ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Thread - Wizards vs Sixers (2/25/09)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Who will prevail?

Representing the most powerful city in the world...
60%
The guys who booed Santa Claus
40%

Total votes: 5

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Official Thread - Wizards vs Sixers (2/25/09) 

Post#41 » by hands11 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Now that's a block.

I like how he is using his off arm with bent elbow to shield off the contact. We need to teach our blockers how to do this.

Also, I noticed Evans technique every time he went to the hoop. He would always jump back into the defender while at the same time bring the ball from outside toward the defender and then played off the contact. I must have seen he do that 3-4 time. Fouled every time. 7 FTs in 27 mins. Not bad.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#42 » by closg00 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:47 pm

BigA wrote:
closg00 wrote:Song is just a bad match-up with an athletic squad like the Sixers. I honestly believe that had McGee & AB played just 15 minutes more, we would have won. No-matter, we are still in the Blake Griffin sweepstakes.

Really? During Blatche's late 3rd/early 4th stint the Wizards went from about 8-9 down to about 20 down, mostly due to Andray's dopey TOs and fouls leading to easy Sixer points on the other end.

That said, I still would have brought him back and given McGee some time later in the game after the Songaila line-up closed the gap back up. It wouldn't have meant winning the game, though. They probably would have lost by more than they did.

I was thinking of some of the in-game match-ups where Dalembert was really abusing us inside with Song at C. McGee's presence always makes opponents think twice about going up for a shot.
On-balance, I think our defense would have shaved their point total down had McGee & Blatche been in more than 5 minutes for JM & 14 for AB. But, yeah there was some sloppy play our there.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,332

Post#43 » by dobrojim » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:43 pm

GilArenas88 wrote:Since at this point I really only care about the young guys till Gil and Haywood return this is what a gathered from the game.

1. Blatche and McGee given a combined 22 minutes, while Songalia plays 27 minutes... :banghead:

2. Despite having a crappy shooting night Young was aggressive on the boards

3. Crit had some bad to's, but he's a very fascinating prospect because of his speed, distrubution ability, and defense. He's only going to get better and better, he's a keeper.

4. Dominic again just a workmans effort doing the little things and 14 pts 14 reb 3 blks 2 ast 1 stl is a superb statline. His jumper has been great as of late, if he can get a little better handle so he can drive better, he'll be a great steal.

1. McGee didn't look too bad that I remember, but AB is playing things way too cool for
my taste. He really needs to develop an attitude about kicking butt.

2. Was that New York's career high? It's got to be close.

3 and 4. +1
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,332

Post#44 » by dobrojim » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:48 pm

BigA wrote:
closg00 wrote:Song is just a bad match-up with an athletic squad like the Sixers. I honestly believe that had McGee & AB played just 15 minutes more, we would have won. No-matter, we are still in the Blake Griffin sweepstakes.

Really? During Blatche's late 3rd/early 4th stint the Wizards went from about 8-9 down to about 20 down, mostly due to Andray's dopey TOs and fouls leading to easy Sixer points on the other end.

That said, I still would have brought him back and given McGee some time later in the game after the Songaila line-up closed the gap back up. It wouldn't have meant winning the game, though. They probably would have lost by more than they did.

I totally agree. We were down 6 with less than 3 min to play in the quarter
and they went on a 9-0 (or net +9) to end the quarter. All while AB was in.

I too was disappointed McGee didn't get more (any?) burn in the 2nd half.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities

Return to Washington Wizards