ImageImageImageImageImage

Do You Think We Can Win Games With This Lineup?

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Do You Think We Can Win Games With This Lineup? 

Post#1 » by dlts20 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Ive been saying for well over a month that we should bench Dmac for Critt. I said that it has nothing to do with Dmac since he's playing well but its best for the team. To me there are a few things that are clear. AJ is playing like a monster on O right now but I think Caron is still our best player as long as Gil is out. I think most dont feel that way now since Caron is most of the time either sucking or playing average right now but I still think that has all to do with him being out of position. Even when he plays well its still not the same. I think its been obvious for a month that he should be back at the 3. The next problem is that James is by far the worst PG in the league. He has NO PG skills at all. That means on O we will always suck because it makes us a straight jump shooting team. James cant make plays for others while Caron at SG is having to catch the ball behind the 3pt line on most plays and doesnt have the handles to consistently beat guys off the dribble while Dmac is never going to do a ton. What else can we get but a jumper? Tap says he's pleading for them to drive but how? They are not those type of players. You need to change the lineup, idiot. I cant beleive we are losing all these games while staying with the same lineup. Then we win 3 of 5 and they act like they turned the season around. Then SA puts them right back in there place. The fact is they are not going to be consistent with that lineup.

The difference between me and others are that they also feel Critt should start but they think its James who should be benched. The reason I disagree is because I think James is alot better then people on here give him credit for but he's just not a PG. He only plays there because he's short & quick. We could get away with that if we had a beast low post man to dump it to but we dont, so we need a real PG. However, I think James would be awesome at the SG. The only time he really scores is when the ball gets rotated back to him like he's a SG. He has scoring ability and can shoot well. If Dmac started then it would still be ok but not as good because he cant score like James, he cant stretch the D like James, and Caron would still be at the 2. It wouldnt be as smooth. If we came out with Critt, James, Caron, AJ, and Blatche, then our O would be so smooth and I think that will automaticaly help our D. As I always say, we have to be real about this. Dmac is playing well but our D still sucks. Its not like starting him has helped our D so drasiticaly and he still struggles with the quicker guards. Both he & Caron are straight 3's. Dmac can be versatile but the majority of his run should be at the 3. He should be Caron's backup. Plus he will bring the energy off the bench. Others will say that our backcourt would be too small but again I say, its not like were stopping teams anyway and I think Critt could hold his own at guarding the 2. I honestly think we could win at nearly a .500 pace with that lineup.

The only thing is that Im really torn about it because at this point part of me wants us to stay with this lineup because we will lose and get a better pick. I also dont want Tap to get any wins that may make EG do something crazy like keep him next year. Other parts of me want me to make the move because I cant stand watching this team play like this. Im also worried that they will be stupid enough to start Dmac at the 3 again next year when Gil gets back. Gil would help but you should still have another shooter beside him that can spread the D and most of all you should put Caron back at his spot. The same goes for my new lineup. James should start to have a shooter beside Critt and a guy that can hit the open J when the big 2 get trapped. Thats why I got super excited the other night against Minny because we finally did it late. How good did we look with that lineup late in the game? Critt was feeding everyone and James hit two 3's. Sure enough next game we went back to James running the show, with Caron catching the ball behind the 3pt line, and Dmac on the other wing. Its not going to work. You may get luck every once in awhile but for the most part you will look like your playing in mud. Others look at it like they can just bring Critt and those guys off the bench any time to change the look but that doesnt work. Once you set a tone then thats how the game will be. The sad thing is that we will never see this lineup unless others get hurt and I dont want Dmac or those guys to get hurt just to see how this looks but no doubt it will work

PS- Is anyone else sick of Mason. I was rooting for him so much all year but I lost so much respect for him the last couple of days. Have you seen his interviews? He's talking real low and trying to sound nice but he's really saying some bitter things if you really pay attention to it. Why is he doing that? He wouldnt even be on SA or have a big name if we didnt bring him here last year. He also knew that we couldnt resign him and he didnt want to stay anyways. I thought he would be gracious when he spoke but its really like he's talking trash. I dont get that. He didnt leave here on any kind of bitter terms and everyone liked him. Now its like he's rubbing our face in the dirt. What gives?
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Re: Do You Think We Can Win Games With This Lineup? 

Post#2 » by JWizmentality » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Good, let him speak. I wish he'd really say the kind of bull$h!t that's been going on in this organization. Mason is a classy guy and wouldn't badmouth anybody unless it was warranted. Good for him, escaping the Eddie Jordan tyranny. I enjoyed every minute of his torching our behinds last night. What exactly did he say? I'd love some insight into how this joke of an organization is really run.
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#3 » by barelyawake » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:00 pm

EG was a class act with Mason. He'll find another one. He has several times. The disturbing part was he was basically calling Arenas selfish (or saying that the coach created a situation that crowded out everyone but Arenas). To be honest, if I were more confident that Rubio's D translated to the NBA, and we could get Bosh for Arenas/AJ (or even Stephen Jackson), I probably would.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#4 » by hands11 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:10 am

JWizmentality wrote:Good, let him speak. I wish he'd really say the kind of bull$h!t that's been going on in this organization. Mason is a classy guy and wouldn't badmouth anybody unless it was warranted. Good for him, escaping the Eddie Jordan tyranny. I enjoyed every minute of his torching our behinds last night. What exactly did he say? I'd love some insight into how this joke of an organization is really run.

I agree. Kind of like when Haywood wigged after the playoffs. Some wanted to get ride of him when all he was doing was calling a spade a spade. R Mason is still ok in my book. This franchise can actually grow from a little light being shined in once in a while.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01820.html

Was 7.3 for 2 years really to much for us to pay him.

Anyway, it's no secret the GA was an egomaniac and that EFJ was a kiss arss.

Return to Washington Wizards