ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #53 Minnesota @ Washington 2/17/09

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Re: Game #53 Minnesota @ Washington 2/17/09 

Post#41 » by dlts20 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:31 am

Tonight is the 1st time we have gotten the lineup Ive been calling for all along in all the threads. Our starting lineup should clearly be Critt, James, Caron, AJ, and Blatche. If you want to bring Blatche off the bench with NY then you can do that too but Critt should always have been starting with James. James is the worst PG in the league. He has no PG skills but he can score the ball and will put up numbers if you move him to his natural spot at the 2. Caron sucks at the 2. He will always be inconsistent at best. Tap is a idiot who looks at it like he cant bench Dmac because he's playing solid but thats not what its about. You should bench him to move Caron back to his normal spot and get a real PG on the floor. We are so much better every time Critt comes into the game and our lineup would look so smooth with Critt ad the 1 and James at the 2. Also, Im a big Dmac fan but lets be real about it. He still isnt making our D any better. He's a true 3 just like Caron is and just like James is a true 2. Put these guys in there normal spots and they will play well.
WizStorm
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#42 » by WizStorm » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:31 am

gowiz999 wrote:Mike James FTW :lol:
The only possible reason that bum is in the game at the end is for true tanking purposes. James absolutely awful up until he was inserted for the final minutes. His 3's down the stretch equates to 2 hail mary's that were miraculously answered.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#43 » by keynote » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:33 am

Any update on Butler? I'm only getting snatches of info.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#44 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:34 am

Real nice coaching down the stretch by Eddie T. He went with the hot players (sitting McGee and Young who were ineffective) and did a nice job of rotating offense/defense with Mike James and DMac. You gotta love his willingness to ride Crittenton down the stretch.

Also, nice to see both DMac and Crittenton his some jumpers late in the 4th quarter.

Blatche's on/off differential was +20.
Gooden4Life
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#45 » by Gooden4Life » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:34 am

Very impressive game.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#46 » by JWizmentality » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:35 am

keynote wrote:So, Butler had to head to the back after that nasty fall? Man, oh man that's rotten.

I'm actually thrilled, and hope he's out until after the deadline. That kills any Ernie brain fart trade.
no D in Hibachi
Veteran

Post#47 » by no D in Hibachi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:36 am

Songaila should be the Juan Dixon of the bigs. Used occationally when the team is out of sorts and in need of a fresh look, but not someone who routinely gets 15+ minutes.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#48 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:44 am

Man, if we can get Arenas and Haywood back next game we may be able to win the next 28....PLAYOFFS BABY
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#49 » by JWizmentality » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:52 am

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:Man, if we can get Arenas and Haywood back next game we may be able to win the next 28....PLAYOFFS BABY

Man, that would be uber depressing. :(
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#50 » by Benjammin » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:54 am

JWizmentality wrote:
Donkey McDonkerton wrote:Man, if we can get Arenas and Haywood back next game we may be able to win the next 28....PLAYOFFS BABY

I can see Abe getting fired up about that and the Wizards having a promotional piece: "28 in a row, or we don't go (to the playoffs)"
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#51 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:56 am

JWizmentality wrote:

Are you freaking kidding me? If the team did that it would be absolutely amazing and our chances of winning a title would be damn good...what team has won 28?

Okay, back down to earth...it would never happen but for you to see that as depressing is even worse.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#52 » by JWizmentality » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:06 am

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:

Are you freaking kidding me? If the team did that it would be absolutely amazing and our chances of winning a title would be damn good...what team has won 28?

Okay, back down to earth...it would never happen but for you to see that as depressing is even worse.

It's just the mere fact that it's impossible. Would never happen. EVER!! There would have to be a rip in the space time continuum, and the basketball gods rewarding us for our suffering. But seeing how that is just not possible, the fact of it happening would be depressing after looking forward to a top pick all year, and the basketball gods would probably just stop it at that and make us lose in the playoffs and that would be devastating to say the least. However, considering that there is no such thing as the space time continuum or basketball gods, there is no such possibility of that happening, but just thinking about it happening it quite depressing when you think about it. You follow?
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#53 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:33 am

It's just the mere fact that it's impossible. Would never happen. EVER!! There would have to be a rip in the space time continuum, and the basketball gods rewarding us for our suffering.[/quote]

Suffering? Did someone say "suffrin'?"
In Rizzo we trust
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#54 » by BigA » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:44 am

newslowsad wrote:Kevin McHale is a corpse.

He's looking more and more like the cigarette smoking guy in X-Files.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#55 » by hands11 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:35 am

no D in Hibachi wrote:Songaila should be the Juan Dixon of the bigs. Used occationally when the team is out of sorts and in need of a fresh look, but not someone who routinely gets 15+ minutes.

I disagree. With the players we have had healthy, he is being used as he should be.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#56 » by hands11 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:46 am

Can someone find the NY thread and post this please.

Nick. Please pull your head out of your arsss.

This kid really depresses me. He think he is out on the black top. He has no NBA game. He doesn't know how to play in an offense and he just doesn't seem to be making any progress toward that. But he has so much talent. It's just sad that on a team that needs a SG so badly, he can't learn at all from what DMAC and Crit have done.

As it is, I would wait for him to go on another one of his spurts and trade him while his stock is high.

I'm just so frustrated with this kid. I guess he would be ok as a 2nd SG off the bench with enough vets around him to guide him but I don't see his light bulb coming on this year. Seeing that we need to get a few pieces and move some contracts, he is low hanging fruit for a trade because he doesn't add enough enough of the time. I repeat. MENTAL CASE. He just doesn't get it.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#57 » by dobrojim » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:20 pm

CrankyTodd wrote:Still loving Crit. He and Blatche are the bright spots tonight.

I was thinking the same thing. Even though it was continuing to look bad in the 3rdQ,
I kept thinking when Critt replaced James, we would recover and have our own run.
2 big 3s aside, James continues to suck supremely. Javaris should start and play
35 mpg.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#58 » by dobrojim » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:24 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:

we all know it's completely unrealistic. But not depressing.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
NiteOwl
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#59 » by NiteOwl » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:59 pm

Critt must play 30+ mpg for the rest of the year. Start James if you want, but you have to give him the bulk of the minutes. Stupid stupid stupid if you don't. He is sick with the ball on the break/in traffic. He needs to continue to build confidence. He may never be a starter, but could be a damn solid 3rd guard. As mentioned over and over again - kid must take 1,000 jumpers per day during the offseason. Hoppla should get a $50k bonus to work with him 4 hours a day, everyday.

Another somewhat bright spot continues to be Songalia. He is the epitimy of a hard working, smart veteran player that gets everything out of his Marty Conlonesque level of cooridnation and athleticism. On the right team, he could be a tremendous contributor as the 2nd big off the bench for 12-to-15 mpg. He is just being asked to do way too much here. Everyone needs to cut him some slack IMO.

And finally, we have a contender to rival the Wiz for the ugliest road uni - holy cow those are terrible. I never knew there were two so ugly shades of blue as the Wolves and Wiz sport. A uni update is far overdue - would like to see them follow the Caps and go back to red, white and blue.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#60 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Yeah, Critt is the backup point we have been looking for. If he could shoot better I'd want him starting. He's got that Jason Kidd shot - generally lousy, but goes in in the clutch. But assuming Gil is healthy, he can back up Gil or play next to him.

Props to Blatche for showing consistency, picking up right where he left off. Poor guy is still gonna have to come off the bench next year unless we get a shooting guard in the draft.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.

Return to Washington Wizards