FLEB RON: Wiz vs. the Crabwalkin' Traveliers

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Re: FLEB RON: Wiz vs. the Crabwalkin' Traveliers 

Post#301 » by pancakes3 » Sun Apr 5, 2009 9:09 pm

fishercob wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:what the magic did to the cavs today puts our win into perspective.

how so?

we beat them... but the magic crushed them. but then again this latest game with the cavs crushing the spurs re-perspective-izes our W.
Bullets -> Wizards
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#302 » by TheSecretWeapon » Mon Apr 6, 2009 3:39 pm

doclinkin wrote:
TheSecretWeapon wrote:Don't oversell Ernie's adherence to advanced metrics. They have a couple guys in the front office who are interested in advanced stats, but the team has been unwilling to actually pay for said stats. They get an "advanced" stat report from a consultant (who also supplies reports to 10 or so other teams) periodically. I saw a couple of those reports when I was doing a small project for the team, and they were unimpressive to my eye. I think there's better work being done by a number of people at the APBRmetrics board. Not even counting the APBRmetrics guys who have been siphoned off by teams.

Eh. Too bad. Wishful thinking I guess. I suppose it was just Erinie's appreciation for Haywood (on a cheap extension) and desire for better defense despite failing to replace the better defenders when they left. Then the public snubbing when Tom Tippytoe left the scene. And the power struggle inherent when an owner handpicks the coach. I like both Ernie and Eddie, I'd have preferred it worked out for all involved. Along with improved defense, and depth, and wins and all.

Shame on the stats deal though. I suppose it was Pat Riley and JVG driving that bus in NY.

Ernie isn't a stats Luddite. He lets a couple of his primary advisors indulge in them, and he listens to their advice. But Ernie himself is much more in the "I know what I see" school.

Riley definitely is into the advanced metrics -- especially the stuff his teams track themselves.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#303 » by Manny Phresh » Mon Apr 6, 2009 11:33 pm

BigA wrote:
fishercob wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:what the magic did to the cavs today puts our win into perspective.

how so?

The Wiz win sapped the Cavs of their will to win. They just crash and burn from here on.

I see that didn't last too long
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#304 » by BigA » Mon Apr 6, 2009 11:54 pm

Manny Phresh wrote:
BigA wrote:The Wiz win sapped the Cavs of their will to win. They just crash and burn from here on.

That was a joke, not a prediction. Maybe I need to put in [/jk] or something.

For the record, I expect the Cavs to win Wednesday (hopefully the Wizards give them a game). I expect the Cavs to get to the finals, though Orlando might give them some trouble (more so than Boston). I think they have more of a shot at the Lakers than they did at the Spurs a few years back, and probably take it to at least 6 games.

Also, after reading some of the reactions to the question "would you trade Butler for James" on here, I don't have anywhere near the dislike for Lebron (or even the Cavs) that most of the Wizboard has, though I enjoy and encourage poking fun at him. I'd be neutral for Cavs-Lakers.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#305 » by hands11 » Tue Apr 7, 2009 1:43 am

They are going to want to get revenge at home. That's for sure.

I can't believe the Spur couldn't hang with them. Big Z was like a glove on Timmy.
It just didn't look like a good match up.

Good thing we have Haywood and he owns Z. That makes a huge difference for us.

The Spurs just looked old except for Parker.

Well SAS didn't take care of business. I was hoping to catch Cleveland on a 0-3 slide which we started so we could make it 0-4.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#306 » by hands11 » Tue Apr 7, 2009 1:45 am

BigA wrote:
Manny Phresh wrote:
BigA wrote:The Wiz win sapped the Cavs of their will to win. They just crash and burn from here on.

For the record, I expect the Cavs to win Wednesday (hopefully the Wizards give them a game). I expect the Cavs to get to the finals, though Orlando might give them some trouble (more so than Boston). I think they have more of a shot at the Lakers than they did at the Spurs a few years back, and probably take it to at least 6 games.

Also, after reading some of the reactions to the question "would you trade Butler for James" on here, I don't have anywhere near the dislike for Lebron (or even the Cavs) that most of the Wizboard has, though I enjoy and encourage poking fun at him. I'd be neutral for Cavs-Lakers.

Booooooooooo Hisssssssssssss
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#307 » by JWizmentality » Tue Apr 7, 2009 1:51 am

BigA wrote:
Manny Phresh wrote:

Ye should be taken into the streets naked and beaten with a broken tree branch. You have brought shame to the wizborad. :evil:
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#308 » by doclinkin » Tue Apr 7, 2009 5:37 am

BigA wrote:Also, after reading some of the reactions to the question "would you trade Butler for James" on here, I don't have anywhere near the dislike for Lebron (or even the Cavs) that most of the Wizboard has, though I enjoy and encourage poking fun at him. I'd be neutral for Cavs-Lakers.

Neutral for a contest between an unconvicted rapist and an overgrown lip-checking man-baby. Not saying I'd be rooting for injury, but if they could somehow both lose it wouldn't bother me a smidgen.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#309 » by BigA » Tue Apr 7, 2009 9:59 am

doclinkin wrote:
BigA wrote:Also, after reading some of the reactions to the question "would you trade Butler for James" on here, I don't have anywhere near the dislike for Lebron (or even the Cavs) that most of the Wizboard has, though I enjoy and encourage poking fun at him. I'd be neutral for Cavs-Lakers.

Neutral for a contest between an unconvicted rapist and an overgrown lip-checking man-baby. Not saying I'd be rooting for injury, but if they could somehow both lose it wouldn't bother me a smidgen.

That's "overgrown, lip-checking, NAIL-BITING, man-baby" to you.

The thing that might tip it to the Cavs for me is that they don't have Damon Jones anymore. And a plus for the Lakers for me is that Bynum went to HS the next town over from where I grew up.

But, yes, I dislike Kobe more than I dislike Lebron, and it's not really close.

Chuckling at the shame I've brought down on the Wizboard.

Return to Washington Wizards