wiz board. We have a long-standing tradition of allowing a bit of give-and-take over there, Manny will let you know, we appreciate a fan who can make a strong (witty, well-reasoned) argument for themselves. But I've noticed some boards aren't quite as free-flowing. (Shoot we used to have a 'Trolls' thread [pats self on back] just because smack talk is one of the true joys of sports. Elsewise, why would we all be on here].

Personally I love the Cavs rivalry, even though it hasn't been in my squad's favor. Oh well, can't win 'em all (or apparently more than 18 of 'em this year....).

Thanks Cleveland, Later, have to go back to praying at the shrine of the Basketball Gawds to land us Blake Griffin. See y'all tonight. Oh and thanks in advance for the ass-kicking I expect tonight. We'll probably get waffle-stomped.

-doc.

good post doc...you, donkey, and ccj are like the anti po'ed, freeballing, yungal, brenice and g0a :D

heres my take...lebron doesnt committ alot of fouls because he doesnt put himself in position to get fouls (in fact he is actually committing more fouls per minute this season than he did in his second season). he is rarely near the paint if someone gets beat off the dribble to pick up a cheap foul. he essentially plays free safety and tries to jump the passing lanes as much as possible or get the chase down block - fouls rarely are committed in either of those two scenarios (and yes the jrich one was a foul but the dude tried a 360 dunk with his team like 3 games out of the playoffs - i think the refs let that one slide due to the fact that jrich is a moron :D). his athleticism is so great where he can jump higher than anyone on the court, so he doesnt pick up over the back calls. his fouls come primarily from offensive charges.

about the acting...i really hate it. lebron either has the worst threshold for pain in the history of civilization or he needs to hire a better acting coach (the ******* ref laid him out for a good 5-10 minutes in a recent game :D). i think the acting has gotten worse and worse since a ref told mike brown that fouls werent being called on the opposition against lebron because lebron "wasnt being re-routed" - even tho i think only a few players in the league logistically re-route lebron. since then (and i would say this was about two months ago or so) any slap on the wrist or hipcheck gets met with lebron scaring the hell out of everyone in the arena while he lays there for a good five minutes - it just gets annoying. now granted he does get hammered on alot of plays, but you can never tell because even the slightest bump is sending him to floor (and he is usually yelling "HEY" or "AND 1" :D)

we really need a win here...not just because of the wizards owning us this season (that part of it) but also we need a 5-0 finish for hca advantage and we cant afford to be dropping anymore games in the standings to the lakers - that two game stretch from hell was a killer

Link.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#34 » by doclinkin » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:04 am

Ji wrote:terrible terrible win. Why does every thread i start result in the opposite of what we want
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#35 » by miller31time » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:08 am

Donk McDonk with the honors....

Ji's thread - Biggest Disaster Day in Bullets history

First response in.....

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:33 pm

Ji's profile
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#36 » by doclinkin » Thu May 14, 2009 6:25 pm

Classic literary Irony, (if unintended):

WizarDynasty wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
WizarDynasty wrote:there is no way flip is going to trade away his KG clone in Blatche.

To imply that Blatche is even close to KG is beyond absurd.
And he has probably never had a shooting guard with the offensive basketball IQ and combo physical attributes of Young.

Basketball IQ of Young... Is that a joke?
Jamison low percentage chucker. Shoot a low field goal percentage for a poweforward. I think Flips experience with championship teams will allow him to immediately identify who the players are on this team that shoot high volume of shots at low field goal percentage against ranked teams. Once that stat is maginfied, combined this with who doesn't play defense..and poof...EG will will build the team tailored to Flip. There is no way flip can go from having two defensive powerforwards with rasheed and kevin Garnett...to a shot jacking perimeter powerforward that plays no defense and gets most of his offensive points and defensive rebounds off other people's ability to break down a defense not post up moves.

Sheed's obviously a much better defender than Jamison, so you don't need to make up bullshyt to make a point. Sheed relies on long jumpers every bit as much as Jamison does. They had the exact same number of 3 attempts last season. Sheed hasn't made over 44% of his FGs in any of the last 6 seasons, while Jamison has 4 times.

Rasheed's post game during clutch when flip was around...so take your bullshyt somewhere else secondly...blatche has range on his jumper and 100 blocks. Only a handful of players have this ability...comprende...and yeah Nick Youngs can take over a game offensively...can't do that with a low basketball IQ...comprende. All Nick young needs a coach who has more to say than.."take two dribble and shoot or pass". You are dealing with a heavy weight...your best suited for tackling light weight arguments related the wiz..

Appropriately arch response:

Ruzious wrote:
WizarDynasty wrote:Rasheed's post game during clutch when flip was around...

That's not a sentence. It's not even a thought. The fact is you were wrong, and - rather than admitting it - you just blathered some incoherent garbage.
blatche has range on his jumper and 100 blocks. Only a handful of players have this ability...comprende

And he's nowhere near the player that KG is and has shown no reason to believe he ever will.
and yeah Nick Youngs can take over a game offensively...can't do that with a low basketball IQ...comprende. All Nick young needs a coach who has more to say than.."take two dribble and shoot or pass". You are dealing with a heavy weight...your best suited for tackling light weight arguments related the wiz..

Fine, we can all agree that Nick Young's offensive basketball IQ ranks right up there with yours.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by miller31time » Mon May 18, 2009 9:47 pm

As per request, Ji's "Twas the Night Before the Lottery"

Ji wrote:Twas the night before the lottery
Real GM’ers clicked their mouse
Looking at a crappy draft board
Hoping for the next eddie House

The players were analyzed by DaT2u with Care
In Hopes that Blake Griffin soon would be there
But the wizards fans were nestled uncomfortably in their beds
While visions of Jordan Hill:( danced in their heads

And Abe in his kerchief and Ernie studying the cap
Had just settled down to try to untangle the crap
When out in Secaucus there arose such a clatter
I sprang from the couch to see what was the matter

Away to the TV I flew like a Flash
To see The knicks jump into the top 3
more David stern rigged trash
In hopes of getting the drafts only Diamond
Now its CCJ hoping we trade for Morris Almond

We move from 2 back to 5 and we groan and frown
We only win lotterys when the top pick is Kwame Fooking Brown
If you’re a wiz fan, this is how the wind blows and the trees sway
Instead of getting Wade in 2003 draft, we end up with Jarvis Hayes

So welcome James Harden or Stephan Curry
Maybe it will help get rid of Deshawn in a hurry
Etan Thomas, what do you think of this prose
Better yet, I cant wait till your contact expires you son of a $#@

Linkage
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#38 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Tue May 19, 2009 3:39 am

What happened to the Etan Thomas Memorial poetry slam thread?
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by miller31time » Sun May 24, 2009 10:15 pm

By popular demand....

daSwami wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:HAHA! daSwami with a zinger. cue the highhat. i'd love to sit in on the convo between EG and Memphis where he brings up the "future considerations".

yeah, it'd prolly go something like this:

brring brring (that's the phone ringing)

Memphis GM: hello?

Ernie: Hey Chris, it's me, Grunny!

Memphis GM: Yo, Easy- E! What's the haps? Got any more disgruntled Spaniards to give away?

Ernie: Um, no, actually I was calling about something else ...

Memphis GM: I'm all ears.

EG: I read something interesting today on a VERY credible website. Anyhoo, the reporter, a guy named Ji--heard of him?

Memphis GM: Of course I know Ji! The guy with the curse, right? Love that guy!

Ernie: Good for you. (Then, under his breath) Homo.

Memphis GM: Hey I heard that!

Ernie: Anyway, the article said that you might be looking to part with the #2.

Memphis GM: (giggles)

Ernie: what? what's so funny?

Memphis GM: You said "number two." That means poop.

Ernie: Yeah, as in the second overall pick in the draft. We want it.

Memphis GM: ok, what are you offering?

Ernie: Well - here's the thing - we'll give you Etan Thomas, AND ... here's the part I need your help with...

Memphis GM: uh-huh, listening ...

EG: remember those "future considerations" you owe us?

Memphis GM: uh, yeah, and....?

EG: I'm sure those have been weighing heavily on you. Now would be the perfect time to cash those in don't you think?...

Memphis GM: You're right. How about I give those considerations to you right now,ok?

EG: Sure!

Memphis GM: are you ready?

EG: Yup. Fire when ready.

Memphis GM: Ok, I consider your mother a whore. *hangs up laughing, high fives with office mates*

Lizzink
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#40 » by fishercob » Wed Jun 3, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: LeTravel and the Crabeliers Thread - The Crab Walk Baby
by pancakes3 on Sun May 31, 2009 10:35 pm

pancakes3 wrote:Drew Pinsky of Loveline fame wrote a book called "The Mirror Effect" about narcissism and how it affects celebrities. One of the points he makes is that child stars especially are affected moreso by fame than other stars because the younger someone is, the easier it is for the brain chemistry to set in and establish dissociation from normal social cues.

Lebron lately has demonstrated some serious narcissistic traits especially in his definitions. A travel isn't a travel, but a crab dribble. Not graciously accepting defeat isn't being a poor sport but being too good at being a winner. Wearing NYY hats, doing interviews shirtless, etc. are all transparently calculated events to project this convoluted image of superstar that Lebron imagines himself as - someone who can do no wrong. The lack of humility, the dissonance between what he thinks and what he does, and the overt melodrama is nauseating to see.

It's so ironic how MJ was endearing and yet Lebron is repulsive to me.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin

Return to Washington Wizards