FLEB RON: Wiz vs. the Crabwalkin' Traveliers

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Re: FLEB RON: Wiz vs. the Crabwalkin' Traveliers 

Post#281 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:25 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=894904&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30

They're talking smack about us. Somebody go there and own them.
calibanPK
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

Post#282 » by calibanPK » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:35 pm

Can't we all just get along?
:hug:

Good win guys, definitely good to see all your main guys back in the lineup, albeit not 100%.

Once I saw Jamison on the bench with that injury I was like man these guys can't catch a break!

What's the diagnosis on him?
crackhed
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#283 » by crackhed » Fri Apr 3, 2009 4:57 pm

P'Oed wrote:I called in to Wizards Postgame Live to tell Glenn Consor that we play better defense when Jamison is on the bench and he basically told me I was wrong.

everyone knows u cant critique antawn to that crew. the man-crush is crazy... i mean, what'll they say if antawn starts defending?
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the kind of man I am"
H. Simpson
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#284 » by P'Oed » Fri Apr 3, 2009 5:00 pm

crackhed wrote:
P'Oed wrote:I called in to Wizards Postgame Live to tell Glenn Consor that we play better defense when Jamison is on the bench and he basically told me I was wrong.

everyone knows u cant say critique antawn to that crew. the man-crush is crazy... i mean, what'll they say if antawn starts defending?

I can't even imagine what they'd safe if that would happen. Of course, hell might freeze over first. I wasn't gonna argue with the guy...for now :wink: At least I know how easy it is to get on that show. Or at least it was easy last night for whatever reason.
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#285 » by WashWiz54 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 5:29 pm

It feels like the Wizards season started last night. I'm so disappointed we have to wait a full summer to see this team healthy, but my God it's worth it. That W reminded me why exactly I love this team and that is more important than a couple more ping pong balls. That was seriously the happiest I've been as a Wizard fan in a LONG time. It just gives me so much more hope for the future. Throw Blake Griffin (please!) and we're looking really good.

Thank you Wizards for winning this game and restoring my happiness as a fan.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#286 » by LyricalRico » Fri Apr 3, 2009 5:58 pm

WashWiz54 wrote:It feels like the Wizards season started last night.

Tell me about it! Oh well, let's just hope the offseason passes quickly and with no more injuries.
FatComputerNerd
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#287 » by FatComputerNerd » Fri Apr 3, 2009 5:59 pm

Wow well I did not read this entire thread but some of the comments come as no surprise considering our rivalry.

In any case, I wanted to say 'grats...as much as it does sicken me to do so =\

You guys outplayed us, and deserved the win. We got a much needed wake up call.

So congrats on a great win for you guys!
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#288 » by hands11 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 6:23 pm

WashWiz54 wrote:It feels like the Wizards season started last night. I'm so disappointed we have to wait a full summer to see this team healthy, but my God it's worth it. That W reminded me why exactly I love this team and that is more important than a couple more ping pong balls. That was seriously the happiest I've been as a Wizard fan in a LONG time. It just gives me so much more hope for the future. Throw Blake Griffin (please!) and we're looking really good.

Thank you Wizards for winning this game and restoring my happiness as a fan.

And this is one of the big reasons they brought back Gil and Haywood instead of waiting.

This helps in so many way from ticket sales to player faith to attracting coaches and player now and in the future.

I think there has been a lot of over critiquing of Tapps and EG. This helps put some things in perceptive. It certainly gives EG some cover regarding his roster and decisions. Only more time will tell the more complete story. As for Tapps, he coached a good game. Can't really deny that.

This is dam near perfect for us the way this has gone down. Plenty of losses but now we have everyone coming back healthy and we just beat a hot team on a big winning streak and they happen to have the best record in the league and are our hated rivals.

DS and James are out and our role player contributed. Only one negative was Crit being hurt but I'm not sure how many minutes he would have gotten anyway.

EJ is gone
GA is maturing and leading.

How much better can it get then that ?
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#289 » by yungal07 » Fri Apr 3, 2009 7:01 pm

badinage wrote:So sweet, so, so sweet.

Such a hateful bunch, that team. Sullen, whiny, elbow-throwing, tatted, thuggy.

One win over these dudes is like being on a five-game win streak.

Oh, and to all of you starfu(kers at Verizon tonight: Have a little pride and sense of self-worth.

:lol:
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Post#290 » by cavsfan_osiris » Fri Apr 3, 2009 7:45 pm

I posed a question on these boards a little bit ago. I wanted to know what the point was of bringing Gil back to play a handful of games at the end of the season. I got my answer last night.

It kinda hurts to wonder what could have been if the Wiz had their whole team this season. I know many hated him, but Eddie Jordan is a damn good coach. A healthy Arenas and Wiz squad would have made the NBA even more enjoyable to watch this season.

With Arenas maturing maybe he can become more of a true point. I don't want him to go the route of Allen Iverson, who never matured, played every game to jack his shots up and never made his teammates better. I was a little concerned about his lateral movement though last night. Defensively he couldn't move laterally at all.

With a solid draft and the maturity of players like DMac and McGee the Wiz could again rise to the top of the East next year. Great to see your guys get healthy. The was the year Haywood was going to blow up to, but it can still happen next year.

Also great to see the atmosphere in that arena. You could see it on tv.
much respect to the 2011-2012 champions, Miami Heat, well deserved
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#291 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Apr 3, 2009 7:49 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:This is the second great thing I've heard about EJ since he was fired.

First was his Christmas conversation the Brendan and the mutual respect they have for each other.

Now, it comes out that he and Gil are still tight.

Bottom line about EJ is injuries did him in.

IF EJ had had Dominic at SG and a more enlightened approach about Brendan's minutes the guy would be fine at coach now.

Well, sorta. I'd say if he and Ernie hadn't both mismanaged the whole botched Thibodeaux thing he would have been fine. Teams can't just rely on the old rahrah motivational methods alone to get maximized performance out of their players. Everybody else is playing the chess game, no point deliberately ignoring useful battlefield intel. I really get the impression that in fact what galled GMEG most was EJ's stubborn refusal to consider any advanced metrics of success. Ernie was an early adopter on the stat revolution, with Riles in NY.

You need both. A human touch and good principles proven true. It's a game of slim margins and narrow %'ages. Might as well take every advantage you can get.

Yep. That, too, doc.

Besides injuries missing out on a guy who would have made the defense much more proficient, and who would have maximized the performance of the perimeter defenders as well as probably insisting last season Haywood played about 35 minutes a game, really sealed EJ's fate as well.

I really hope EJ will learn from this the next coaching gig he gets. He needs sharp assistants and help with defense and in-game strategy. Jordan needs to be humble enough to accept help where he needs it without being threatened the guy will get his job or that of his assistants.

doc, I suspect EJ was just being loyal to O'Koren and other assistants in resisting Thibodeau. Might have been tough to do, but I think EJ should have welcomed organizational change even if it meant trading out a coach or two.
Bye bye Beal.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#292 » by doclinkin » Sat Apr 4, 2009 3:15 am

TheSecretWeapon wrote:Don't oversell Ernie's adherence to advanced metrics. They have a couple guys in the front office who are interested in advanced stats, but the team has been unwilling to actually pay for said stats. They get an "advanced" stat report from a consultant (who also supplies reports to 10 or so other teams) periodically. I saw a couple of those reports when I was doing a small project for the team, and they were unimpressive to my eye. I think there's better work being done by a number of people at the APBRmetrics board. Not even counting the APBRmetrics guys who have been siphoned off by teams.

Eh. Too bad. Wishful thinking I guess. I suppose it was just Erinie's appreciation for Haywood (on a cheap extension) and desire for better defense despite failing to replace the better defenders when they left. Then the public snubbing when Tom Tippytoe left the scene. And the power struggle inherent when an owner handpicks the coach. I like both Ernie and Eddie, I'd have preferred it worked out for all involved. Along with improved defense, and depth, and wins and all.

Shame on the stats deal though. I suppose it was Pat Riley and JVG driving that bus in NY.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,345

Post#293 » by doclinkin » Sat Apr 4, 2009 3:17 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:doc, I suspect EJ was just being loyal to O'Koren and other assistants in resisting Thibodeau. Might have been tough to do, but I think EJ should have welcomed organizational change even if it meant trading out a coach or two.

Maybe, but then he wouldn't have been the sort of guy who inspired such loyalty in his players, right? His stubborn loyalty to the guys who work hard on his behalf was both his strength and failing. Good match for Abe in that way.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#294 » by JWizmentality » Sat Apr 4, 2009 3:45 am

Holy flying $h!tballs!! They called a tech on LeB!tch. Bloody hell, I've seen everything!!
:jawdrop:
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#295 » by miller31time » Sat Apr 4, 2009 3:57 am

Guess the Cavs went drinking after the Wizards game.

That the only reason they lose games, ya' know.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#296 » by nate33 » Sat Apr 4, 2009 4:22 am

miller31time wrote:Guess the Cavs went drinking after the Wizards game.

That the only reason they lose games, ya' know.

I love how they use partying as an excuse, yet nobody mentions that we actually played a road game the night before. We were on the 2nd half of a back-to-back. They had the day off.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#297 » by pancakes3 » Sun Apr 5, 2009 12:27 am

what the magic did to the cavs today puts our win into perspective.
Bullets -> Wizards
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#298 » by fishercob » Sun Apr 5, 2009 2:07 am

pancakes3 wrote:what the magic did to the cavs today puts our win into perspective.

how so?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#299 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sun Apr 5, 2009 7:04 pm

That win made me real proud as a Wizards fan. Us healthy with a top 5 pick we should be a top 3 team in the East next season. Time to win this season series vs the Cavs then collect ping pong balls!
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#300 » by BigA » Sun Apr 5, 2009 8:10 pm

fishercob wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:what the magic did to the cavs today puts our win into perspective.

how so?

The Wiz win sapped the Cavs of their will to win. They just crash and burn from here on.

Return to Washington Wizards