ImageImageImageImageImage

official juan dixon appreciation thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

beretta90
Ballboy
And1: 0

official juan dixon appreciation thread 

Post#1 » by beretta90 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:35 pm

Since juan is hurt and probably out for the rest of the year, and most people are saying he wont be resgined n his career in the nba is most likely over and that tonight is the national championship game wich he won with maryland 7 years ago. i would like any juan fans share there best memories with him either as a terp or a wizard and post it on here. nuthing negaitive those cuz alotta bag on him more than he should be bagged on
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Re: official juan dixon appreciation thread 

Post#2 » by BigA » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:46 pm

As for his Wizards career, there's one game that pretty much stands by itself, to the point where I refer to it as "the Juan Dixon game." I was there, it was great.

http://www.nba.com/games/20050502/CHIWAS/recap.html
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#3 » by closg00 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:57 pm

JD, what can you say, he's got the heart of a lion. I wish him well wherever he goes to next.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#4 » by Dat2U » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:12 pm

I'm sure there's a Terps board somewhere where this thread would be more appreciated.

However if Michael Ruffin, one of the five worst players in NBA history, could have a shrine on this board, then I guess Dixon can too.

I'm just wondering where's the Mike James appreciation thread or the Oleksiy Pecherov shrine at?

Or maybe we should just start a thread called "Scrub appreciation shrine" where we can celebrate the crappiness of all our bench warmers now and into the future.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,327

Post#5 » by nate33 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:35 pm

Dixon tweaked his achilles before the Miami game but played anyway because the team had no healthy guards. He reinjured it during the game. Fitting. He (perhaps) finishes his career sacrificing himself for the good of the team.

Dixon has more heart than 99% of the players in this league. He's done more with less talent than just about everybody out there. He'll always have his NCAA championship and Game 4 of the Chicago game. Nobody can take that away from him. Thanks, Juan.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#6 » by queridiculo » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:45 pm

Juan Dixon is the anti-Blatche.

One maximized his talents, while the other maximized squandering his talents.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#7 » by JWizmentality » Mon Apr 6, 2009 11:00 pm

Happy trails to wherever you land next Juan!
no D in Hibachi
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#8 » by no D in Hibachi » Mon Apr 6, 2009 11:08 pm

Dat2U wrote:I'm sure there's a Terps board somewhere where this thread would be more appreciated.

However if Michael Ruffin, one of the five worst players in NBA history, could have a shrine on this board, then I guess Dixon can too.

I'm just wondering where's the Mike James appreciation thread or the Oleksiy Pecherov shrine at?

Or maybe we should just start a thread called "Scrub appreciation shrine" where we can celebrate the crappiness of all our bench warmers now and into the future.

No kidding. I'm convinced that Beretta is Dixon's little brother or cousin. No one would have such unwavering loyalty to the 11th man on the second worst team in the entire league. As Nate said he has two game which will be his forever. The 4th game against the bulls and the NCAA game. Other than that he's always been a little too small and not consistent enough to be a role player on a contending team. I wish him well, but hope he doesn't return to the Wiz next season.

Return to Washington Wizards