ImageImageImageImageImage

Insight on Miller and Foye from a Wolves fan

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Insight on Miller and Foye from a Wolves fan 

Post#21 » by RickRoll_inDC » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:33 am

from what I'm hearing, we still suck a whole lot on defense with this trade. I still think that Foye will excel here as the fourth option and I fully expect him to be that missing piece to the team.

I really want him to fill the Antonio Daniels role. Is Foye pretty good at driving to the bucket? I think that having another diver in the lineup will fit perfectly in a Flip Saunders offense.
19-13 on game threads
Mcfale313
Bench Warmer
And1: 42

Post#22 » by Mcfale313 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 am

Ya foye is a decent player for my wolves in the past years, is he going to be the starting SG?

because if he backs up Arenas I'm not sure how many minutes he could have per game....not to mention Mr James needs time too

as a wolves fan I really want to see him continual develop into the star player that we used to hope him to become....
Mayoistooslow
Sophomore

Post#23 » by Mayoistooslow » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:41 am

Foye was a good, sometimes great offensive player, but just expect him to get handled in every aspect defensively.
Wingman
Starter
And1: 101

Post#24 » by Wingman » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:33 am

I seem to be one of the only Wolves fans who think the Wizards got the better end of this trade. Foye has been my favorite player since KG got traded, and I will continue to follow him with the Wizards. He is a hard worker and was very involved in the community. There was a solid month when he averaged 21 points a game for us this last year, but unfortunately he couldn't keep it up. He is truly clutch though, and I hope he gets a chance to show why he was referred to as Fourth Quarter Foye as a wolf. I can't wait to see how he plays next year when he is surrounded by a quality team!

And Mike Miller will be better in Washington with more threats to create openings. Great rebounding and passing SG, can learn a role and stick to it, doesn't need shots( although many of us in Minnesota wanted him to get up more shots per game), great complimentary piece.

Plus factor in the salary shed and how weak this draft is, and I really like the move from the Wizards standpoint, but I also see why the Kahn did it, clearing out some of McHales guys, get another younger core pice, find a fresh start with the fans.
Shox214
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by Shox214 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:51 am

You guys will like Randy Foye. He is a good guy and like wingman said does a lot within the community. He probably isn't suited to be the #2 guy like he was in Minnesota, but will be a spark for the wizards bench.

His defense is nothing spectacular but I do remember him making some clutch blocks last year on Oj Mayo and I think it was Ben Gordon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jHW6610gyM. When Randy is hot...he is hot
"Adam is so baked right now" - Jimmy Kimmel on Adam Morrison
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#26 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Foye is very inconsistent defensively, but like mentioned, he's shown that he can be a good one with some of those eye popping highlight plays, like the game saving block on Mayo as mentioned - basically rose up and pinned a Mayo layup attempt, ball game. I think the problem is his conditioning, he came into the league with a double digit body fat percentage. He has defensive ability, but he doesn't have the stamina to play. When he's in game time mode in those clutch situations, you see how talented he can be as he's motivated to overcome his exhaustion, but when its at the 4 minute mark of the 3rd quarter, I'm not sure if he has enough in the gas tank. He'll never reach his potential unless he can take his conditioning to a higher level. The argument could be that Washington doesn't need him for 40 minutes, but he's kind of a rhythm player, not the type to give you 19 points in 20 minutes. Flip is good at maximizing a player like Foye though, he'll figure it out. He was regularly winning 50 games with KG + whatever players were cast off that offseason. We won 51 games in 2002 w/ KG + a rotation of Rasho, Rod Strickland, Gary Trent, Anthony Peeler, Troy Hudson, Szczerbiak, Kendall Gill, Loren Woods, and Joe Smith. That alone should be an instant hall of fame nomination for Flip.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#27 » by LyricalRico » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:21 pm

Sounds more and more like Foye would give us more this year than whoever we would have taken at #5. And that doesn't even count what we'll get from Mike Miller. I'm liking this deal more and more.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#28 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:50 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Sounds more and more like Foye would give us more this year than whoever we would have taken at #5. And that doesn't even count what we'll get from Mike Miller. I'm liking this deal more and more.

:nod:

and we paved the way for McGee to get PT on top of that.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#29 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:51 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Sounds more and more like Foye would give us more this year than whoever we would have taken at #5. And that doesn't even count what we'll get from Mike Miller. I'm liking this deal more and more.

for this year - yes. Flip Saunders has a rep as somebody who doesn't play rookies, but the reason isn't something personal, it's because his playbook is ridiculous. No rookie is likely to pick up the offense and the defensive rotations in time to help out the Wizards enough this season. By the time a rookie is ready, Jamison is gone and Butler is getting old. The time is now, and Miller is going to come in and play and Foye is a young veteran and has had 3 coaches in 3 years, he's gonna be ready more than any rookie.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,925

Post#30 » by Optms » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:31 pm

I've liked Foye on this team regardless of the negative attributes to his game. He's not going to be asked to be the second or even third man on this team. He'll be a role player. He's got a great look to his shot and will be a really good scorer for Washington off the bench. One thing I didn't know about him as I seem to be reading, is that he's hit some big shots down the stretch for Minnesota, definitely a bonus. His game actually reminds me of Arenas'. Anyone else think the same? He's shoots from beyond the arc so effortlessly and his shot is great looking. He seems to live on his outside, inside game the way Gilbert does. That maybe the reason why I've always liked Foye. He's no Arenas, but he can really be effective.

Return to Washington Wizards