ImageImageImageImageImage

Mid -Season Player Grades

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Vietbrah
Pro Prospect
And1: 925

Mid -Season Player Grades 

Post#1 » by Vietbrah » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Now that we're at the mid way point of the season, what grades would you give each player based on their play and give a description.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Re: Mid -Season Player Grades 

Post#2 » by mhd » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:21 pm

Based on what they were expected to produce:

Blatche: B
Jamison: B+
Butler: C
McGee: B
Stevenson: F
McGuire: B+
Etan: D
Daniels: D
Young: B-
Songaila: B
Critt: B-
Dixon: INC
DallasShalDune
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#3 » by DallasShalDune » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:30 pm

James - C+
About what we expected after the Daniels trade. Maybe a little better.

Butler - D
The biggest disappointment of the year. His dogging attitude and inability to take his game to the next level are a prime reason for our slide. I love Tough Juice, and I have no doubt he'll be fine when Wood and Gil come back, but his inconsistency is frustrating.

McGuire - B
I'm glad he's starting. He's a good rebounder, a good defender, and a good passer. If he could only score.

Jamison - B+
Yes, his defense is pathetic. But he brings it every game. He is the opposite of Butler. Jamison has so much heart, I can tell it just pisses him off that we suck this bad. Good. He is our best option for a leader, and I'm glad he's still on our team. Now would I trade him for the right deal, of course, but he's been much better than Butler so far this year.

Blatche - B-
More consistent than last year, one of our only players to have improved. Good to see. Still has problems with rebounding, post D, and tenacity, though.

Young - B-
If it wasn't for his string of 3 or 4 great games, he'd be in C or even D land. He hasn't brought it for much of the season, but I have hope. He was key in reinvigorating a lot of my fellow Wiz fans that we can still enjoy some facet of this year's season. Go young guns!

McGee - B+
Consistency, like with much of our team, is a need, but he's shut up many of his critics, save ET. When he's in, I love watching his lanky ass just pull of moves that show his ceiling his high. I can't wait for 3 years from now. Dare I say a 20-10 player? Maybe not, but 15-8 would be nice.

Songaila - B
Many times this season, he's been our only player able to get a good open J, and he's taken advantage. He hasn't dogged it once, and I respect him for that.

Crit - C
He's been pretty average. High ceiling though.

Dixon - B-
When he's had time, he's been solid. Nothing special, but solid.

Etan and DeShawn - F
Our vets have been pathetic, save AJ and Song. These two in particular.

WOOD and GIL! WE NEED YOU!
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#4 » by JWizmentality » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:33 pm

We're the worst team in the league. Nobody deserves a grade higher than D, except for some of the rookies who have re-kindled my hopes for this team.
DallasShalDune
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#5 » by DallasShalDune » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:03 pm

JWizmentality wrote:We're the worst team in the league. Nobody deserves a grade higher than D, except for some of the rookies who have re-kindled my hopes for this team.

I agree to a certain extent. Really, certain players have exceeded expectations (McGee), while others have been their normal selves (Jamison). We suck because of coaching and a poorly balanced roster, without inside scoring, defense, and three-ball shooting. We're a team of slashers who like to shoot long two-pointers and gamble on defense. Those problems would be fixed if Gil, Wood, and possibly Griffin were on the roster.

But that's just me.

Return to Washington Wizards