ginobili

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Re: ginobili 

Post#141 » by Rafael122 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:58 am

Spurs have a thin bench, and they would like to upgrade maybe 3 of their positions. My guess would be DeRozan (but he doesn't seem like a Pop pick), but Hill would be my pick.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#142 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:23 am

Rafael122 wrote:Spurs have a thin bench, and they would like to upgrade maybe 3 of their positions. My guess would be DeRozan (but he doesn't seem like a Pop pick), but Hill would be my pick.

Yeah, DeRozan came to my mind as well because they have nothing at SF anymore and could also really use the athleticism. But you're right in that he's too raw to make me think Pop would be interested in giving real assets to get him.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#143 » by WizarDynasty » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:37 am

I have a feeling it is for Mullen. Mullen was the number basketball recruit in the nation less than a year ago. His agility scores are off the charts, his jumper is perfect form, and the guy is a monster in the post with his agility and strong body, and 9'3 standing reach. He would be an excellent replacement for Duncan and would pretty much make a smooth transition from Duncan to Mullen. Mullen bank shot and size work perfectly for their system and Mullen will be close to unstoppable in the post just like the younger tim duncan was. Spurs are just trying to figure out a way to get him at the cheapest price. Especially since you got guys projecting to go higher than a potential franchise bigman.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,348

Post#144 » by doclinkin » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:42 am

WizarDynasty wrote:I have a feeling it is for Mullen. Mullen was the number basketball recruit in the nation less than a year ago. His agility scores are off the charts, his jumper is perfect form, and the guy is a monster in the post with his agility and strong body, and 9'3 standing reach. He would be an excellent replacement for Duncan and would pretty much make a smooth transition from Duncan to Mullen. Mullen bank shot and size work perfectly for their system and Mullen will be close to unstoppable in the post just like the younger tim duncan was. Spurs are just trying to figure out a way to get him at the cheapest price. Especially since you got guys projecting to go higher than a potential franchise bigman.

Well then you misunderstand the Spurs. Pop has dumped players with top quality athleticism in order to play guys like (short, unathletic) Fabricio Oberto, simply because the other players were too slow to intuit the way he wanted it done. Ian Mahinmi has been killing it in the D-League but has never sniffed the court under Pop because he just don't know.

BJ Mullens is completely lost on a basketball court as soon as the whistle blows. You're right he's factory assembled as a ready-made pro player but in the mass workout that happened right after the combine he was so thoroughly trashed by Luke Nevill (IIRC) that reports said he was sobbing in the locker room afterwards. Looks good in the show room, blows on the highway.

He may eventually get it, but he's not the prototypical Popovich player. By the time he figures it out, well Tiago Splitter will have been released from his Euro deal and will already be playing for the Spurs as their Tim Duncan Junior.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#145 » by Blame Rasho » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:52 am

doclinkin wrote:
WizarDynasty wrote:I have a feeling it is for Mullen. Mullen was the number basketball recruit in the nation less than a year ago. His agility scores are off the charts, his jumper is perfect form, and the guy is a monster in the post with his agility and strong body, and 9'3 standing reach. He would be an excellent replacement for Duncan and would pretty much make a smooth transition from Duncan to Mullen. Mullen bank shot and size work perfectly for their system and Mullen will be close to unstoppable in the post just like the younger tim duncan was. Spurs are just trying to figure out a way to get him at the cheapest price. Especially since you got guys projecting to go higher than a potential franchise bigman.

Well then you misunderstand the Spurs. Pop has dumped players with top quality athleticism in order to play guys like Fabricio Oberto, simply because the other players were too slow to intuit the way he wanted it done. Ian Mahinmi has been killign the D-League but has never sniffed the court under Pop because he just don't know.

BJ Mullens is completely lost on a basketball court as soon as the whistle blows. You're right he's factory assembled as a ready-made pro player but in the mass workout that happened right after the combine he was so thoroughly trashed by Luke Nevill (IIRC) that reports said he was sobbing in the locker room afterwards. Looks good in the show room, blows on the highway.

He may eventually get it, but he's not the prototypical Popovich player. By the time he figures it out, well Tiago Splitter will have been released from his Euro deal and will already be playing for the Spurs as their Tim Duncan Junior.

Very well said...
no D in Hibachi
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#146 » by no D in Hibachi » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:11 am

Rafael122 wrote:Thanks to Mike Lee for getting the scoop. The Spurs called the Wizards about the pick, not the other way around. Wiz asked for Manu, and apparently, that's as far as it went.

Something tells me Ivan wouldn't have cracked that case.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#147 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:00 pm

no D in Hibachi wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:Thanks to Mike Lee for getting the scoop. The Spurs called the Wizards about the pick, not the other way around. Wiz asked for Manu, and apparently, that's as far as it went.

Something tells me Ivan wouldn't have cracked that case.

He's probably still trying to. LOL
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,348

Post#148 » by doclinkin » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Since this was from a month ago or so I'd bet Harden was the player of interest. He seems like Popovich player through and through. Okay they have Mason and George Hill, but I can even see Harden in a Bruce Bowen role for them. Unselfish, low-post skills, rebounds and passes, long armed and smart enough to understand their team defense concepts. Seems like the kind of player Pop would salivate over if he could get him without losing much.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#149 » by pancakes3 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:07 pm

^ i don't know about at #5 but i can see pop wanting to draft: Hansborough, Collison, Henderson, Sam Young, Derrek Brown.
Bullets -> Wizards
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#150 » by verbal8 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:46 am

doclinkin wrote:BJ Mullens is completely lost on a basketball court as soon as the whistle blows. You're right he's factory assembled as a ready-made pro player but in the mass workout that happened right after the combine he was so thoroughly trashed by Luke Nevill (IIRC) that reports said he was sobbing in the locker room afterwards. Looks good in the show room, blows on the highway.

Is BJ Mullens Kwame Brown Jr?

Return to Washington Wizards