ImageImageImageImageImage

Please Grade Eddie Jordan as a Coach.

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Please Grade Eddie Jordan as a Coach

A: An able strategist (X & O) guy, can maintain focus/harmony in the locker room, can develop young players, can manage stars.
12%
B: Above average coach with some strengths.
29%
C: Mediocre & run of the mill.
43%
D: Sucks.
14%
E: Sucks at everything.
2%

Total votes: 58

DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,965

Re: Please Grade Eddie Jordan as a Coach. 

Post#101 » by DCZards » Sun May 31, 2009 1:59 am

Hey doc, saw your post about EJ on the sixer board. Nice read.
Mel Proctor
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#102 » by Mel Proctor » Mon Jun 1, 2009 5:20 pm

I for one am thrilled that EJ has ended up in the Eastern Conf. Cross Philly off of the list of teams to have to be worried about for the next 2-3 years.

If Philly fans couldn't stand AI hoisting 3s last year, just wait till they get a load of the "Princeton" offense, which is predicated on little guys shooting 3s. One small problem for Philly: other than Thad Young, none of them shoot at a high enough % to make it worthwhile.

You're also going to love the "backdoor cuts," which work for layups about once every 3 games or so. Is Mike O'Koren going to be joining as an assistant coach? He sure brings a lot to the table...
Versatile Announcer
Remember me?
WizStorm
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#103 » by WizStorm » Mon Jun 1, 2009 5:26 pm

corwin wrote:BTW since I'm on, are there any current players on the Wizards that he will want to trade for that your team is planning on moving?
If you are looking for existing personnel that EJ may be craving to put in the Sixers rotation, Etan Thomas immediately jumps to mind and probably DeShawn Stevenson. I believe the Knicks may be interested in trading Jared Jeffries, an all-time Eddie Jordan favorite.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#104 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Jun 1, 2009 5:45 pm

WizStorm wrote:
corwin wrote:BTW since I'm on, are there any current players on the Wizards that he will want to trade for that your team is planning on moving?
If you are looking for existing personnel that EJ may be craving to put in the Sixers rotation, Etan Thomas immediately jumps to mind and probably DeShawn Stevenson. I believe the Knicks may be interested in trading Jared Jeffries, an all-time Eddie Jordan favorite.

Don't forget Songaila. Philly needs shooters and what better than a small ball center.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#105 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 1, 2009 6:18 pm

daSwami wrote:Many here have said it better, but I'll offer my perspectives on EJ. For better or worse, he's a "system" coach (as opposed to a strategist). Meaning, he has a myopic and unwaivering commitment to the system he specializes in, the Princeton-style offense, which is designed to put a team's best scorers in the best position to score. A Jordan-coached team will likely score a lot of points. He also seems to favor taking full advantge of opportunities to score in transition, which means lots of minutes for quick wing players.

In fairness, all coaches have a system, and he has made adjustments to fit the personnel. Guys like the Haywood he started with and Etan Thomas would never be able to play in a standard Princeton offense, and yet those were his starting centers throughout his tenure. The Princeton O favors hybrid guards to share the PG duties, yet in NJ - Kidd was extremely effective as the purest of PGs.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#106 » by closg00 » Mon Jun 1, 2009 11:16 pm

Philly, get ready for weave and heave :lol:

Hey! maybe the offense might work better for the Sixers :roll:
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,965

Post#107 » by DCZards » Tue Jun 2, 2009 2:22 am

closg00 wrote:Philly, get ready for weave and heave Hey! maybe the offense might work better for the Sixers :roll:

Actually, that offense worked pretty well for the Zards...it was our defense that sucked.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#108 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Jun 2, 2009 2:46 am

DCZards wrote:
closg00 wrote:Philly, get ready for weave and heave Hey! maybe the offense might work better for the Sixers :roll:

Actually, that offense worked pretty well for the Zards...it was our defense that sucked.

closg00
RealGM

Post#109 » by closg00 » Wed Jun 3, 2009 6:03 pm

This EFJ is a real man, note how he takes full responsibility for what happened in Washington
On what he might have been missing in Washington: We always were a little bit deficient on the defensive end. In my book, and others, you have to have personnel to defend them. All 30 teams in the league emphasize defense and there's about eight or twelve, to push a little bit, that can really defend because they have the personnel to do it. This team starts with one of the best players that is defensive-minded and the team follows the leader. We haven't talked a lot about defense but it is certainly the way the guys approach the game, it's a mindset, it's a personality and it's an attitude.

This coming from the man who started Etan Thomas over Z when we were fighting for our playoff-lives. The man who stuck with small-ball no-matter how-badly we were being abused in match-ups.
Yeah Eddie, there was nothing you could have done, your hands were tied.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,865

Post#110 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jun 3, 2009 6:09 pm

Eddie Jordan is on the John Thompson show right now and he's basically taking subtle shots at Ernie. :roll:

Listening to him makes me even happier he's no longer our coach.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 378

Post#111 » by Benjammin » Wed Jun 3, 2009 6:10 pm

Yeah, I read those comments also. It does reinforce my belief that EFJ is a very stubborn and overly confident individual who is not terribly introspective. For a guy with a below .500 record, he certainly thinks very highly of himself.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#112 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Jun 3, 2009 6:11 pm

Who cares what he has to say? The man is a career loser. I could care less what he says. He's never won anything and he's almost coached for a decade now.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,865

Post#113 » by Wizardspride » Wed Jun 3, 2009 6:15 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:Who cares what he has to say? The man is a career loser. I could care less what he says. He's never won anything and he's almost coached for a decade now.

I'm listening to him right now and he comes across as a little arrogant.

I really want to beat this guy. :lol:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
closg00
RealGM

Post#114 » by closg00 » Wed Jun 3, 2009 6:26 pm

SI
He won over Sixers management with a four-hour "chalk talk" portion of his second interview when he explained how each Sixer would fit in his system. Stefanski hoped that will include unrestricted free-agent point guard Andre Miller. With Brand, Marreese Speights, and Thaddeus Young in the frontcourt, erratic center Samuel Daelmbert might not be in the plans if he can't quickly adjust to the new scheme.
"If it doesn't happen, then you have other alternatives -- he can't play," Jordan said. "He may be just a spot player. If he doesn't accept that, then there are other alternatives."

And there you have-it, EFJ hatred of big-men and his laying the fondation for small-ball :lol:
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#115 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Jun 3, 2009 6:29 pm

He's allergic to defensive minded centers with size and length. He might have been picked on by one in his younger days.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,443

Post#116 » by mhd » Wed Jun 3, 2009 6:35 pm

I knew it!

EJ is going to small ball! Imagine his "Energy" Lineup of Williams/Iggy/Young/Brand/Evans.

Speights won't get much PT. Evans will surely get more.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#117 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jun 3, 2009 6:58 pm

^ He hasn't even been with the team for a WEEK and he's already alienating his only 7-footer. Oh man, this guy is going to completely destroy Philly's franchise. It's going to be so much fun to watch.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,332

Post#118 » by doclinkin » Wed Jun 3, 2009 10:15 pm

From Big Wood in the comments section of his blog.

"I wouldn't mind playing for eddie again, we got off to a ruff start but in the end we had a pretty good relationship. philly wouldn't be a bad spot for me, and my contract is up in 2010 anyways so you never know what might happen."

Also:
playing for eddie had it"s ups and downs but in the end I can truly say that I liked playing for him
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM

Post#119 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Jun 3, 2009 10:18 pm

doclinkin wrote:
"I wouldn't mind playing for eddie again, we got off to a ruff start but in the end we had a pretty good relationship. philly wouldn't be a bad spot for me, and my contract is up in 2010 anyways so you never know what might happen."

From Big Wood in the comments section of his blog.

I wonder if his spelling of rough have anything to do with Ruffin getting PT over him.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#120 » by fishercob » Wed Jun 3, 2009 10:58 pm

closg00 wrote:SI
He won over Sixers management with a four-hour "chalk talk" portion of his second interview when he explained how each Sixer would fit in his system. Stefanski hoped that will include unrestricted free-agent point guard Andre Miller. With Brand, Marreese Speights, and Thaddeus Young in the frontcourt, erratic center Samuel Daelmbert might not be in the plans if he can't quickly adjust to the new scheme.
"If it doesn't happen, then you have other alternatives -- he can't play," Jordan said. "He may be just a spot player. If he doesn't accept that, then there are other alternatives."

And there you have-it, EFJ hatred of big-men and his laying the fondation for small-ball :lol:

A Speights/Brand/Young frontcourt would hardly be classified as "small ball." Some might call it scary.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin

Return to Washington Wizards