ImageImageImageImageImage

The What Should We Do With the 5th Pick II: IBJ Edition

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Re: The What Should We Do With the 5th Pick II: IBJ Edition 

Post#481 » by verbal8 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:17 am

I think there are 5 players who could be taken at the 5th pick. If Thabeet or Rubio drops I think it is a trade scenario. I really hope this would be the case with Thabeet, because I don't think a big man project is what the Wizards need.

With Evans or Harden I think the Wizards keep them. Curry is interesting because he fits a need, but is also attractive to teams looking to trade up.

I think the only way we would take Hill is for a trade.
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#482 » by Ji » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:43 am

I only want to trade if we are getting a blockbuster player like Amare or Bosh...anything else...and I think we would be getting screwed..the furthest down I am willing to trade is to 7
NYKBaller
General Manager
And1: 241

Post#483 » by NYKBaller » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:48 am

you guys want cap relief i mean, EG might bite
Follow me at @CTthatdude & watch www.youtube.com/CTthatdude
KevinFCheng
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#484 » by KevinFCheng » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:52 am

NYKBaller wrote:you guys want cap relief i mean, EG might bite

Etan and Mike James' deals are expiring as well. So it doesn't do us any good.
Ji
Banned User

Post#485 » by Ji » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:57 am

maybe last year or two years ago...but we can live with Etan for one more year....

i am really worried about Thabeet falling to us. If Memphis dosent take him at 2...we might be screwed
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#486 » by Optms » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:57 am

No GM is that (Please Use More Appropriate Word) this side of the east coast. Sorry.

Rafael122 wrote:Knicks last offer to the Wizards per Chad Ford:

Hughes for Thomas, James and the 5th pick.

This must be a typo because I'm not taking this seriously.
cingular
Senior

Post#487 » by cingular » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:43 am

Im sure that was Walsh's feeler offer that rejected thus Chad Fraud heard wind.....

I'm sure Walsh tried for the pick initially then it doesn't look as bad when he says fine I give you Effries!
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#488 » by Higga » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:43 am

I like Hughes, but I think Evans can be that type of player for much cheaper.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,626

Post#489 » by pancakes3 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:48 am

yes please. take our expirings and our lotto pick. how about a wilson chandler + david lee for butler + jamison while we're at it?

chad ford is a buffoon. the man is to basketball journalism what r. l. stein is to the horror genre. the only reason he's even a contributor to Insider is because he put up cash for its predecessor sportstalk.com. His trade rumors rarely make sense, but he dismisses it as just rumors being rumors when in fact it'd be laughable if any team actually considered his opinions. basically, the man is a fraud.
Bullets -> Wizards
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect

Post#490 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:52 am

I really hate reading Chad Ford's stuff, its like he throws stuff out there
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

maybe the Nats, in like 10 years
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#491 » by Kanyewest » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:13 am

Jrue Holiday didn't work out for the Wizards because of Dan Fegan. Supposedly has a promise to get picked by the Kings. Did Dan Fegan manage Gilbert Arenas when he was drafted; have to wonder if Fegan was the reason that Arenas slipped so much.
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#492 » by WashWiz54 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:53 am

Are you really that delusional and misinformed that you think this is a realistic offer?

1. Etan and James are both expiring contracts making your point irrelevant.

2. Hughes is not worth anything close to the fifth pick.

3. Chad Ford is notorious for blowing steam making him about as unreliable as it gets.

Etan, James, and the fifth pick for Hughes and the eighth is the only deal I consider assuming Amare and Bosh are unobtainable.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#493 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:14 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02748.html

The Washington Wizards hold the fifth pick in Thursday's NBA draft and President Ernie Grunfeld has spoken openly about his willingness to move the selection, opening the door for numerous inquiries and trade discussions in the past few weeks.

About half of the teams in the league have spoken with the Wizards, according to a league source, and most of those discussions have revolved around the draft choice. Some teams, though, have also asked about the availability of the Wizards' top players, with most focusing on Caron Butler.

Multiple sources have confirmed that the Wizards engaged in conversations with the Phoenix Suns about acquiring all-star forward Amare Stoudemire last month, but the talks stalled when the Suns demanded Butler. Another league source added that Golden State and Portland have also attempted to land Butler, but Grunfeld hasn't budged.

Grunfeld's preference is to hold on to his three all-stars in Butler, Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison but he refused to deem any player on his roster as an untouchable when asked on Monday. "You never say never to anything. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was traded. Oscar Robertson was traded," Grunfeld said. "But I've said many times, I like our players. I think we can compete with just about anybody in the league. So, we like what we have. But if the right opportunity presents itself, you always look at it."
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
eltacoman
Junior

Post#494 » by eltacoman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:08 am

i dont know if Thabeet would be bad if he fell to us especially if Curry is still on the board too .... we could trade

Thabeet + Critt + Etan
FOR
Curry + Mike Miller

this would open spots up for our 32nd pick and a free agent

We could probably even trade back again with the Knicks if Hills still on the board or Portland Rudy!

Curry + Pecherov
Hill + Wilson Chandler

We could then hopefully Trade

Hill + Jamison + James + 2010 1st + 32nd
for
Amare Stoudemire + 14th = Ty Lawson or Jeff Teague

sign some of Flips vets that want to win now McDyess & Murbury or Iverson instead of Murbury he has bad Karma

Gilbert - Iverson - Lawson
Miller - Young - Dmac
Caron - Chandler - Dmac
Amare - Blatche - Song
Wood - McDyess - Mcgee

this would be my dream on draft night and opening lineup of the season :D
Ji
Banned User

Post#495 » by Ji » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:35 am

Wizardspride wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/22/AR2009062202748.html

The Washington Wizards hold the fifth pick in Thursday's NBA draft and President Ernie Grunfeld has spoken openly about his willingness to move the selection, opening the door for numerous inquiries and trade discussions in the past few weeks.

About half of the teams in the league have spoken with the Wizards, according to a league source, and most of those discussions have revolved around the draft choice. Some teams, though, have also asked about the availability of the Wizards' top players, with most focusing on Caron Butler.

Multiple sources have confirmed that the Wizards engaged in conversations with the Phoenix Suns about acquiring all-star forward Amare Stoudemire last month, but the talks stalled when the Suns demanded Butler. Another league source added that Golden State and Portland have also attempted to land Butler, but Grunfeld hasn't budged.

Grunfeld's preference is to hold on to his three all-stars in Butler, Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison but he refused to deem any player on his roster as an untouchable when asked on Monday. "You never say never to anything. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was traded. Oscar Robertson was traded," Grunfeld said. "But I've said many times, I like our players. I think we can compete with just about anybody in the league. So, we like what we have. But if the right opportunity presents itself, you always look at it."

the team will not win with the "overrated" 3. You have to take a risk to try to go into the upper tier.. If it means we have to trade Caron to get Amare...so be it....make the trade Ernie
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#496 » by closg00 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:39 am

Carons pick.

And if Butler had a choice for the fifth pick? "If Stephen Curry is there, you saw what he did at the workout, you saw what he did this season. I think besides Blake Griffin, he's probably one of the two or three best players in college basketball. It's kind of simple, I think."
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#497 » by WizarDynasty » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:50 pm

closg00 wrote:Carons pick.

And if Butler had a choice for the fifth pick? "If Stephen Curry is there, you saw what he did at the workout, you saw what he did this season. I think besides Blake Griffin, he's probably one of the two or three best players in college basketball. It's kind of simple, I think."

and that's why Caron sucks, because he fails to realize that the only way he survives in Washington is by bringing a starting caliber back court player to cover up for his lack of standing reach at the s/f spot. Lmao.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#498 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:00 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:
closg00 wrote:Carons pick.

and that's why Caron sucks, because he fails to realize that the only way he survives in Washington is by bringing a starting caliber back court player to cover up for his lack of standing reach at the s/f spot. Lmao.

We need to bring in a back court player to cover carons lack of STANDING REACH? LMAO AT YOU, give up PLEASE PLEASE GIVE UP NOW, I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.

**** THIS ****!
**** THIS ****! **** THIS ****!
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#499 » by WizarDynasty » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:55 pm

We need to bring in a back court player to cover carons lack of STANDING REACH? LMAO AT YOU, give up PLEASE PLEASE GIVE UP NOW, I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.

**** THIS ****!
**** THIS ****! **** THIS ****!

Standing reach is connected to your ability to contest shots and Caron's is inferior reach is connected to our league leading opponent 3pt percentage. Do you even know what Caron Butler's standing reach is compared to top defensive small forwards. LMAO. :usa:
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#500 » by Zerocious » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:08 pm

:lol:

Return to Washington Wizards